The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Now the dust has settled after the German game, anyone else feeling slightly nervous for tomorrow? We’ve been here before haven’t we ?. It’ll be different this time won’t it? Won’t it? 

I am more relaxed than before the Germany game. After that, anything else is a bonus! Think we will get to the final at least.

Edited by TimRam

10 minutes ago, TimRam said:

I am more relaxed than before the Germany game. After that, anything else is a bonus! Think we will get to the final at least.

I hope you’re right. I’ve just seen this as well? I’m such a worrier with England 

79F3586F-7F18-40B2-8EFA-3166AED7335D.jpeg

If you were told before the tournament that we stand far more chance of winning it than Germany, France, Portugal or Holland I think you'd be pretty hopeful

Nervous about tomorrow? England would win with the B team

I am getting nervous about tomorrow yes. I really wanted to play sweden as they're far more predictable and offer less of a threat than Ukraine who are really dangerous going forward. I'm hoping their last game though will have tired them out considerably and a few of their players including Yarmolenko will be carrying knocks. 

So much positivity and confidence from all the pundits in England, but isn’t this the same position we were in against Iceland? Hopefully we’ve learnt a lot since then, but absolutely nothing should be taken for granted. I’m keeping my feet ok the ground as best as possible. I’ll take 1 or 2 nil in every game from now all days long. Drama, excitement, a Jedi craves not these things. 

Glad Kane grabbed one, that (and beating the Germans) should boost confidence a bit throughout the squad. We're still not in anything like top form though.

Hopefully we can use it to step up a gear, we can't just rely on clean sheets and nicking a goal, especially when the opposition goes up a level or 2 in the later rounds.

I'd feel a lot more confident if our 1-0 and 2-0 wins had been the complete shut outs people are pretending they were. Get the feeling we've been a bit lucky to not concede.

Germany could have scored 2 or 3, Czech's could have had one in the opening few minutes, hell even Scotland had a couple of chances against us.

Pickford being one of England's top performers so far is my worry and will be interesting what happens if we concede the first goal in a game (which must happen at some point, right?) Still don't think we'll win it. If Kane's goal proves a turning point for him and he comes out firing that could change.

Should beat Ukraine though.

Edited by JoetheRam

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

If you were told before the tournament that we stand far more chance of winning it than Germany, France, Portugal or Holland I think you'd be pretty hopeful

Nervous about tomorrow? England would win with the B team

In the same way that France B team should kick Switzerland out without much trouble, yes.

This is a quarter final. We should play our strongest side and respect the opposition.

That being said, I do feel Ukraine are slightly fortunate to be here. I don't even think they can believe what they've done. They won one group game, against North Macedonia the worst team in the tournament, and sneaked through in 3rd place. They then scored a last minute extra time winner against knackered ten man Sweden. It would be a huge disappointment if we didn't progress from here.

England have just got to go out there and match their passion and intensity. Ukraine are decent going forwards but are a soft touch at the back. Our quality should see us through.