Shane Duffy

Ambitious

The build up to our Championship relegation has seen us get linked with £45k-a-week central defender, Shane Duffy. 

Celtic loanee Duffy wanted by Rooney if Derby stay up - Sources (footballinsider247.com) 

It's got to make you laugh. I'm assuming as these are the guys that first reported a number of later-substantiated stories in the summer and January that they get a pass on this which seems utterly maddening. 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-rooney-sets-sights-on-signing-45k-a-week-celtic-loanee-if-Derby-stay-up/

Edited by ThePrisoner
Added link

45 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The build up to our Championship relegation has seen us get linked with £45k-a-week central defender, Shane Duffy. 

Celtic loanee Duffy wanted by Rooney if Derby stay up - Sources (footballinsider247.com) 

It's got to make you laugh. I'm assuming as these are the guys that first reported a number of later-substantiated stories in the summer and January that they get a pass on this which seems utterly maddening. 

If anyone thinks Wazza should stay in his post, that should be enough to make you change your mind.....

I do rate Duffy in the correct sort of system. His biggest issue at Celtic is that he's completely the wrong sort of defender for the high line system that they use.
Having said that, he's also had one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen a player have when he was at Blackburn:

17 hours ago, JfR said:

I do rate Duffy in the correct sort of system. His biggest issue at Celtic is that he's completely the wrong sort of defender for the high line system that they use.

From a Rangers fan, that's what you would expect due to lack of pace being his obvious weakness, but the many goals he has cost them haven't had anything to do with pace, just incompetence. He's had calamitous performances against everyone from Sparta Prague to St Mirren. It's anyone's guess how he carved out a career for himself in the EPL.