Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

PS. Just because I know that some people appreciate it when I state the blooming obvious ...

... I am fishing for some "well done dear" compliments!

In the meantime, I am going to pretend that it was my post, that led to the appeal for the Chorley-players to be removed from the count of players in "professional standing".

After all, in my world of daydreams, the Chorley-match players were included in the embargo before I wrote my post - and now, one week later, they are not - so it must be true! 

PPS. I do aspire to live in the real world again, one day.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Does anyone know if the embargo stopped us offering new contracts to players while they were still under a previous contract? If not why did we just let their contacts expire knowing we'd be in a crisis the following season?

It did, yes - That's why the contract offered to Marriott wasn't approved by the EFL

3 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Does anyone know if the embargo stopped us offering new contracts to players while they were still under a previous contract? If not why did we just let their contacts expire knowing we'd be in a crisis the following season?

I think so,yes mate.

And by the lack of signings again today,nothings changed

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

It did, yes - That's why the contract offered to Marriott wasn't approved by the EFL

Wasn't that because we weren't paying Peterborough some transfer money we still owed? Might have imagined it as can't find any sources, but i thought that was at least part of the reason it was blocked. (Probs just speculation on here though)

22 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Hopefully HMRC are paid now as per Chris Coles tweet about it being the end of the week...that will change the embargo type and remove some restrictions

So when does this count as paid with the EFL - when we can show we have paid or when payment clears our account with HMRC? If the latter knowing us we will have paid by cheque and put wrong HMRC reference on to spend months wrangling with them to credit this to our account. 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

So when does this count as paid with the EFL - when we can show we have paid or when payment clears our account with HMRC? If the latter knowing us we will have paid by cheque and put wrong HMRC reference on to spend months wrangling with them to credit this to our account. 

And have we even paid it yet?

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is all so painful 

I expected something today I really did 

car crash stuff this 

It is in the club’s power to get the embargo lifted. If they do not, it’s because they think it’s for the best in the longer term   There is a long season ahead 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

It is in the club’s power to get the embargo lifted. If they do not, it’s because they think it’s for the best in the longer term   There is a long season ahead 

Why on earth would they delay it other than because we’re about to get taken over 

Why run the risk of allot some of the trialists saying they can’t wait any longer see u later

i don’t buy that it’s solely in our power the efl will be being major obstacle 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Why on earth would they delay it other than because we’re about to get taken over 

Why run the risk of allot some of the trialists saying they can’t wait any longer see u later

i don’t buy that it’s solely in our power the efl will be being major obstacle 

Why would we delay agreeing with the EFL? Because if we capitulate in the discussions with the EFL about accounts, it might lead to a points deduction now and in future seasons. Yes like you I’m certainly worried that if we don’t sort everything soon, trialists will find other options 

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Possibly but had we paid Peterborough the outstanding fees by then, not itk but it may be one to explore

34 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Why would we delay agreeing with the EFL? Because if we capitulate in the discussions with the EFL about accounts, it might lead to a points deduction now and in future seasons. Yes like you I’m certainly worried that if we don’t sort everything soon, trialists will find other options 

Some believe that even using the standard amortisation we would be ok, are they wrong?