Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just pointing out that you're selectively picking out stuff which is incorrect and not doing it for everything.

But to paraphrase you whatever. 

I didn't know I had to do it for every post? Is that in the Forum T&Cs?

On 26/02/2022 at 21:13, plymouthram said:

I still believe 42 points could keep us in the Championship. Which means winning half of our remaining games and picking up 3 draws, could be a tall order and that would also mean Reading getting no more than 13 points in their remaining 12 matches. Reading's next 4 games are against teams all in with a chance of getting promotion. Millwall (h), Forest (a), Bournemouth (a) and Blackburn (h).

We have 6 home games left and to get 6 wins we would have to get 3 points away in possibly 2 games. It's a tall order, but possible with a bit of lady luck with other teams results against Reading and our matches. Sorry to write off Peterborough and Barnsley, but  they have both only won 5 games each (Barnsley winning 3 of theirs in the last 4 matches which is great but not form they will continue to do).

If we lose at Cardiff and don't beat Barnsley at home, I would have to state we will get relegated. So the next 2 matches are vital and as it stands the bookies would say the current bottom 3 will go down. But there's always a team that goes on a run with a dozen games to go and there's always a team that does the opposite. Lets hope it's the Rams on the run and Reading or Cardiff that go on a long losing streak.

Don’t write it off just yet, we always come good in the second half of the season, and well over half our squad finished 5th last season, now we’ve brought some quality in on transfer deadline day, to replace last summers departees, confidence seems to be flooding back. 

7 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

Don’t write it off just yet, we always come good in the second half of the season, and well over half our squad finished 5th last season, now we’ve brought some quality in on transfer deadline day, to replace last summers departees, confidence seems to be flooding back. 

No-one on this forum knows what the magical points tally to reach this year will be neither be able to predict the outcome of our next game never mind our relegation rivals.  

A lot of it is speculation to fill the void of having anything else tangible to discuss regards updates on our alleged takeover which seems to be at the end of the rainbow atm. 

19 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

I'll be fair.  You've had a couple of decent results.  Couldn't see you getting anther .  But Santa brought us 4 wins and a draw in 5 at Christmas.  Probably both doomed as it stands.

austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do Bruce and West Brom now dispel the urban myth of a new manager bounce 

18 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

It’s not a myth. 

It kind of both is and isn't. It's based on something called regression to the mean. Managers are often sacked when teams have had a run of underperforming. So it is likely that their form will shortly return to their true ability.

Therefore the new manager will likely get better results than the previous manager did in their last few games. However, it is also true that if the manager hadn't been sacked, they also would have likely got improved results.

So yes, there is such a thing as new manager bounce, but no, it isn't necessarily anything to do with the change in manager.

15 hours ago, JfR said:

If they don't get it together soon, it might be West Brom we're aiming to catch

This was mentioned last night by the presenter, The excuse given by the ex WBA player was...it takes time to get Steve Bruces message across in training on tactics, Formation, Planning and the like...pretty much like all new Managers that start with a new club then.

WBA supporters are revolting ?

1 hour ago, Crazy said:

It kind of both is and isn't. It's based on something called regression to the mean. Managers are often sacked when teams have had a run of underperforming. So it is likely that their form will shortly return to their true ability.

Therefore the new manager will likely get better results than the previous manager did in their last few games. However, it is also true that if the manager hadn't been sacked, they also would have likely got improved results.

So yes, there is such a thing as new manager bounce, but no, it isn't necessarily anything to do with the change in manager.

I don’t think it matters about how much a team is underperforming. A new manager usually brings about better results than immediately before. That is essentially what at least I understand what a manager bounce is. 

12 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I don’t think it matters about how much a team is underperforming. A new manager usually brings about better results than immediately before. That is essentially what at least I understand what a manager bounce is. 

New managers usually only arrive mid season if a team has been underperforming. So I agree, new managers usually bring about better results than immediately before, which is what the bounce refers to (no, not that bounce). But it is not always because of the manager change (even though the media often attribute it to that).

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This was mentioned last night by the presenter, The excuse given by the ex WBA player was...it takes time to get Steve Bruces message across in training on tactics, Formation, Planning and the like...pretty much like all new Managers that start with a new club then.

Oh, i wouldn't say that, i know a couple of very attractive female fans

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Revolting ? .......is it the accent ?

7 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Revolting ? .......is it the accent ?

I used to deliver where that huge industrial estate is just off the M6 close to the ground, They couldn't understand me, And I hadn't a clue what they were saying...Tipton was by far the worst.

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I used to deliver where that huge industrial estate is just off the M6 close to the ground, They couldn't understand me, And I hadn't a clue what they were saying...Tipton was by far the worst.

Actually , they don't speak, they sing and if you haven't got the lyrics you're stuffed !!