Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

Tomorrows game is win win win for us. 

peterborough win, we go further behind then, but it really puts reading in the poo. Peterborough aren’t good enough to go on a run, so we’ll catch back them soon enough either way. 

they draw, both drop points and we have a chance to leapfrog Peterborough straight away. 

reading win, let’s be honest, reading are better than their position, Peterborough are not, so this is probably the most likely result. But that’s okay. Reading are playing a lot harder teams than Peterborough between now and the end of the season, it’s in those games that they’ll lose their points. If they lose any hear it’s a bonus. 

we’re all in such a rush to overtake the other two at the earliest opportunity, but there are still plenty of games left. No need to panic if reading win. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

So if he’s not gone by tomorrow, it doesn’t sound like the reading players will be making any great effort to save his job.

Another upshot to reading winning is that it could save his job temporarily. It’s only Peterborough, so wouldn’t necessarily mean reading have suddenly become good. But it might mean that the manager gets another couple of games to keep them in the poo. 

Over 40 points still to play for here, if we are in with a shout with 10 games to go then that would be lovely.

Still think someone can find themselves getting dragged into it, doesn’t take long for champ teams to work each other out nowerdays and a couple of bad defeats could put a Hull/Cardiff/Birmingham into a spiral. They are in a perfect situation to get a bit complacent. 

19 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Tomorrows game is win win win for us. 

peterborough win, we go further behind then, but it really puts reading in the poo. Peterborough aren’t good enough to go on a run, so we’ll catch back them soon enough either way. 

they draw, both drop points and we have a chance to leapfrog Peterborough straight away. 

reading win, let’s be honest, reading are better than their position, Peterborough are not, so this is probably the most likely result. But that’s okay. Reading are playing a lot harder teams than Peterborough between now and the end of the season, it’s in those games that they’ll lose their points. If they lose any hear it’s a bonus. 

we’re all in such a rush to overtake the other two at the earliest opportunity, but there are still plenty of games left. No need to panic if reading win. 

I don’t see how a Reading win is a positive for us. We don’t want them extending their advantage. The only positive is there manager may get a stay of execution. A draw would be good. A P’Boro win not a disaster, but that will give them confidence going into Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

So if he’s not gone by tomorrow, it doesn’t sound like the reading players will be making any great effort to save his job.

Another upshot to reading winning is that it could save his job temporarily. It’s only Peterborough, so wouldn’t necessarily mean reading have suddenly become good. But it might mean that the manager gets another couple of games to keep them in the poo. 

To be honest, it really grates on me how players do this, much as it helps us.  Ultimately you go out and play as a team for those paying a lot to watch and your own professionalism .  Look at Forest.  Total dog poo this year till Hughton left.  Look at us under Pearson.  We're not going to play because we don't want to .  To many players like this in football.  

42 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest, it really grates on me how players do this, much as it helps us.  Ultimately you go out and play as a team for those paying a lot to watch and your own professionalism .  Look at Forest.  Total dog poo this year till Hughton left.  Look at us under Pearson.  We're not going to play because we don't want to .  To many players like this in football.  

Unless you have a manager like erm, Wayne Rooney, that instils a never give up attitude. Really do think half of it is down to Managers too and the standards they set, respect they carry.

1 hour ago, enachops said:

I don’t see how a Reading win is a positive for us. We don’t want them extending their advantage. The only positive is there manager may get a stay of execution. A draw would be good. A P’Boro win not a disaster, but that will give them confidence going into Saturday. 

There are better results. But it’s not the end of the world. Just as is losing to Boro wasn’t the end of the world. Reading will win games before the end of this season, we will lose games, still time for a few twists and turns in the relegation race yet. All things considered if reading were to win just one more game this season, it’s likely to be this one. If they can’t beat Peterborough, they really are ducked. I’d like then to lose, I’d like them to be ducked, but the reality is, it probably won’t be that easy. It’s not a positive if they win, but it might be the last 3 points they get all season. 

38 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Unless you have a manager like erm, Wayne Rooney, that instils a never give up attitude. Really do think half of it is down to Managers too and the standards they set, respect they carry.

In any normal season though, with money to burn and payoffs available does Rooney last the end of last season or into the start of this one .What we have this year is some experienced old pros at the tail end who just want to play and a lot of youngsters who look up to him as its Rooney  plus Lawrence and Byrne and its sink or swim for the last 2 years.  If we had Richard Keogh and Jason Shackell it would be round to Uncle Mel to demand someone else Last March.

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

To many games left to worry about other teams results - just look after yourself get as many points as you can and everything else will take care of itself 

Wise words. People are going to tie themselves into mental knots well before end of April, if they are already getting too worked up about Game 30. Important game tonight, and on Saturday, but no season is over with 15/16 games to go. If we are still within 3 points of safety with 3 games to go I might then be worrying more about the state of my Calvin’s.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Logic dictates a draw the best tonight, but my ample gut tells me that it'd be better for reading to lose.

To be honest I agree a bit with what @TigerTedd was saying last night.

Reading win and it just drags a few closer to the relegation zone with a lot of games left. Yeah it’s it’d still be a 7 point defect between Reading and Hull but if we are trying to catch Reading and Reading are trying to catch the rest it could be a good scenario until we are into the last 10 games to go. 

Any other result then it starts to look like a four team scrap which is a lot more pot luck to me. 

Either way, as @Sparklesays, it’s about getting ourselves sorted and picking up points for ourselves. Obvious to say, but we need another decent run of results again and then games like tonight shouldn’t matter too much anyway.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Wise words. People are going to tie themselves into mental knots well before end of April, if they are already getting too worked up about Game 30. Important game tonight, and on Saturday, but no season is over with 15/16 games to go. If we are still within 3 points of safety with 3 games to go I might then be worrying more about the state of my Calvin’s.

No point worrying we were down before a ball was kicked - everything this season on the pitch has been a huge bonus as we have been annoying the living daylights out of some supporters whilst others are nothing but impressed - I will be more interested if we start getting some fairer referees