Your team/subs/tactics for Saturday

sage

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Marshall

Byrne Edmundson Clarke Buchanan 

Knight   Shinnie 

Roberts  Lawrence Jozwiak 

Kazim 

I wouldn't be unhappy with that line-up. Sibley for Lawrence perhaps but I agree we need Knight alongside Shinnie just for nuisance value. We need to shut down Bannan. 

What I'd like to see is, from that line-up, Roberts, Lawrence and CKR in the box every time Jozwiak gets it and the other three when Roberts gets it. 

Also Shinnie or Knight sitting just outside the box to pick up any loose clearances or lay backs. 

We have one sole striker in the box so many times and it drives me mad. 

DCFCFans: (after weeks of seeing Derby lose to the opposition outnumbering and pushing our midfield out of position) BOOOO! Rooney OUT!

Sage: Hypothetically, what would you do differently in the bulld up to the weekends game?

DCFCFans: Well for starters let’s keep that formation the same. I’d keep the midfield the same, that’ll probably stop Bannan who usually controls the game. Actually the only major change I’d make is to the goalkeeper.

That’ll probably sort it.

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Marshall

Knight   Shinnie 

Kazim 

Would probably stick with Fozzy. I like the look of that team but would like to somehow fit in Sibbo....

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

DCFCFans: (after weeks of seeing Derby lose to the opposition outnumbering and pushing our midfield out of position) BOOOO! Rooney OUT!

Sage: Hypothetically, what would you do differently in the bulld up to the weekends game?

DCFCFans: Well for starters let’s keep that formation the same. I’d keep the midfield the same, that’ll probably stop Bannan who usually controls the game. Actually the only major change I’d make is to the goalkeeper.

That’ll probably sort it.

You go on as if I had sent a trap for posters.

8 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

High intensity until the final whistle.

Marshall in goal essential.

Unleash  Sibley, he’s got a point to prove.

Defence is crucial, but don’t just set up for a draw.

Waggers can bring the drinks on , maybe use him as an 86 min sub.

Send Waggy to Ipswich for his job interview, rumours are they interested in him

4 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Play the same team as last time, but make them have a bit more backbone if things go against them.

SWed played 5 at the back vs Forest, do we think they will do the same vs us?  This will tend to make it a tight game with us passing it around in front of their massed ranks.

Having both CKR and Waghorn up top then may give us best chance when crossing etc. 

But Waghorn has scored just 3 goals all season

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Marshall

Knight   Shinnie 

Kazim 

Thats the team I would start with, give CKR an extra painkilling injection so he can play as long as possible, when he starts to fade bring on Cresswell. any failings with Roberts or Jozwiak replace with Ebosele (lots of pace to worry Wednesday late in 2nd half). Use Forsyth for cover in left back and centre halfs if required. Sibley, Watson and Bird  as further options in the 2nd half.  As for Waghorn, give him his taxi fare to Ipswich for his job interview (his heart is not in this club).

P.S. Wayne if are reading this blog take heed and do it

But regardless of what Rovrum do am I not right in saying our game with Sheff Weds will determine who fills the last slot so if they beat us and Rovrum don’t win they stay up ? Sheff Weds have to win to have any chance of staying up so I can see them going for it 

41 minutes ago, S8TY said:

But regardless of what Rovrum do am I not right in saying our game with Sheff Weds will determine who fills the last slot so if they beat us and Rovrum don’t win they stay up ? Sheff Weds have to win to have any chance of staying up so I can see them going for it 

Of course, they will go for it and will be expecting us to set up defensively and so therefor we should do the opposite and also go for it

20 hours ago, sage said:

What would you do?

Roos 

Byrne Edmondston Clarke Forsyth    
                Knight shinnie

Sibley 

waghorn.    Richards.   Lawrence 

tactics - expect wilson to beat Rotherham at cardiff whilst we refuse to score which stops Sheffield Wednesday scoring 2 goals quickly  and 0-0 settles it - all that 

15 hours ago, robglosta said:

I pray to God part of the tactics this week is Lawrence working on his defensive duties.  We also simply cannot be giving away so many silly fouls or tracking runners as badly as we have in recent weeks/months or it will feed directly into Wednesday's hands.

Expecting Lawrence to learn his defensive duties based on history is fairly impossible - so keep him at the halfway line and keep Forsyth back to defend ( sadly Buchanan can’t play with Lawrence in front of him) - probably Lawrence last game for us just like Waghorn so let’s hope they end on a positive 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Expecting Lawrence to learn his defensive duties based on history is fairly impossible - so keep him at the halfway line and keep Forsyth back to defend ( sadly Buchanan can’t play with Lawrence in front of him) - probably Lawrence last game for us just like Waghorn so let’s hope they end on a positive 

Personally after watching Waghorn against Swansea I'd rather he ended his time here on the bench - put a footballer on instead!

1. Don’t play Waghorn

2. We can’t rely on our defence so we have try and keep the Wendies in their half or as close as possible to it.

3. We don’t score many but we need to shoot and stop over hitting our free kicks, passes and corners.

4. Pray to the football gods for a Derby 2-0 win

Steve Bloomer, if you have any influence with the Big man upstairs can you please put a word in for us, I know you will be watching ?

?????????

Edited by Elwood P Dowd
Spelling

Marshall
Byrne          Edmundson           Clarke          Forsyth

Shinnie

Joswiak                         Knight               Lawrence

Sibley

Kazim-Richards

I'd only play 1 CDM in this game with Knight & Sibley switching , and Joswiak & Lawrence to do the same.
I'd play Marshall & Forsyth simply for the experiance factor. Wingers to play fairly tight and cut inside which is what they are both best at and let the fullbacks provide the width.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Personally after watching Waghorn against Swansea I'd rather he ended his time here on the bench - put a footballer on instead!

Indeed. Waghorn is on the “release” list so has no personal investment in the Club any longer so if there’s another option best go with that. Waghorn already on his tractor to Ipswich ? 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Indeed. Waghorn is on the “release” list so has no personal investment in the Club any longer so if there’s another option best go with that. Waghorn already on his tractor to Ipswich ? 

I'll borrow a tractor from round here and drive him there myself! ?