Wheeler Dealer

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Sheff Ram said:

It's a question we are all asking...

Makes me also think of Kieran Dowell. 

2019 - Promoted with Sheff Utd

2019 - Did nothing for Derby

2020 - Scores 5 goals in 12 games for Wigan

2020- Norwich deem him good enough sign on a 3 year deal and is now playing in the PL

Maybe it might be something to do with Derby... ?

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

you posted this after Saturday - fair play

The second goal just proved if he had have been positioned correctly for the first he could still have totally fluffed it.

Not a great ten minutes for Nathan.

Do not get me wrong I think he is OK; but best player ?    After that I genuinely admire your loyalty 

Admittedly I have seen little match action this season but I’m basing my opinion on seeing Byrne last season. I would reserve judgement this season until a few matches have passed. He made a massive mistake which cost us but overall I would say he is one of our more talented players and also consistent generally. He was my vote for player of the season last season and I think we need him in our team. He is an upgrade on Bogle. I’m confident he will eventually have another solid season. 

34 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

That's just not true. Ranked 21 in the world rankings. Just to qualify for the EURO's your have to be of a certain standard. Poland won their qualifying group. They also drew 1-1 with Spain.

Don’t kid yourself. They got 1 draw and 2 defeats….they were awful, only Turkey and Scotland were worse. The worst Poland team I have ever seen. 

International call ups are a lottery. Last year Bobby Duncan was called up for the u20s having not trained or played for Derby! There have been dozens of players over the years who’s club form hasn’t warranted international call ups at all levels and all nations. Rooney himself won several caps based on previous England form as opposed to his club form. It’s just the way it is. 

As Derby fans, judgement of Jozwiak should be solely on his form for Derby. 

7 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

This exactly. Without Lewandowski, Poland would not have even qualified. Talk about a 1 man team!!

It was practically impossible not to qualify and then practically impossible not to get out of the groups…but somehow they managed It..!

20 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

This exactly. Without Lewandowski, Poland would not have even qualified. Talk about a 1 man team!!

They actually qualified for the EUROs by winning their group. Many good nations didn't even qualify. They had one bad game and narrowly lost to a good Swedish side who probably would have got to the semi-final if they didn't get a red card. 

they also have:

Szczesny - Juventus

Zielinski - Napoli

Milik - Marseille

as well as about 5 PL players

Jozwiak himself go in the side ahead of players from Augsburg and Sampdoria

This might be a daft question (and certainly one I could ask on about 8 different threads) but if we loan a player out, do the no long count towards our quota?

Simpson has looked decent enough and has potential, but right now if we could loan him out and that allow us to bring in an additional CB or ST, surely that would make sense if embargo limits remained

41 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

This might be a daft question (and certainly one I could ask on about 8 different threads) but if we loan a player out, do the no long count towards our quota?

Simpson has looked decent enough and has potential, but right now if we could loan him out and that allow us to bring in an additional CB or ST, surely that would make sense if embargo limits remained

No we cant. And who is Simpson?

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

image.gif.d2906e260e59ce89a63ea8579b96eb8f.gif

4 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

They actually qualified for the EUROs by winning their group. Many good nations didn't even qualify. They had one bad game and narrowly lost to a good Swedish side who probably would have got to the semi-final if they didn't get a red card. 

they also have:

Szczesny - Juventus

Zielinski - Napoli

Milik - Marseille

as well as about 5 PL players

Jozwiak himself go in the side ahead of players from Augsburg and Sampdoria

Many good nations didn’t even qualify….? Like who.? 
they got 1 point, you can dress It up however you like, they got knocked out in the group stages of the competition that was the easiest It has ever been to get through to the next round. It has never been easier, and they didn’t come close to It. 
They were rubbish and if Jozwiak played for Huddersfield you wouldn’t even have noticed him playing in the Euros. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Many good nations didn’t even qualify….? Like who.? 
they got 1 point, you can dress It up however you like, they got knocked out in the group stages of the competition that was the easiest It has ever been to get through to the next round. It has never been easier, and they didn’t come close to It. 
They were rubbish and if Jozwiak played for Huddersfield you wouldn’t even have noticed him playing in the Euros. 

Look, if he ever plays for another manager/club and is still terrible, you win. We won't know until it happens. We obviously just disagree on which national sides are good and you keep ignoring all my other point about the other players he's getting ahead of. My subjective view is that there's a good player there and we're not getting it out of him.