Relegation watch

Spanish

54 minutes ago, Sinistra ram rousse said:

With Bielik out and Rooney tinkering and players eg Knight not playing in their best position we are going to have to buck our ideas up if we are to escape relegation.

We look so poor without Bielik. ?

Just now, Ramley Apple said:

Not out of the woods with that result

My gut feeling is that there will be 3 worse teams but it is going to be tight. Back to wondering where our next goal is coming from. Never really looked like scoring today...

We will be relegated next season unless the squad gets some proper investment.

Rooney has very little to work with and forfeiting the Cardiff game in favour of a result today has backfired. I don’t blame him, more experienced Derby managers have fallen into that trap.

We have a difficult road ahead and are we really looking to Lawrence to inject a bit of quality in forward areas? 

For me the Welshman’s return can’t come soon enough.

40 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Mel’s obsession with upping the percentage of Academy players in the first team squad is fundamentally flawed and could see us getting relegated. Many of these players aren’t good enough yet and forcing them to play in a losing team is not gonna help them or us long term.

I said this when the whole regime started under Cocu but nobody wanted to listen. We've got rid of too much experience and replaced them with academy players. The squad is so thin and fundamentally not good enough. Stay in the division and then a huge summer ahead. We need to get half a team in but I don't know how we will do it.

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

Florist lost and all our rivals have more difficult games today on paper than us. Big one today if we can win it.

They did lose them except for Coventry. So good day for Coventry who deserved to win.

24 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We will be relegated next season unless the squad gets some proper investment.

Rooney has very little to work with and forfeiting the Cardiff game in favour of a result today has backfired. I don’t blame him, more experienced Derby managers have fallen into that trap.

We have a difficult road ahead and are we really looking to Lawrence to inject a bit of quality in forward areas? 

For me the Welshman’s return can’t come soon enough.

If we had played out first team against Cardiff and played like we did today. We would have lost the game and been even more tired today.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Luckily, I think we'll escape by the skin of our teeth.

Against my better judgement, I've done a predictor and have us finishing 21st - avoiding relegation by 2 points.

I have us down for only two more wins (Millwall and Luton) and Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham going down.

I’ll take that because (and not wishing to come across as a drama queen) I can’t see where our next win is coming from. I’m not seeing any evidence we’re going into a game thinking we can win it. 

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Luckily, I think we'll escape by the skin of our teeth.

Against my better judgement, I've done a predictor and have us finishing 21st - avoiding relegation by 2 points.

I have us down for only two more wins (Millwall and Luton) and Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham going down.

I think we need to beat Brum, Wednesday and Luton at home, then we should be ok...easier said than done though....

We have gone back to playing negative tactics, need to go back to what put us on the good winning run, that is go long. Yes it isnt pretty but im fed up of watching Wisdom & Clarke pass it between them to then pass to Byrne or Buchanan on their weak foot so have to pass it back to a cb to eventually lose it or kick it out of play. Go long to CKR and feed off his scraps, not pretty but it got us wins.

If we are 6pts off relegation come the international break il be relatively happy. That leaves 8 games which include Luton Bham Sheff W at home. Hopefully Lawrence n Ibe are back fit by then too.

Edited by DCFC1388

4 hours ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

Keep losing to teams in and around the bottom 6 is making things a bit squeaky.

That said, I wouldn't bet against us going to Barnsley and winning, or beating Brentford at home. Or doing Swansea at their place.

It's that sort of season.

I wouldn't bet against us being stuffed by Barnsley, whupped by Brentford and arseholed at Swansea!!