Relegation watch

Spanish

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

A draw would’ve been amazing for us. Sounds like a Rotherham wonder goal has put Wednesday in the mud but slightly dragged us back in it. 

3 points on Saturday please.

Wayne team from last night looks an even better decision now, it does.

Wednesday fan I work with said if they lose tonight they’re down, I agree, they are. One place from 3 to avoid now

31 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

A draw would’ve been amazing for us. Sounds like a Rotherham wonder goal has put Wednesday in the mud but slightly dragged us back in it. 

3 points on Saturday please.

Rovrum got Luton and Coventry next. Would you write off Rovrum. 

We have the advantage this next set of fixtures. All our rivals have tougher games than us on paper. Rock hard league.

17 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rovrum got Luton and Coventry next. Would you write off Rovrum. 

We have the advantage this next set of fixtures. All our rivals have tougher games than us on paper. Rock hard league.

I’m happy for them to win their games in hand. Get them closer to forest. We’ll be long hike by then. Keep the dream alive. 

Wycombe look doomed. Wednesday maybe but they could have a run, then could be 2 from several. Looking at the fixtures, 13, 6 home, 7 away, Barnsley, Brentford, Reading, Norwich, Swansea look difficult. The last 2 home games, Birmingham and Wednesday could prove vital. We should escape, but it could be tight.

41 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No we don’t want them to win their games in hand thanks ?

We’ll be fine. But with forest’s upcoming run of games, they could easily get dragged back into it. Save that last spot for them. 

I can pretty much guarantee you that Rotherham won’t be above us at any point for the rest of the season. 

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

We’ll be fine. But with forest’s upcoming run of games, they could easily get dragged back into it. Save that last spot for them. 

I can pretty much guarantee you that Rotherham won’t be above us at any point for the rest of the season. 

Let’s worry about ourselves first.

I've got nothing against Wednesday, but if they end up going down I'd rather they get cut well adrift so their points deduction becomes irrelevant. If they're more than six points from safety by the end of the season they'll have gone down because they deserve to. Relegations should be decided on the pitch, not via a points deduction. 

4 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I've got nothing against Wednesday, but if they end up going down I'd rather they get cut well adrift so their points deduction becomes irrelevant. If they're more than six points from safety by the end of the season they'll have gone down because they deserve to. Relegations should be decided on the pitch, not via a points deduction. 

Are we totally safe from a points deduction ?

12 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Are we totally safe from a points deduction ?

No-one seems to know. The general feeling from what I've read is that it's more likely to be either a fine or a slap on the wrist, rather than a points deduction, but since this is Derby, and the vindictive EFL, anything could happen. They need to get their skates on though; doesn't a punishment need to be handed down by late March for it to apply this season? ?

I think it would be naive to think relegation is done and dusted for two teams at least. Wycombe I think will struggle to get out of it but Sheffield Wednesday with a new manager could easily get a run together. If Derby play every match like the last one, I am convinced we will be relegated before the last match of the season...I am expecting better showings though so think we will be ok! Huddersfield, Coventry and Derby do not have enough points on the board. Even teams up to Blackburn who are on a terrible run. Rotherham have a couple of matches in hand on some teams too. 

1 hour ago, Olton Ram said:

i don't think it is just the 6 points, it is the affect of starting the championship marathon 6 clicks behind the rest of the field.  The effort to recover those points takes its toll over a season