Hopes for 18 Aug

Eatonram

The day our accounts are due. My hope is that we do not just get silence from the club and efl. That there is some acknowledgement that they are submitted and being assessed and will be a verdict before the end of the window. I want ideally to hear the club say that in there opinion the accounts are compliant with ffp. 

Unless the "sticking point" has been resolved I think we are in trouble and the club's lack of communication leads me to suspect it hasn't been.

I presume we would still submit our revised accounts however as to not so will well and truly leave us in an impossible place.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

4 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Once we've submitted the accounts, do we immediately go into soft embargo, or do we have to wait for some form of EFL review and approval first? I'm hoping the latter is already happening and the cause for the delay in any case. 

Well surely the below embargos get removed straight away?

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

Profit and Sustainability Rules - non-submission of audited accounts

The only one left is probably the below but if the accounts get agreed before we submission surely we can pay that bill too?

Regulation 17 - Default in payments to HMRC

The concern is if they put another type of embargo on us whilst the accounts get checked. Hopefully if an embargo is in place its one where we can sign players as the u21s dont count to the squad limit.

15 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Once we've submitted the accounts, do we immediately go into soft embargo, or do we have to wait for some form of EFL review and approval first? I'm hoping the latter is already happening and the cause for the delay in any case. 

I think if we submit the accounts and pay HMRC we are out of embargo. The problem comes if EFL challenges the accounts. If they do, they have to initiate disciplinary proceedings against us and it’s back into the interminable DCs and appeal tribunals. Which as we know is an endless nightmare. That’s the game of poker underlying the negotiations w EFL about the accounts 

33 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The day our accounts are due. My hope is that we do not just get silence from the club and efl. That there is some acknowledgement that they are submitted and being assessed and will be a verdict before the end of the window. I want ideally to hear the club say that in there opinion the accounts are compliant with ffp. 

Can we have three points as well ?

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Well surely the below embargos get removed straight away?

Regulation 16.2 - Failure to provide audited annual accounts

Regulation 16.3 - Annual Accounts not filed with Companies House

Profit and Sustainability Rules - non-submission of audited accounts

The only one left is probably the below but if the accounts get agreed before we submission surely we can pay that bill too?

Regulation 17 - Default in payments to HMRC

The concern is if they put another type of embargo on us whilst the accounts get checked. Hopefully if an embargo is in place its one where we can sign players as the u21s dont count to the squad limit.

They will put another type of embargo on us - super special secret embargo. 

If the EFL are disagreeing on a certain aspect, which is likely to be a very key aspect, I bet there will be an extension to the deadline.

If it's true the EFL are trying to avoid legal action it would make sense for an extension to try and reach a resolution, also an extension further delays our takeover and any transfer dealing so it's a small win for the EFL.

The most likely is radio silence or something along the lines of "we have complied with the DC ruling and make no further comment" from the club and "we acknowledge the receipt of the required accounts and revised P&S statements from DCFC. We will review the documents and take any actions deemed necessary" from the EFL.

My expectation is a 3-6 point deduction.

Surely we aren’t waiting until the final hour to file the accounts.  

Is the accountant using a slide rule and logarithmic tables?

Once the new amortisation method was defined, then it should be as simple as 1, 2, 3 to apply for anyone with a few brain cells. 

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the EFL are disagreeing on a certain aspect, which is likely to be a very key aspect, I bet there will be an extension to the deadline.

If it's true the EFL are trying to avoid legal action it would make sense for an extension to try and reach a resolution, also an extension further delays our takeover and any transfer dealing so it's a small win for the EFL.

Unlikely, they'll say we've had long enough. I'm more concerned about what happens if we don't submit them on time?