We won’t go down

Curtains

8 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Derby will probably go down. Would love to be proven wrong but Derby is the worst team on form in this league and lowest or second lowest scorers in the country?stats like that don’t keep you up. 

What about another stat; Seven teams have conceded more goals than us in the Championship and three of them sit below us in the table

14 minutes ago, Yani P said:

What I still can't get my head around is the fact we won 4 from 6 when Bielik was injured so that is basically the players he has had available all the time (obviously we have had a bad run of injuries more recently as well).

Well setting aside Bielik, they found style #1 that actually seemed to work, but have been pointlessly searching for styles, 2, 3, 4 5 etc ever since. In doing so, they've completely trashed the fragile confidence built during the recovery. Now they don't know what they should try next and they've lost the players as well after blaming them for every setback rather than assuming responsibility themselves. Seems Wazza learned sweet FA from Fergy after all.

55 minutes ago, MickD said:

Not if they lose on Saturday and we win

What I mean is if Rotherham win tomorrow the Owls almost certainly can’t catch them on goal difference even if they beat us .

It would mean in that scenario Derby, Wycombe and the Owls down 

So really a win against us wouldn’t help the Owls 

Edited by Curtains

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

What about another stat; Seven teams have conceded more goals than us in the Championship and three of them sit below us in the table

Great but goals win you games. No goal, no win. I would rather have a team scoring goals. It even counts more if it goes head to head on goal difference. Derby are lucky to still be in this. Wednesday with minus points. 

Just now, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Great but goals win you games. No goal, no win. I would rather have a team scoring goals. It even counts more if it goes head to head on goal difference. Derby are lucky to still be in this. Wednesday with minus points. 

Our main problem recently has been defending and conceding goals not so much scoring them. Had we defended better we would have got more points in our last 4 games.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Our main problem recently has been defending and conceding goals not so much scoring them. Had we defended better we would have got more points in our last 4 games.

True, although we still barely score. Players switch off at wrong times and its going to cost us staying in this league

13 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

You are missing my point. If a team leak more goals, they are less likely to win. Hence my point, that the 3 teams currently below us have all conceded more. If Derby win on Saturday, their record will be W 12; D 10; L 24, Wednesday's will be exactly the same. Even if we only win by one goal, our goal diff would be -21 and Wednesday's would be -22, so their 6 point reduction would not make a difference. It's a league where every team plays 46 games, so if we finish in the bottom 3 we probably deserve to go down, put if we finish 4th from bottom (like barnsley did last season), we fight again in the Championship and see where it takes us.