Your team/subs/tactics for Saturday

sage

image.png.9a700e6c40420d41ceca04f531d81579.png

We need to set up to counter attack. Wednesday will need to attack at some point. If we can hold them off for the first half they might start to get desperate and leave space to counter into.

Stop zonal marking

Tell Shinnie or Knight to man mark Bannan

Leave Lawrence high up the pitch

Sub off one of the front four for Bird if the situation is looking good, Sub off Knight for CKR if we need a win and just pray.

Sheff Wednesday have been playing 3421 which Rooney has in the past countered with wing backs himself.

I wouldn't go that way today but would understand if he does, given the height in theur team and our full backs have put better crosses in than our wingers this season.

I would go with

Marshall 

Byrne   Edmondson Clarke Forsyth

Knight Shinnie 

Jozwiak       Lawrence         Roberts

CKR.

Marshall pips Roos as I think he would handle the occasion better

Forsyth pips Buchanan as he is better in the air and will need to win back post headers v Paterson 

Knight and Shinnie not to get dragged around by Bannan. If you man mark him with a 2 man midfield he will drop deep or wide and SW play with 2 CAMs behind the CF.

Whoever is nearest presses Bannan.

Play Jozwiak right and Roberts wide on their natural foot. This will either peg back their wing backs or stretch the remaining CBs in a 3 on 3 across the pitch.

Lawrence for all his faults is more of a goal threat than Sibley, especially from crosses which is how this XI is set up.

Subs 

Roos Ebosele Forsyth Cashin Bird Watson Sibley Cresswell Waghorn.

Marshal

byrne       Edmunson.      Clarke     Fozzy

Shinnie

joz.         Knight.               Sibley.          Lawrence

Ckr 

I might try marking the opposition players when they have corners and free kicks. I know it is a radical proposal but it just might work. 

Push Bannan on to his right foot and don’t let him dictate the game. Close Reach down when he is in sight of goal. 

I have every confidence that our coaching team will have us set up correctly for this one. I heard they had been practising defending crosses! It might have taken 45 games but they got there in the end.

21 minutes ago, Archied said:

Marshal

byrne       Edmunson.      Clarke     Fozzy

Shinnie

joz.         Knight.               Sibley.          Lawrence

Ckr 

That's what I'm learning towards today. Hopefully allows for one of our midfield (probably Knight) to kick the **** out of bannan (fairly of course) and stop him influencing the game. Should be able to get players up in support of CKR as well.

Roos vs Marshall is the only thing I question but to be honest I'm not sure what my preference is considering recent performances of both

2 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

Roos vs Marshall is the only thing I question but to be honest I'm not sure what my preference is considering recent performances of both

I'm leaning Marshall for this one, he's likely better able to deal with being the villain if a catastrophic mistake is made. Negative I know.