Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I can't say that Wayne bring manager or not next season will have any bearing on my season tickets purchase for next year or indeed the division we are playing in.

That’s fantastic and I’m sure there are many others who think the same. ?

If you are in a position to not have to “think” about prioritising spend in these times then brilliant - it must be a great feeling.  I suspect many season ticket holders will have to balance spend in the next 12 months and give serious consideration to renew or not to renew.

My main point was that if Wayne is manager next season I will be there come what may, irrespective of which league we are in - partly because it is a good signal towards the new owners intentions but also because the loyalty that Wayne has shown the club deserves my loyalty in return, irrespective of other factors.

Reality is that if we still have a club next season then I’m sure I will be there, as I have been for the last 45 years.  COYR

5 hours ago, Donnyram said:

That’s fantastic and I’m sure there are many others who think the same. ?

If you are in a position to not have to “think” about prioritising spend in these times then brilliant - it must be a great feeling.  I suspect many season ticket holders will have to balance spend in the next 12 months and give serious consideration to renew or not to renew.

My main point was that if Wayne is manager next season I will be there come what may, irrespective of which league we are in - partly because it is a good signal towards the new owners intentions but also because the loyalty that Wayne has shown the club deserves my loyalty in return, irrespective of other factors.

Reality is that if we still have a club next season then I’m sure I will be there, as I have been for the last 45 years.  COYR

It's not about prioritising my spend,I'm not loaded and have to consider my finances like anyone else but Wayne being manager or not has no bearing on my decision at all.

I appreciate his loyalty and the way he has motivated the squad but my support is behind derby county as a club,it matters not to me,which division we are in and managers will come and go.

On 01/04/2022 at 15:08, ollycutts1982 said:

I is my believe he will leave at the end of the season. Tbh who could blame him. He can’t have faith in Q, dislikes MM, keeps pushing for it to be resolved. 

After the Sheff Wed game last season I would have liked nothing more for him to leave. After how he has handled himself this season and how he has galvanised the club it will be a sad sad day when he leaves. It could have been so different had Q not been so full of themselves believing they held all the cards when it appears that they weren’t even sat at the table. 

Not many managers leave clubs on good terms. 

If unfortunately Wayne does leave, he will leave as a hero. Maybe not due to performing a miracle, but for his loyalty and his leadership through a time where thing could not get any worse. Captains of a sinking ship should always be the last to leave. He has been our captain to the best of his ability and he has gained our respect for the rest of his managerial career. 

Just now, jimbobram said:

Not many managers leave clubs on good terms. 

If unfortunately Wayne does leave, he will leave as a hero. Maybe not due to performing a miracle, but for his loyalty and his leadership through a time where thing could not get any worse. Captains of a sinking ship should always be the last to leave. He has been our captain to the best of his ability and he has gained our respect for the rest of his managerial career. 

I'd rather he stayed. I reckon he would too. C'mon Q announce a PB!

On 01/04/2022 at 14:15, Yani P said:

100% he will leave in the summer if things are not sorted and why wouldn't he. 

Failing in div 1 could be the end of his managerial career. And it’s a div he knows nothing about. He’s currently asking our squad to play a type of football that is likely to fail without a PL or strong ch squad. That won’t work in div 1. He’s not yet experienced enough to look at a group of players and work out how to get the best out them. Warnock was right that Wayne has a free hit this season. But if we’re relegated he’s in a pickle - unless perhaps Everton get relegated 

Wazza said “The only reason he went into management - was to get the Man U job”. That could be a few years yet. He goes on Sky tonight and will be going through tactics with Gary Neville .He will have to get the Man U fans to buy into his style of football , and have a bit of success before he is ready for the “Big Job”.