Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

Meanwhile, there are rumours that Forest are about to sell their £13M flop, Joao Carvalho. I bet you can't guess which club is tipped to sign him?

Even more impressively, the Post manages to avoid reporting the fact that the same man owns both clubs.

And it's us that deserve liquidation for trying to find dodges to get round FFP, apparently.

Will the EFL be all over this?

Jimmy Hill Chinny Reckon.gif

Edited by Crewton

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Meanwhile, there are rumours that Forest are about to sell their £13M flop, Joao Carvalho. I bet you can't guess which club is tipped to sign him?

Even more impressively, the Post manages to avoid reporting the fact that the same man owns both clubs.

And it's us that deserve liquidation for trying to find dodges to get round FFP, apparently.

Complaining John Oliver GIF

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Not sure about 'dithering'. They had gone to the EFL on Friday to announce the preferred bidder, and the EFL said "No, sort out our... er, I mean Middlesbrough's and Wycombe's ... yes, that's right, spurious and illegal blackmail first or they... I mean we, are chucking you out of the league".

I think Gibsons claim is absolutely spurious. There's something to Wycombe's, but you should be allowed to proceed with your change of ownership regardless of these two cases. That isn't right. 

Still think your admin's need to get a grip and find some money before the EFL's deadline though. Only one way to do that.

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I think Gibsons claim is absolutely spurious. There's something to Wycombe's, but you should be allowed to proceed with your change of ownership regardless of these two cases. That isn't right. 

Still think your admin's need to get a grip and find some money before the EFL's deadline though. Only one way to do that.

Wycombe's claim should be against Boro who deliberately delayed the appeal process. Without Gibson waving his wig around, there's a very good chance our hearing would have been held early enough for a points penalty to be applied in 20/21.

57 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Genuine question-how would you feel as a forest fan if Derby were liquidated? If the shoe was on the other foot,I'd be gutted if forest went as a lifelong rivalry would go with it,it's one of the first fixtures I look for

19 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Genuine question-how would you feel as a forest fan if Derby were liquidated? If the shoe was on the other foot,I'd be gutted if forest went as a lifelong rivalry would go with it,it's one of the first fixtures I look for

I well remember the end days of Fawaz. Oh how we laughed. Oh how we chortled. But I don't think we ever seriously wanted notts forest to just no longer exist.

It's not like they're Middlesbrough.

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Am I missing something here guys, why aren't the admins accepting bids for some of your players, that presumably would be enough to get you over the line for the season?

Lets say if reports are to be believed, Knight is worth 8m and Lawrence 8m. Sell those pair for a cut rate 10, you're good to see the season out.

I know that would effectively doom your chances of staying up, but presumably that would be preferable to the EFL kicking you out?

Why would anyone bid anything significant for Tom Lawrence? His contract expires at the end of the season at which point they can have him for free. We're not allowed to extend contracts so not a lot we can do about it at the moment.

All the bids we've had so far have been a bag of crisps. No point selling them if we're not getting any money from the rest of the leaches in the Championship.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Jimmy Hill Chinny Reckon.gif

It’s ok they will be in about 3 or 4 years 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Borrow it from a Greek club?

3 hours ago, bimmerman said:

I feel the same way as you. 

Edited by Red_Dawn

27 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Seeing as Shinnie was flogged for £30k, I reckon you could take the admins to the Harvester at Pride Park and Buchanan would be yours before they'd finished with the salad bar.

I could do with someone to do my gardening. Do you reckon I could buy Buchanans contract, get him to do my gardening for a week, and then sell him on to another club for a million? Great way to make a million and get my garden done. 

Edited by TigerTedd