Wheeler Dealer

DCFC1388

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

So with our current situation with a full 23 man squad, so we can only work with a 1 out 1 in basis, what business would you do? 

Who would you sell to create space and who would you bring in to fill the space?

The only realistic one would have to be Marshall sold. I would have said Jagielka in, but now CKR injured we need a striker desperately. 

6 hours ago, OUTSIDER said:

It's back against the wall at the moment and any sacrifices have to be made for long term of the club, Knight, Lawrence, marshal, joz and sibley. 

We going no where except down with this team so at least shake up and look at free market 

Jagielka Carroll Delap and good shout with robson-kanu 

Rooney would be better gone and SMC should get and earn his money this time he owes us big time 

I'm assuming SMC is Steve McClaren? He owes us big time? 

The same Steve McClaren who came back to us and got sacked less than a year later for no reason other than to make way for Gary Rowett?

He do you figure he owes us anything?

28 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I'm assuming SMC is Steve McClaren? He owes us big time? 

The same Steve McClaren who came back to us and got sacked less than a year later for no reason other than to make way for Gary Rowett?

He do you figure he owes us anything?

When he was in charge of the big collapse and the Newcastle debacle. He had a team on the verge of promotion in my opinion 

Played a blinder in getting sacked , paid off to walk into another job 

I would sell Marshall and joz.

I would bring in Matt Smith from Millwall, jagielka on a free and sign 3 loans from the prem looking at elanga from man utd, longstaff from newcastle and success from watford

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

I feel sorry for him playing in this team, he is clearly capable of so much more.

I like Jozwiak but good players step up in a poor team. They don't need excuses made for them. Any player can turn around and say 'well I need good players around me to perform.' 

56 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

When he was in charge of the big collapse and the Newcastle debacle. He had a team on the verge of promotion in my opinion 

Played a blinder in getting sacked , paid off to walk into another job 

Built a team for peanuts, decimated by injuries to key players, let down by unreliable calamity Keogh, what would you think is gonna happen. 

We need three keepers in the squad, right? If we shift Marshall then won't we have to promote someone from the academy to take up a slot. I'm not entire sure how that works, but I'd think that's right. 

Jozwiak we could sell, but I can't imagine who we can sign for £4.5k a week as a free agent. Jagielka seemed a good option, but I'd imagine he will want at least double that. Martin Craine, perhaps, but again he's probably expecting a little more than that. Sam Baldock would be the striker we bring in. Are we a better team with Baldock over Jozwiak - I'm not so sure! 

15 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Byre? No way. Our best player. 

There is no way that Byrne is a defender. He is ok going forward  but he has no ability no concentrate on his defensive duties or an awareness of wheat is going on around him. 

Unless you are joking of course in which case 'chortle, chortle'.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

I like Jozwiak but good players step up in a poor team. They don't need excuses made for them. Any player can turn around and say 'well I need good players around me to perform.' 

but tactically, we could get much more out of him. The way we set up and play in no way plays to his strengths. 

2 hours ago, OUTSIDER said:

He took the team to the verge of promotion you mean?

We were a solid mid-table outfit under Nigel Clough and he came in and made us the 2nd/3rd best team in the league

37 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He took the team to the verge of promotion you mean?

We were a solid mid-table outfit under Nigel Clough and he came in and made us the 2nd/3rd best team in the league

you know what i mean, he took cloughs team and tweaked it close to promotion and on his second year we was riding high till January... and the rest is history

4 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

you know what i mean, he took cloughs team and tweaked it close to promotion and on his second year we was riding high till January... and the rest is history

I actually don't...

Macca took a team which I genuinely thought was doing well for themselves in upper mid-table and turned them into challengers for an automatic promotion spot

We then slipped in the second season - Back to the sort of place Nigel Clough would have dreamed of us being in...

The only reason McClaren had a team on the verge of promotion was cos HE took them there...

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I actually don't...

Macca took a team which I genuinely thought was doing well for themselves in upper mid-table and turned them into challengers for an automatic promotion spot

We then slipped in the second season - Back to the sort of place Nigel Clough would have dreamed of us being in...

The only reason McClaren had a team on the verge of promotion was cos HE took them there...

And then didn’t play Bryson in the play off final 

Marshall obviously as he isn’t going to play much 

Lawrence because we just wouldn’t miss a player that doesn’t turn up and we can get a fee for him before his contract expires 

jozwiak - if we can get our money back - unless he want to start performing a lot better 

thats it currently - keep the youth 

6 hours ago, KBB said:

I would sell Marshall and joz.

I would bring in Matt Smith from Millwall, jagielka on a free and sign 3 loans from the prem looking at elanga from man utd, longstaff from newcastle and success from watford

Exactly how would this miracle manifest itself when the the EFL are limiting our numbers . I can see replacing one out with one in , where do the other 3 come from?