Your team/subs/tactics for Saturday

sage

17 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

DCFCFans: (after weeks of seeing Derby lose to the opposition outnumbering and pushing our midfield out of position) BOOOO! Rooney OUT!

Sage: Hypothetically, what would you do differently in the bulld up to the weekends game?

DCFCFans: Well for starters let’s keep that formation the same. I’d keep the midfield the same, that’ll probably stop Bannan who usually controls the game. Actually the only major change I’d make is to the goalkeeper.

That’ll probably sort it.

All that really goes to show is that formations & team selection are secondary concerns to the effective implementation of tactics through good coaching, working on attacking routines, structure, defensive disciple, organisation at set pieces etc; secondary to game management, man management.

Unfortunately when watching us play there's very little evidence of any of that, so it's pretty much a moot point as to what team we put out - none of them seem to fully know their role whatever the formation.

We may as well just carry on throwing 11 players out there in some semblance of a formation, leave it up to them and hope for the best, it's too late for anything else now.

Edited by Coconut

50 minutes ago, Coconut said:

All that really goes to show is that formations & team selection are secondary concerns to the effective implementation of tactics through good coaching, working on attacking routines, structure, defensive disciple, organisation at set pieces etc; secondary to game management, man management.

Unfortunately when watching us play there's very little evidence of any of that, so it's pretty much a moot point as to what team we put out - none of them seem to fully know their role whatever the formation.

We may as well just carry on throwing 11 players out there in some semblance of a formation, leave it up to them and hope for the best, it's too late for anything else now.

Reminds me of our school cricket team and our instructions from our skipper on fielding positions...”Right Lads...erm Spread out!”. 

7 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

1. Don’t play Waghorn

2. We can’t rely on our defence so we have try and keep the Wendies in their half or as close as possible to it.

3. We don’t score many but we need to shoot and stop over hitting our free kicks, passes and corners.

4. Pray to the football gods for a Derby 2-0 win

Steve Bloomer, if you have any influence with the Big man upstairs can you please put a word in for us, I know you will be watching ?

?????????

Steve just called and wanted to know which one you meant?

image.png.d279d2ca0a9698bbe1b07c29ece59c88.png

image.png.4da0a126d4eff0b6553bdce981114b6f.png

Sorry, big men needed big pics.

4-3-3

Marshall 

Byrne, Edmundson, Clarke, Buchanan 

Shinnie, Sibley, Knight 

Lawrence, kazim, jozwiak 

Forget what they can do, go and attack. Shinnie to sit, sibley and knight to run and support kazim and for once go beyond him and get near the goal. 

Subs : Roberts for Lawrence or Joz, bird or Watson for Sibley or Knight. 

Forsyth, wisdom plus kids

19 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Match em up 

Zonal defence 

Knighty out wide

Watch the opposition change the game tactically.........do not respond (very important)

Take our best performer off

Get sibbo on with 7 mins left

... Blame Sibbo

On 05/05/2021 at 10:41, sage said:

What would you do?

If I was suddenly manager?

Monday - The week would have started with one on one interviews with each player ..

Two questions - 

1. Are you proud to play for Derby? Anyone who doesn't answer immediately in the affirmative would not be playing tomorrow

2. What will you do to help us win on Saturday? I would make them write it down in two inch high sharpie letters, and then I would put it in an envelope and put it in a desk drawer. Give them photocopy.

Tuesday - A full 90 minute game against the reserves/me and coaching staff on PP pitch. Full tilt, no prisoners. Extreme goading and urine taking of anyone I don't think is trying. Maximum encouragement for aggressive angry play.

Wednesday - Rest day. Maybe walk along Dove with complimentary bacon sandwich.

Thursday - Light training during the day ... then ..... Massive fancy dress Pess up at secret location, owners past and present to attend. 

Friday - Each player who is playing phoned by me at noon. Then read this forum for three hours and compare to photocopy of promise note from Monday.

Tactics for Saturday - every player to have at least one shot on goal. Attack, attack, attack. Steve Bloomer is Watching.

COYR

Edited by WhiteHorseRam
typo