We won’t go down

Curtains

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Predictive text .

What I was saying was if Rotherham beat Luton tomorrow night Sheff Wednesday will be relegated before we play them 

Not quite so, if they win by a goal Wendies would need a 6 goal swing, beat us 3-0 and Rotherham lose 3-0 at Cardiff, not impossible...

Edited by Jimbo Ram

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This my opinion.

I believe CKR is the problem 

He is slow and easy to read 

He is when playing on purely through injections, yes.

Prior to this he was our second most important player and well on course to match Martin's contribution last season. Martin achieved that thorough careful management of his health,  along with playing Waghorn in his place, in a defined if unpopular system.

He has himself admitted that his injury means he can't dominate opposition defenders and yet we still play him with that aim instead of playing it to his feet. It's madness.

Edited by Coconut

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He is when playing on purely through injections, yes.

Prior to this he was our second most important player and well on course to match Martin's contribution last season. Martin achieved that thorough careful management of his health.

He has himself admitted that his injury means he can't dominate opposition defenders and yet we still play him with that aim instead of playing it to his feet. It's madness.

That’s what I’m on about .

Whats wrong with this mobile team 

Mine would be with a false 9 

Marshall 

Byrne        Edmundson     Clarke    Buchanan 

Shinnie       Bird      Knight  

Sibley 

Joswiak         Lawrence 

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

You’d rather be in Wednesday’s position?!

They could beat us 4-0 and still go down. Depending on tomorrow’s result, we might not even need to score a goal to stay up.

No matter how poor we’ve been and how low confidence is, we definitely hold an advantage over Sheff Wed, and possibly over Rotherham too.

sorry, I should have made clear I'd rather be in their position if rotherham don't win tomorrow. In my view it's a question of momentum our momentum is a downward spiral there's is that they've given themselves a chance. If they go into the last day with it all to play for then I'd rather be on that side of the fence than ours. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

That’s what I’m on about .

Whats wrong with this mobile team 

Marshall 

Sibley 

Joswiak         Lawrence 

It's about as good as we can get at the minute, I agree.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Admire your loyalty @Curtains but that's as daft a false equivalence as I've seen in a long time. How about we flip it backwards, which is very simple and say that given we can't win without Bielik, it clearly proves it was Bielik and not the coaching winning games during that period. Hate to say it, but I think my supposition makes a deal more sense than your does or do you suppose that Rooney is only a good manager when Bielik plays? Really, what seems most likely?

I think his point is that unless you have the raw material available then the influence of a coach is limited to quite a degree. The Striker problem, The Beilik problem and the relative youth in key positions all add up. I don’t think Rooney will ever be a legend of a coach but the problem isn’t fundamentally  coaching it’s what’s available to the coach AND the mindset that they are in. If Rooney has a failing it’s that he doesn’t seem to have managed to inspire the group enough to lift them out of where they are. ..4231 / 442 or Knight on the left vs starting Sibley are secondary to my mind

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I would definitely have Sibley in the side,every match Curtains....Rooney for some unfathomable reason can't see it.

Well with the influence of McClaren he wants to play with a CF in the hold up role as he did with Chris Martin. .

Sibley has to start surely and stay disciplined.

I’m  sure Louis can stay calm and controlled more now .

Down to Rooney though but I’m just saying the team I would play and work on this week 

I’m getting boring with this now and been watching the snooker which has been great and so won’t be posting until tomorrow 

Marshall 

Sibley 

Joswiak         Lawrence 

Just now, Curtains said:

Well with the influence of McClaren he wants to play with a CF in the hold up role as he did with Chris Martin. .

Sibley has to start surely and stay disciplined.

I’m  sure Louis can stay calm and controlled more now .

Down to Rooney though but I’m just saying the team I would play and work on this week 

I’m getting boring with this now and been watching the snooker which has been great and so won’t be posting until tomorrow 

Marshall 

Sibley 

Joswiak         Lawrence 

Well we have tried everything else bar not fielding a team at all so I'd give it a go mate.

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I firmly believe we won’t go down, I am delighted It is going to the last game of the season and a straight shoot out, couldn’t get more exciting.

Won’t be the case if Rotherham win tomorrow...

20 minutes ago, jono said:

I think his point is that unless you have the raw material available then the influence of a coach is limited to quite a degree. The Striker problem, The Beilik problem and the relative youth in key positions all add up. I don’t think Rooney will ever be a legend of a coach but the problem isn’t fundamentally  coaching it’s what’s available to the coach AND the mindset that they are in. If Rooney has a failing it’s that he doesn’t seem to have managed to inspire the group enough to lift them out of where they are. ..4231 / 442 or Knight on the left vs starting Sibley are secondary to my mind

My post was a response to a very specific question @jono. The inference of which was how could a bad manager have achieved what Rooney did when Bielik was in the side? 

As for the raw materials argument, well that resonates rather more, but then the very same folk who push that argument most vehemently now, were stood front and centre to scream the opposite when Cocu had essentially the same team, but no Colin, no Bielik and no 5 additional loans. I think it's fair to say, this is where opinions became narratives and that's the politest way I can think of terming it. 

As for the nuances, the minor tweaks and their value, I'd say you underestimate them. Playing Sibley left side of midfield, for example, yields better performances. Equally, playing Wisdom at CB and Knight wide left does not. Playing two or even 3 CDMs together has not shored up our defence, it has merely limited our attacking options. The public shaming of players, especially the younger ones, whilst complaining that the team lacks unity and spirit and other such open contradictions, all of these factors may seem of superficial in isolation, but together...

To be honest, I don't think such notions individually are remotely fanciful or insignificant. What they do, to my mind at least, evidence, is the difference between a coach who knows what he's doing and one who is constantly scratching around hoping to stumble on a working formula.

Most infuriating is that when we do play well, the tinkering continues. That to me is pure vanity. We're not Rooney's toy to play with, rather we're a club that has desperately needed a win for weeks now. Instead of the Rooney way and the never-ending stream of new systems 'designed to nullify opposing teams' , how about we look at what has worked in recent history and revert to that? We can and have won games, even this season, by simply playing to our own strengths rather than trying to prove we can out-coach opposition managers and getting absolutely schooled by the likes of Lee Bowyer in the process. It seems to me that the current coaches can't take a backwards step and this arrogance is what I find hardest to take. It speaks to a very real lack of common sense too.

Time for a hard re-set, I reckon  ?‍♀️

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The inference of which was how could a bad manager have achieved what Rooney did when Bielik was in the side? 

What I still can't get my head around is the fact we won 4 from 6 when Bielik was injured so that is basically the players he has had available all the time (obviously we have had a bad run of injuries more recently as well).

Edited by Yani P