We won’t go down

Curtains

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So when Bielik was playing we were badly coached then !

Admire your loyalty @Curtains but that's as daft a false equivalence as I've seen in a long time. How about we flip it backwards, which is very simple and say that given we can't win without Bielik, it clearly proves it was Bielik and not the coaching winning games during that period. Hate to say it, but I think my supposition makes a deal more sense than your does or do you suppose that Rooney is only a good manager when Bielik plays? Really, what seems most likely?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Just now, Coconut said:

Not really the point. He hasn't set them up well to compensate for his loss.

Why hasn't Shinnie been coached to provide an effective shield for the defence and played within his limits?  If he was coached to play the game like Eustace did for us we be better off, instead we've often used him as the only player breaking forward from midfield,  meaning he's often out of position when defending the edge of our box 

Shinnie is supposed to do that isn’t he ! 

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Admire your loyalty @Curtains but that's as daft a false equivalence as I've seen in a long time. How about we flip it backwards, which is very simple and say that given we can't win without Bielik, it clearly proves it was Bielik and not the coaching winning games during that period. Hate to say it, but I think my supposition makes a deal more sense than your does or do you suppose that Rooney is only a good manager when Bielik plays?

We will see if we can win again at 1230 on Saturday 

Just now, Curtains said:

Did they set the team up right !

Has Mac had any influence ! 

Did we sack Cocu too soon !

No. We were losing under them, and if since they still have influence a huge amount of this season can be blame apportioned to them.

I don't know, I'd wager Mac hasn't had influence but it's hard to know.

No. Cocu seemed to have lost it, we should have appointed someone full time as soon as we sacked Cocu though. 

Just now, Andicis said:

No. We were losing under them, and if since they still have influence a huge amount of this season can be blame apportioned to them.

I don't know, I'd wager Mac hasn't had influence but it's hard to know.

No. Cocu seemed to have lost it, we should have appointed someone full time as soon as we sacked Cocu though. 

People are saying Rooney turned things around and Mac was helping weren’t they !

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wish I had your optimism.

Ive thought for about a month now that we are gone.

For me, we need to keep a clean sheet against Wednesday to stay up. Don't see it happening. 

That big lump Paterson will have a field day in our box.

I agree Paterson is big and awkward + he always scores against us.

The saddest thing to me is if Wednesday hadn’t had the 6 points deducted we would have been dead and buried a couple of weeks ☹️ 

Just now, Remy the hare said:

I agree Paterson is big and awkward + he always scores against us.

The saddest thing to me is if Wednesday hadn’t had the 6 points deducted we would have been dead and buried a couple of weeks ☹️ 

No we wouldn’t .

If we win Saturday we finish 6 points above them 

Just now, Curtains said:

People are saying Rooney turned things around and Mac was helping weren’t they !

People may have said that. People believed Barry the ram had inside knowledge. Just because people said it, doesn't make it true. I don't really understand the point you're trying to make? 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well that’s down to him .

Is it? Our tactics and team selections often seem to result in him having to move too far forward, even though we have other players more suited to that role.

Players like Sibley, who's stuck on the wing 95% of the time.

Edited by Coconut

Just now, Andicis said:

People may have said that. People believed Barry the ram had inside knowledge. Just because people said it, doesn't make it true. I don't really understand the point you're trying to make? 

The point I’m making is it’s not all Rooney’s fault .

What about Rosenior and Walker and Given and McClaren 

Just now, Curtains said:

The point I’m making is it’s not all Rooney’s fault .

What about Rosenior and Walker and Given and McClaren 

McClaren according to some media outlets is having no say on coaching or set up. Since that's the only information we have I'm choosing to believe it, as such, why blame McClaren? I already said in my last post Rosenior, Walker and Given are all culpable. I think they should all go. But the point is, if you're the man at the top, you take the fall when things go wrong. Rooney knows this. 

Just now, Coconut said:

Is it? Or tactics and team selections  often seem to result in him having to move too far forward, even though we have b other players more suited to that role.

I mean people moan about Sibley not playing .

Why is he not playing is that Rooney or the player not doing enough .

What about Bird and Buchanan and Knight are they doing enough .

What about CKR is he doing enough .

Just now, Andicis said:

McClaren according to some media outlets is having no say on coaching or set up. Since that's the only information we have I'm choosing to believe it, as such, why blame McClaren? I already said in my last post Rosenior, Walker and Given are all culpable. I think they should all go. But the point is, if you're the man at the top, you take the fall when things go wrong. Rooney knows this. 

I refuse to believe McClaren has no input .

Injuries have not helped either in key positions 

Just now, Curtains said:

I refuse to believe McClaren has no input .

Injuries have not helped either in key positions 

Then that is your bias. You have no information to support your position, you just want to blame McClaren. 

Every other team in the league has injuries. Boohoo. 

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Is it? Our tactics and team selections often seem to result in him having to move too far forward, even though we have other players more suited to that role.

Players like Sibley, who's stuck on the wing 95% of the time.

So you think Rooney doesn’t talk to anyone then .

You think he’s so pigheaded he doesn’t listen to his coaches or McClaren .

There is more to this than we think 

What about players wages not being paid for a while and the takeover talk .

What about injuries 

Lets just hope we win Saturday and either way move on 

Just now, Curtains said:

I mean people moan about Sibley not playing .

Why is he not playing is that Rooney or the player not doing enough .

What about Bird and Buchanan and Knight are they doing enough .

What about CKR is he doing enough .

CKR is doing well when you consider he needs an injection just to play. We tend to just lump it up to him though for a physical battle (even though his injury means he loses a lot) instead of using the (pretty good!) skill he has with his feet, we're making it hard for him to perform.

Sibley "not doing enough" seems.to be based on his performances on the wing. The ONE time we used him correctly (Brentford) he scored a goal to get us a point! I'm.not moaning about him not playing, I'm moaning about the use of him when he does.

We've tossed the captaincy around so often this season that it's more meaningless than ever - Rooney gave it to Knight for a short spell because of his work ethic but it clearly weighed down on his shoulders - that itself could have contributed to Knight's poor form. Again though, he's been played out of his natural position more times than not. 

Buchanan has been OK. Bird doesn't really have a natural or consistent place in Rooney's tactics.