Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Probably. Did he offer any show of support to the club and fans with our current plight, or just have a dig at Mel?

He literally got lied to by the club and kept getting fit again but not played. Didn't find out until Rowett told him towards the end they would owe a fee so didn't play him. I don't blame him for being aggrieved to be honest.

12 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

He literally got lied to by the club and kept getting fit again but not played. Didn't find out until Rowett told him towards the end they would owe a fee so didn't play him. I don't blame him for being aggrieved to be honest.

If that was part of the transfer deal (and I think it emerged officially at some point), then surely Thorne would always have known about it from his agent, as well as from signing the contracts?

19 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Mel eventually told him when Cocu said he should go elsewhere and play football. 

23 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

That's his side of the story, but his progress after leaving Derby suggest he was never physically able to get back to Championship first team level anyway, does it not?

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Guess George is a liar then.

Unless, I suppose, the agent and George are only privy to the arrangements between clubs and the player (if WBA are paying and severance and whatever terms Derby are paying him) but the arrangements between the two clubs are kept confidential between them and don't involve the player. That could be an explanation? I don't know how this stuff works.

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"Oh what a gift it be to give us,

To see ourselves as others see us"

Should we care? Not particularly.

Is it natural curiosity to wonder how fans of other clubs see us? Probably.

Should we care if we are doing things in such a way as to piss off all the other clubs, I guess we should have at least a bit. #hubris