Relegation watch

Spanish

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

We won’t get relegated tonight and nobody knows yet how this week will pan out.  Cov to win tonight and lose at the weekend would be best

Unless something weird happens, we aren't going to get many more points this season. My preference here is based on Coventry staying below us for the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, nottingram said:

Genuinely don’t really mind if we do go down, and that’s not even in a trying to convince myself it’s fine way.

We would have next to no baggage in the squad so would be an excellent opportunity to regroup with a young core and hopefully come back with momentum behind us. Of course, it could go wrong if we went down, but equally we could stay up this season, not invest and go down next season.

No one really knows so in my eyes, there really is no point worrying. Ultimately, it won’t be my job to fund the difference in income.

Leicester, Leeds, Sheffield United and did it happen to Wolves(?) all got relegated, bounced back up and now plying their trade in the premier league. 

I do sometimes suspect we’ll just keep bobbing around in the championship never quite good enough for promotion, never quite bad enough for relegation, like the new Ipswich, until eventually the inevitable happens and we do get relegated. It’s quite difficult to kick start a club that’s been in a holding pattern for so long.

what will be will be, and if we do go down, I’m still going to look at the positives. We might be the next Leicester, you never know. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Unless something weird happens, we aren't going to get many more points this season. My preference here is based on Coventry staying below us for the rest of the season.

I get that, I still hope the number of games that rovrum have to play will overload them.  No guarantee on how this work out

Is it wrong if me to hope Rotherham win against Brum and Coventry? As long as they then go on to loose all their other, more difficult games, it’s not a bad thing if they take points off the teams around us. It’ll look bad in the short term, but I’m confident we’ll get the points we need, and I’m fairly confident that if Rotherham beat Coventry and Brum, then it’s probably the last 6pts they’ll get. 

12 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Leicester, Leeds, Sheffield United and did it happen to Wolves(?) all got relegated, bounced back up and now plying their trade in the premier league. 

I do sometimes suspect we’ll just keep bobbing around in the championship never quite good enough for promotion, never quite bad enough for relegation, like the new Ipswich, until eventually the inevitable happens and we do get relegated. It’s quite difficult to kick start a club that’s been in a holding pattern for so long.

what will be will be, and if we do go down, I’m still going to look at the positives. We might be the next Leicester, you never know. 

Or the next Ipswich, Sunderland or Portsmouth?

12 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Or the next Bolton..