Worst Case Scenario

jimbobram

Am I only the one who wouldn’t mind actually just seeing how Liam Thompson does in that two with shinnie? He looks so comfortable and well balanced on the ball. Looks like he’s of the same vein as billy Gilmour. 

obvs if signings are made he probs won’t be near the 11, but I really like the look of him and Watson. 

I am just about to listen to the vlog below, to see where Derby line up in the predictions ...

But, wanted to share a quote from about 1 min 30 secs... "We're predicting the future in what is probably the most unpredictable football league there is in the world!" 

That shines a positive shard of light ... even upon what may be ... the worst case scenario!

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

Am I only the one who wouldn’t mind actually just seeing how Liam Thompson does in that two with shinnie? He looks so comfortable and well balanced on the ball. Looks like he’s of the same vein as billy Gilmour. 

obvs if signings are made he probs won’t be near the 11, but I really like the look of him and Watson. 

Fate may play a cruel trick on Mel - his beloved youngsters may really begin to shine just as he sells the club. 
I really think this may be the season where some of them step up 

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Fate may play a cruel trick on Mel - his beloved youngsters may really begin to shine just as he sells the club. 
I really think this may be the season where some of them step up 

Yes I thought that too. The wages are low and the timing is good to pick up bargain in experienced players, the youngsters don't have to be relied on but do look promising. We've lost some good picks in Gordon and Delap, the Academy is 'coming good'. 

1 hour ago, Ken Tram said:

I am just about to listen to the vlog below, to see where Derby line up in the predictions ...

But, wanted to share a quote from about 1 min 30 secs... "We're predicting the future in what is probably the most unpredictable football league there is in the world!" 

That shines a positive shard of light ... even upon what may be ... the worst case scenario!

Derby are covered from 6'33 ish to 8'02 ish.

There's a preamble about three teams having to be selected - and not to take it personally if your team is in the bottom three - although, he says, if you're a Derby fan, we probably won't take it personally!

(If you want to comment on the YouTube video - he asks for a 24 team prediction of possible - rather than comments about one team.)

Towards the end of last season, we won one in 15 games. When Rooney was without Gregory and Bielik, we lost nine and drew just one (final day) of ten games (that’s one point from almost 1/4 of the season).

Our best XI (or most used by Rooney) from that one point in ten games was:

Marshall, Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth, Knight, Shinnie, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn, CKR. 

Since then, we have lost Clarke and Wisdom, while backups Mengi, Edmundson and Davies are also not here/currently unavailable. Knight is out injured. Waghorn has gone too. That’s four first-team members missing from the team which took one point in ten games! Bird coming in for Knight is fine, Sibley for Waghorn could be fine. But at CB we’re considerably weaker. Even if we sign Davies, Jags, Morrison and Baldock, are they better than what we had during our terrible run last season?

You can see why we’re tipped to finish last.

1 hour ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

Before everyone panics themselves to death…..we have a good enough squad to beat Huddersfield and Salford without any signings as it stands today. It doesn’t have to be done this week

You’re dead right. I’d say we lack a security blanket for injuries but we can put out a decent team no doubt at all. 

I just watched the highlights of the Notts game. I didn’t see any one from either side holding back and despite the difference in leagues Notts had some skilled footballers .. that triangle they created for the cross where they hit the bar was quality football in any league. We beat them. More to the point Ebesole, Hutchinson, Watson, Sibley Bird etc are all going to be better players with each and every game they play. 

it’s a fragile thing given the squad size. We won’t be challenging for the play offs, but as it stands we have a side that can hold its own. Add Some defensive cover, a cutting edge up front and critically some confidence .. things can only get better.

Whatever happens before Saturday, signings or no signings, the fans have a big part to play to create a good atmosphere before, during and after the game. 

No boooooooooing, get behind whatever team starts and finishes. 

Please, please, please just support the team. 

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Towards the end of last season, we won one in 15 games. When Rooney was without Gregory and Bielik, we lost nine and drew just one (final day) of ten games (that’s one point from almost 1/4 of the season).

Our best XI (or most used by Rooney) from that one point in ten games was:

Marshall, Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth, Knight, Shinnie, Lawrence, Jozwiak, Waghorn, CKR. 

Since then, we have lost Clarke and Wisdom, while backups Mengi, Edmundson and Davies are also not here/currently unavailable. Knight is out injured. Waghorn has gone too. That’s four first-team members missing from the team which took one point in ten games! Bird coming in for Knight is fine, Sibley for Waghorn could be fine. But at CB we’re considerably weaker. Even if we sign Davies, Jags, Morrison and Baldock, are they better than what we had during our terrible run last season?

You can see why we’re tipped to finish last.

Well if you believe what you read in the press of course you’d be worried. But I don’t accept the squad will be that weak.  A number of our academy players are - we can already see - developing fast. Beilik’s return is likely before Xmas. We will miss Clarke for sure but (tho I may have missed something) I hope we will sign Menghi as well as some of the more experienced trialists. (48 hours from Sunday, according to Rooney...).  I think it will be a squad that many a manager could do pretty well with - we may be in the headlines but many clubs are in the poo financially and don’t have Mel’s firepower as a safety blanket. I’m just hoping Rooney has learned from his experience last season. And that he will look to others for advice. Of course we can’t yet rule out a points deduction ...

11 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Whatever happens before Saturday, signings or no signings, the fans have a big part to play to create a good atmosphere before, during and after the game. 

No boooooooooing, get behind whatever team starts and finishes. 

Please, please, please just support the team. 

Absolutely this!!! 
????????

WORST CASE SCENARIO.

Marshall and Roos go out for a few bevies and decide to arm wrestle over a minor difference of opinion on hair products. Results in severe thumb strain. Both out.

Forsyth tears both ACL’s doing the Macarena.

Byrne gives Madonald a lift to the match but sat nav sends them too near to Nottingham and a gaggle of three fingered one eyed tree huggers eat them alive.

Shinnie and Bird are sensible and have early night’s but oversleep due to an extended episode of The Crown.

Lawrence gives Jozwiak and Sibley and chainsaw juggling lesson that ends badly.

CKR turns up on time and is ready for a tear up.So not quite worse case scenario.