Hopes for 18 Aug

Eatonram

36 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My expectation is a 3-6 point deduction.

An immediate points deduction is the one thing I don't really expect to happen.  I don't think there's any way we submit P&S restatements that has us over the limit.  I think either the numbers are OK (maybe pending a potential agreement with the EFL over some details) and we just submit them, or we insist on using a slightly different non-straight-line method to make the numbers OK, and then fight them on it.  And in that case we're back to square one with charges, hearings and appeals etc.  I don't see us meekly rolling over, submitting accounts with overspending and accepting a deduction.  Certainly not for 6 points anyway. Maybe we do if it's just one or something, but I'm still not convinced on that.

The only other potential route to a deduction I can see is if we don't submit the accounts by the 18th. And even then, I suspect we're back to the DC for another round of hearings as there's no punishment specified for non-compliance in the last set AFAIK.

Got this reply today from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport 

Thank you for your correspondence of 27 June, expressing concern about Derby County Football Club. I am replying as a member of the Ministerial Support Team at the Department for Digital, Culture Media and Sport.
Football clubs, such as Derby, form an integral part of their local communities and it is vital they are protected.
It is understandable that fans will be concerned for the future of their club. The English Football League referred the case to an Independent League Arbitration Panel which has now ruled. It is not for the government to intervene in this legal process. However, if you wish to take this matter further then you can contact the Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) which was created in July 2008 by the football authorities, including the Premier League, with the agreement of the government. The IFO was established to receive and adjudicate on complaints which have failed to be resolved by football clubs or the football authorities, and can be contacted at: contact@theifo.co.uk
However, I can confirm that an independent regulator and finances are both being considered as part of the Fan Led Review of Football Governance, chaired by Tracey Crouch MP. As you may know, the Fan Led Review recently announced its interim findings, which can be found here, and DCMS Ministers look forward to the Review’s final report in the autumn.
Thank you again for raising your concerns.

On 15/08/2021 at 19:30, Mucker1884 said:

I will be amazed if we hear anything "official"... from the club and/or EFL, before midnight ending 18th August.

Twitter might be different though!  ?

I feel like I've been diddled.

I was sort of right all along, and yet officially, the record will show I was wrong!   ?

Looks like just the three points at Hull now given the extension from the EFL. 

Wonder what Gibson will think being as the paperwork was originally due in tomorrow and he would have had a tip off from Parry if there were any discrepancies. Now he’ll be visiting on Saturday none the wiser to our predicament...if indeed we even have a predicament. ?

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

God this is awful.  So we haven't filed the final version yet

Why is it awful, there have been 'constructive discussions'. Isn't that better than the EFL saying 'duck you hand them over we're gonna do for you'?

Afterall the date was just plucked out of thin air, so better we get an agreement and then hand them over, it's just taken a bit longer than guessed.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Why is it awful, there have been 'constructive discussions'. Isn't that better than the EFL saying 'duck you hand them over we're gonna do for you'?

Afterall the date was just plucked out of thin air, so better we get an agreement and then hand them over, it's just taken a bit longer than guessed.

you enjoying this then?  I would have liked full effort to get this done early not late, I guess we are trying to push the envelope again

Doesn’t seem like there’s much urgency to get the embargo lifted does there ? Maybe Mel doesn’t want to enter the transfer market at any level to secure the club’s status in this division which I find odd as relegation would surely make the club less attractive to prospective new buyers and would consequently attract a lower price wouldn’t it ? ?‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Spanish said:

you enjoying this then?  I would have liked full effort to get this done early not late, I guess we are trying to push the envelope again

What's enjoyment got to do with accounts submission? 

I'm enjoying that we've signed two more players and if that's down to being 'constructive' with the EFL that's good too. I don't think it's anything to do with pushing the envelope or the EFL could have said - you can have (well, no-one!) just a replacement for CKR. But they've also allowed us a replacement for Bielik, which they didn't do previously.

So I would suggest whilst not necessarily enjoyable it does seem positive, and if it takes an extra 6 days then so be it.