Worst Case Scenario

jimbobram

As far as we can fill the gaps at centre back, we should be able to compete at this level at the very least. 

We have a potentially good midfield providing some can hit a level of consistency and come forward in their development. They can really provide a good foundation for us to win games. 

The problem at centre back is that if we don’t have confidence in what we have there then the entire team will play within themselves to cover their deficiency - it means a much deeper, more compact and in turns less creativity. Ironically, the issues at centre back are more likely to impact our goals scored column as much as our goals conceded.

We are going to be a relegation battle, regardless of what we do over the next month. I do think it could be a battle we win, providing we don’t have any point deductions coming our way. Injuries, too, will go a long way as we have no depth at all.  

As someone has already said, it’s going to be a relegation battle all season - the squad even with the freebies that might come in is very poor but my expectations have been adjusted accordingly so anything other than the drop at the end of the season will be a massive result for me.