Lost and Found.

Rev

A colleague of my wife's was using the quiet time at work to clean out and disinfect departed colleagues desks.

Upon opening one desk, this is what they found!!

What's the strangest thing you've ever found, or indeed lost?

IMG-20210719-WA0000.thumb.jpg.2c16a986626003b2bb25a0c3fca06122.jpg

Edited by Rev
Spelling

10 hours ago, Rev said:

I see no one's ever lost or found something in a slightly amusing or unusual situation worthy of posting.

Like the Sahara desert in here recently.

Working in a pub, you would expect a strange list but quite boring really, just the standard things like phones, wallets, bank cards, gloves, underwear, socks, shoes, umbrellas, vapes, cigarettes, tights. 

Had a work colleague in our office who'd take his Sun newspaper off to the loo every day. He left but hadn't cleared out his wheelie drawers as requested.  I found a few "missing" customer applications that he'd obviously hidden and claimed never to receive but also a few old newspapers.  Took them out only to find inside were copies of Nuts and Zoo, the now defunct men's mags.  Pretty clear what his daily trips to the loo were about ?

Not so much the theme of the thread, but work revenge related. A colleague taped an egg to the underneath of someone’s desk, but hidden behind a little ledge. Eventually it went rotten but as the office was a portakabin, they thought a dead animal had got underneath. The colleague panicked when there were meetings to discuss options and had to sneakily stay late to remove it, by which time there were maggots dropping off it. 

Vaguely recall them replacing the floor and carpet tiles. I’m pretty sure it was a boiled and peeled egg too. 

Found a barnacle covered Zippo lighter on the seashore in a storm.  Lost it on sea during a storm.

Lost my wedding ring and cell phone on a fishing trip with friends.  i called the phone from time to time for a few months, until the battery died.  Old Nokia lasted.  Found a thick 18k gold wrist chain.  Found a wallet stuffed with money.  Lost my mind a few times.