Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 15/04/2022 at 15:32, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He's not going turn down the Everton job and the Man Utd assistants job only to go to Burnley who will almost certainly be a Championship club next season. It'd make no sense.

When he leaves us it'll be for a much better job than Burnley.

What makes me smile, even today, journalists like on Sky, just can’t help but try and tease out some doubt with speculative questioning, when the team has just been relegated.

Rooney impresses me with his no nonsense, I’m here to build the club back up type retorts, it just comes across like in his own mind, he’s totally focused on what he wants to happen. Such commitment with the hand he’s been dealt, has been so commendable, along with the way he’s carried this club.

He really deserves to be given a real chance to move forward, doubt any manager has been shackled so much in modern times. 

So want this administration over and Rooney able to move us forward. The bloke needs a break for all he’s put up with.

20 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Super classy from Wazza on what must have been a tough day for him. To take time out to come and speak to the fans in person is really quite something. I think retaining his services will prove a massive coup for the club and I suspect the fans will respond in kind next season and simply carry on where they've left off. Saddened by our failure, but so proud of all concerned all the same. We'll be back soon enough.

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

You don’t think our youngsters been a credit to themselves?

Personally I think  they’ve been great!

Each to their own I guess

Lol. Where did I say that?

You don't think Rooney has seen Festy in training and how he has conducted himself? That he might be concerned that our other youngsters don't get the wrong ideas? That those youngsters realise how difficult it can be to achieve success?

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Where did I say that?

You don't think Rooney has seen Festy in training and how he has conducted himself? That he might be concerned that our other youngsters don't get the wrong ideas? That those youngsters realise how difficult it can be to achieve success?

No I don’t think our other youngsters have shown any propensity for that. 

They seem dedicated and professional!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So did Festy.

And Festy has been dropped from the squad and could potentially be made to train on his own, etc. And I’d agree with his exclusion if the manager feels so strongly about his conduct.

The other players would see this, know why it was done and the lesson would be learned ……..in house.

Bagging the lad out in public serves no real purpose.

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

And Festy has been dropped from the squad and could potentially be made to train on his own, etc. And I’d agree with his exclusion if the manager feels so strongly about his conduct.

The other players would see this, know why it was done and the lesson would be learned ……..in house.

What does Rooney say when asked where he is? Why should he lie?

Edited by RoyMac5

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

What makes me smile, even today, journalists like on Sky, just can’t help but try and tease out some doubt with speculative questioning, when the team has just been relegated.

Rooney impresses me with his no nonsense, I’m here to build the club back up type retorts, it just comes across like in his own mind, he’s totally focused on what he wants to happen. Such commitment with the hand he’s been dealt, has been so commendable, along with the way he’s carried this club.

He really deserves to be given a real chance to move forward, doubt any manager has been shackled so much in modern times. 

So want this administration over and Rooney able to move us forward. The bloke needs a break for all he’s put up with.

He played under the most loyal manager there is. He’s a winner and knows he can build a legacy - I believe part of him will be pleased we’ve been relegated today instead of next week or the week after so that he has more time to prepare, plan and then attack. 

League one will not know what’s hit them. 

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Festy jumped ship at the first opportunity- duck him. I hope he feels embarrassed to walk around Derby 

8 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Festy jumped ship at the first opportunity- duck him. I hope he feels embarrassed to walk around Derby 

No he didn't. He turned clubs down in january.

What do you want him to do? Just let his contract expire at the end of the season and hope he gets picked up by someone else?

We couldn't offer him a new contract and still can't. For all he knew our club was going down the toilet and he is more than entitled to secure his own future.

Shame to hear his attitude wasnt right for this game, but you can't knock him for jumping off the titantic onto the life boat.