Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

Guys, it's not that deep. I just knocked up a quick graph for illustration and couldn't work out how to lane up the axis. Basically the first point is when we had the points deduced, second is the win vs Bournemouth and each point is how it lay after each Derby game since. Sorry if it causes any confusion, just wanted to illustrate a point.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK and I think we're all getting tired of this debate.

I don't have an issue with anyone. I was just correcting an incorrect statement suggesting we had lost ground on Hull over the last 6 games. Whether the graph is wrong or misleading is a little irrelevant. 

Perhaps it's time we both returned to common ground - our hatred of the EFL and owners of Wycombe and Middlesbrough 

Where I was always coming from was if a statement is made in good faith from information that is then proved to be wrong then the original statement is still true its the data that its based on is incorrect. My fault for not checking the information I was quoting. 

Anyhows I haven't checked your calcs but am sure they're correct. 

Think you know by now that I'm just a miserable sod so apologies. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

Guys, it's not that deep. I just knocked up a quick graph for illustration and couldn't work out how to lane up the axis. Basically the first point is when we had the points deduced, second is the win vs Bournemouth and each point is how it lay after each Derby game since. Sorry if it causes any confusion, just wanted to illustrate a point.

I apologise to yourself and @Tamworthram there's a fine line between sticking up for what you thinks correct and being stubborn and dogmatic. 

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't have an issue with anyone. I was just correcting an incorrect statement suggesting we had lost ground on Hull over the last 6 games. Whether the graph is wrong or misleading is a little irrelevant. 

Perhaps it's time we both returned to common ground - our hatred of the EFL and owners of Wycombe and Middlesbrough 

If you try to correct incorrect statements on here you’ll get all the abuse you deserve and more. What were you thinking of ? 

image.png.45a1bf7d01eb5af07f7c90be1848ea8d.png

Ok. Realistically, we don't think we can overtake anybody but Reading. So if we look at each side's remaining fixtures and assume that the previous, reverse fixture results pertain we see the above {very rough and ready spreadsheet}. Derby have the better record having drawn more (6 to 3) and lost fewer (5 to 9). Reading have conceded 25 to Derby's 14; Derby have scored 2 fewer (11 to 13). So, if the identical results apply in the remaining fixtures, we can see:

1. It will be very tight

2. Reading will get 9 points giving them 34 points and Derby will get 13 points giving us 34 points. 

On this basis alone, Derby would survive on GD. 

Of course, this won't happen like this but this gives a fair indication of just how tight it's going to be and that I believe it will go down to the final game.

Reading will have some sort of new manager bounce with PI and Derby's squad looks ultra thin given injuries and suspensions. Basically, I recommend that you don't try and give up anything that helps you get through the games from this point forward. 

There are other ways to try and "forecast" - this is just one way; all methods are only approximations. Madame Football is the only one who knows how this will go, and she ain't telling you! 

53 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Where I was always coming from was if a statement is made in good faith from information that is then proved to be wrong then the original statement is still true its the data that its based on is incorrect. My fault for not checking the information I was quoting. 

Anyhows I haven't checked your calcs but am sure they're correct. 

Think you know by now that I'm just a miserable sod so apologies. 

You did him buddy! I had 20 notes on you, knowing you would stay on your feet. Yes, Tamworth gave it a good go, but there only ever was going to be the one winner. My guess is Mrs Tamworth threw a white towel at her old man, but we might never know. Sleep well Champ.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

image.png.45a1bf7d01eb5af07f7c90be1848ea8d.png

Ok. Realistically, we don't think we can overtake anybody but Reading. So if we look at each side's remaining fixtures and assume that the previous, reverse fixture results pertain we see the above {very rough and ready spreadsheet}. Derby have the better record having drawn more (6 to 3) and lost fewer (5 to 9). Reading have conceded 25 to Derby's 14; Derby have scored 2 fewer (11 to 13). So, if the identical results apply in the remaining fixtures, we can see:

1. It will be very tight

2. Reading will get 9 points giving them 34 points and Derby will get 13 points giving us 34 points. 

On this basis alone, Derby would survive on GD. 

Of course, this won't happen like this but this gives a fair indication of just how tight it's going to be and that I believe it will go down to the final game.

Reading will have some sort of new manager bounce with PI and Derby's squad looks ultra thin given injuries and suspensions. Basically, I recommend that you don't try and give up anything that helps you get through the games from this point forward. 

There are other ways to try and "forecast" - this is just one way; all methods are only approximations. Madame Football is the only one who knows how this will go, and she ain't telling you! 

‘It will be very tight’ would have done frankly. Or a graph.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Are the top 3 achievements Derby’s 2 league wins and Leicester’s Premier League title?

It appears from the comments they don't like being reminded of that.   Saw a comment to one of them earlier, that if if Derby should be relegated and are cheats, then surely Forest should have been relegated the season they broke FFP and stayed up on goal difference.  No response.