Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

Do you actually spend all day and night on this forum on the wind up? "Daddy Mel", you don't even know my opinions, give it a rest

You have no opinion, I saw your posts trying to wind up B4 and now you're trying the same with me.

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

Do any of you really care how fans of other clubs feel about us?

I wouldn't say I care about what fans of other clubs feel about us (especially that shower up the A52)

However I massively care about the good name of Derby County being dragged through the mire, as it currently is being

And it's going to get worse before it gets better I fear

39 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

I wouldn't say I care about what fans of other clubs feel about us (especially that shower up the A52)

However I massively care about the good name of Derby County being dragged through the mire, as it currently is being

And it's going to get worse before it gets better I fear

And there is nothing you can do to change that, so sod what others say or think. 

Getting the thread back on track, saw this posted up elsewhere and I’d just like to say what a classy man Micheal O’Neill is, quote taken from the BBC website and considering his team lost, he showed nothing but empathy for our plight.

3724FB9F-53E1-4A3F-B636-F07229D6D0E1.jpeg

Edited by Zag zig

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Getting the thread back on track, saw this posted up elsewhere and I’d just like to say what a classy man Micheal O’Neill is, quote taken from the BBC website and considering his team lost, he showed nothing but empathy for our plight.

3724FB9F-53E1-4A3F-B636-F07229D6D0E1.jpeg

Classy? Can't begrudge us the win because we've had a difficult 24 hours?! ? How about because just like you saying 'we had two really good chances to score before we did', we could say 'we had two really good chances to score after we did'!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Classy? Can't begrudge us the win because we've had a difficult 24 hours?! ? How about because just like you saying 'we had two really good chances to score before we did', we could say 'we had two really good chances to score after we did'!

You've ignored the final paragraph where he says we played well.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

You've ignored the final paragraph where he says we played well.

Oh I didn't notice we hadn't - how could he deny it bar possession our stats were better/as good as theirs. Look he said a few nice things but it was prefaced with '[Stoke] could have scored more but oh well poor Derby'. You take that how you like.

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I think the point is that not many opposing managers would have been even that gracious.

Can you imagine Warnock even coming close? Those late penalty shouts would have had him frothing in the 4th officials ear.

Just my opinion. TBH don't want pity, we're gonna get as much 'poor Derby' as we do 'serves 'em right' comments.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just my opinion. TBH don't want pity, we're gonna get as much 'poor Derby' as we do 'serves 'em right' comments.

People are just giving O'Neill a bit of credit for looking beyond the basic facts of the game and empathising with the fans and players. I didn't sense any pity in his words, but I accept not everyone sees it the same way.

My unpopular opinion is that I believe the Premier League SHOULD shut up shop. 

I heard on the radio that the revenue generated by the Premier League is currently 50/50 between overseas and the UK. It has changed significantly and quickly as it once stood at 90/10. Now, I don't think that is a bad thing at all and obviously for the Premier League it's fantastic. The apatite for the league is great, but let's not pretend that grew because of the promotion and relegation. It grew because of the dominance of the top 6 and 90% of that overseas revenue is due to them, without question. The balance will soon shift where the Premier League becomes a genuine tourist league. The revenue will be significantly dominated by overseas investment and in turn there will be requirements by the Premier League to pander, if that's the right word, to the investors. We aren't far away from Premier League games being played in different countries and again, I'm not totally against it. I wouldn't want Derby to be a part of it. 

A permanent break from the Premier League would allow the EFL to focus on their brand. The majority of football supporters in this country support teams outside the top 20 clubs in the league. Undeniable. I would argue that the majority of football fans in the country, like me, aren't interesting the big clubs - the big names. They just want a game of football to watch at a reasonable price at a reasonable time. 

The EFL then could become a competitor to the Premier League. The top division in the EFL becomes the Premier League for the 'national league' it's not a stepping stone any more. I genuinely believe it would garner more attention from the wider public, if marketed correctly. The biggest benefit is that clubs wouldn't have the disparity between the Premier League and Championship anymore, the pot of gold isn't there. 

The only other option is going to be increased hand-outs from the Premier League down into the football league. The more the Premier League grows, the more help the Championship will need to stop it becoming a complete farce - more so than it already is. 

Mel said only two teams in the past 10 years(?) have been promoted without completely blowing up their finances in their promotion year, excluding those promoted with parachute payments. You only have to look at the top 3 now. I think the frustrations with Norwich being promoted and relegated almost bi-annually is starting to cause questions too, from the Premier League. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except Mel wasn't just unlucky he wasn't very good at running the club! That's the difference that makes ALL the difference.

I like all these club owners and businessman trying to defend the incompetent running of our club. That Notts County guy who got his nob out keeps doing the same. They are so out of touch with the fanbase who dont want to risk their entire club for a quick reward