Derby County versus Real Betis, 28 July, Pre-Season Friendly

angieram

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

We've lost Clarke, waghorn, Marriott, Edmundson to name a few. All better than our current options.

Baldock, aluko, Carroll they're all just useless. Not good enough. 

Only Clarke and perhaps Edmondson who we never really had are losses to me. Could do nothing about signing them so no fault there. Otherwise we have enough players at the club including 5 out of 9 triallists to be a mid table side 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was he happy to be signed for a year with no agents fees?

We'll never know. There are players out there, we just have to find them. Submit the accounts, remove the embargo and we're good to go.

22 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

Sibley hasn’t scored a hat trick at Pride Park?

I wouldn’t be doing anything daft like loaning Sibley out. But I don’t think the best thing is to just give him 90 mins and trust him… he’d be sent off 2/3 times a season 

Fair enough,but he did score one at Blackburn so arguably thats even harder to achieve away!

Sibley is a talent that under the right coach (Mac would bring him on, undoubtedly) will be a major force in this division and possibly beyond.

Watson may well be too,I really like him but he's not on the same level just yet but he's an exciting prospect too.

6 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It was great fun against a team who were technically very good but played at half pace. Notts County I'd imagine will give us a stiffer test, as did Salford.

Roos pulled of two excellent saves, and there were some good performances outfield, notable Shinnie, who it's fair to say didn't enamour himself to the Spanish with his style of play, and Byrne. No surprise those two were our best two players last season.

Of those without a contract, Jagielka and Carroll performed well. Aluko, Morrison and Baldock I'm afraid did not impress. 

Sibley, Williams and Watson looked bright when they came on, and CKR changed the impetus of the game when he came on by giving us a focal point up front. 

Decent atmosphere in the second half as well - doubt the East Stand has had so much singing in it since it was built! Overall, great to be back, more positive than the doom and gloom on here and on social. For tonight, at least. 

Now you see I thought Byrne struggled tonight defensively. 

They seemed to be able to get on his inside quite easily. 

Unusual for him as he's a good player. 

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I didn't miss much did I............sometimes looking for the game...........is more entertaining than the game itself........even the adverts are better.........up the Derby trail...... ermmm I know it's 0-0 and we are not trailing yet..........

..........and we still aren't.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Darren Moore & Paul Cook at the game tonight

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Saw big Dave. Seems strange they were there? 

Checking out the free agents we've helped to get match fit? 

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he's such a great player then others will see it. If he isn't no-one will want him. ?

He has to played again to be showcased tho Roy... there seems to be some weird issue between him and Rooney.

I know if you look back through photos of sibbers in the past,he seemed to be around Mac quite a bit (when Mac was still around)...he's definitely a Mac type player that needs his type of development i.m.o

He may just not get on with Rooney's style of coaching?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

The only player in our squad who might be a 20 goal a season player is Sibley but he's never played. That's 100% on Rooney. I want him gone.

What you want Sibley gone!!!!!.....

Seriously I think Wayne is holding him back for a reason, and Sibbo is like a hungry greyhound ready to come out the traps and he will get the rabbit in this seasons championship and give it a good mauling when he does produce the goods, and you and many others will be praising WR for keeping Sibbo grounded and out of last seasons team, when we were struggling not to knock Sibbo's confidence etc.

Sibbo will have benefited from the break, and has been working on his strength and he will deliver the goals this season, and a lot of our fans, will quickly change, WR burst on to the scene at a very young age, and he will remember and will have learnt a lot from his own experiences, and the young players we saw tonight will reap the rewards, and in turn reward us fans.

ROONEY!.......ROONEY!.........SIBBO!........SIBBO!

Personably I thought Morrison looks better in a more central role where he gets on the ball more and can pick passes. Problem was he was doing a better job covering the left than when He switched with Lawrence. I can only surmise he’s a better player than Lawrence in either position. 

Jags, Morrison and Carrol should be signed. Aluko as a back up. Not convinced Baldock is the answer up front. We need someone in the mold of CKR but a bit younger, a bit more mobile and can score more goals. 

All in all it was great to be back at Pride Park watching some football and winning! 

Archived