We won’t go down

Curtains

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Please Curtains this isn't the time for prevarication if you think that getting relegated to League 1 will be a positive move financially or otherwise then we live on different planets. 

It would be awful financially of course it would and I hate the thought of it so that’s why I won’t counter nance it until it is a mathematical certainty 

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It would be awful financially of course it would and I hate the thought of it so that’s why I won’t counter nance it until it is a mathematical certainty 

You've ignored my original point which you replied to which is that the owner could and should have done something about Rooney to stop us getting to the terminal position we are in now. 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I've always been one of the people that said we'll be fine. I've been confident all season that we'll be safe by the end...

We're still in the best position though and I'll be nervously cheering them on come Saturday. COYR.

We're only the best position if Rotherham don't win on Tuesday, then it would be down to us.

Although we've lost from good positions you have to keep saying at least we got into a position where we should have done better. We've not had good luck either, but we have to make our own luck.

Let's hope that it's in our hands to get the points needed to stay up after Tuesday evening.

We have scored goals and threatened. We have defended well at times. We need the chance to put the two together! I don't think there's much difference in talent between many of the players but can we at least have the one's most likely to score and least likely to choke on the pitch please Wayne? #COYR

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wish I had your optimism.

Ive thought for about a month now that we are gone.

For me, we need to keep a clean sheet against Wednesday to stay up. Don't see it happening. 

That big lump Paterson will have a field day in our box.

And Rhodes 

this is my concern 

I fully envisage us playing ok , like against Swansea like against brum first half , but u know that at some point the ball will come into our box and any one of the back four (literally who’s turn to switch off this week lucky dip) will have a lapse lose their man and it’s just down to the footballing gods and Lady Luck if it ends up in our net or not 

I’m not optimistic on the slightest tbh 

keeping everything crossed that fortune favours us 

58 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

And Rhodes 

this is my concern 

I fully envisage us playing ok , like against Swansea like against brum first half , but u know that at some point the ball will come into our box and any one of the back four (literally who’s turn to switch off this week lucky dip) will have a lapse lose their man and it’s just down to the footballing gods and Lady Luck if it ends up in our net or not 

I’m not optimistic on the slightest tbh 

keeping everything crossed that fortune favours us 

I also worry about Barry Bannan, he has controlled so many games against us since he actually played here.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

My mate said we already down. 

I don’t believe him. 

The odds are on us staying up 

Id much rather be in our position than Rotherham or Wednesday 

I'd rather be in wednesday's position I think, been told they're down but have put together a run to give themselves a chance. On the other hand we have dropped like a stone to the point where safety is now in absolute peril. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd rather be in wednesday's position I think, been told they're down but have put together a run to give themselves a chance. On the other hand we have dropped like a stone to the point where safety is now in absolute peril. 

You’d rather be in Wednesday’s position?!

They could beat us 4-0 and still go down. Depending on tomorrow’s result, we might not even need to score a goal to stay up.

No matter how poor we’ve been and how low confidence is, we definitely hold an advantage over Sheff Wed, and possibly over Rotherham too.

31 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Wednesday could be related tomorrow 

Even if Rotherham lose their game in hand, we would still find ourselves in the situation of needing someone to get something off Sheff Wednesday to be sure. Unfortunately we have run out of teams who might do that for us and as we have seen time and time again recently, we seem incapable of helping ourselves.

Rotherham haven't had a great run recently but they are still scrapping and got a late point at the weekend by digging in. A disinterested Luton are definitely beatable for a team that is prepared to fight like their divisional status depends on it. I can definitely see them getting something here. If they win it we're screwed.

I'm not bothered what the bookies think. I have watched us sleepwalk into an unnecessary relegation without so much as a whimper and now when it really counts we can't even just rely on other results.

46 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I also worry about Barry Bannan, he has controlled so many games against us since he actually played here.

Absolutely, he’s a v good footballer 

I just hope there’s a game plan to close out his space 

Edit: game plan lol the very notion we have one lol 

Edited by NottsRam77

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Absolutely, he’s a v good footballer 

I just hope there’s a game plan to close out his space 

I laughed at your quote sorry not at you but at the ludicrousness of the sentiment - why would we suddenly start formulating the semblance of some coherent game plan now?