Relegation watch

Spanish

3 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

FACT:- We are in the bottom three and on track for relegation!

FACT:- If we finish the season where we are now we will be playing league one football next season!

FACT:- There is no such thing as being too good to be relegated.

BTW:- I still reckon we'll finish the season in the top twenty, probably about 14th!

Is that FACT:-? 

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

FACT:- We are in the bottom three and on track for relegation!

FACT:- If we finish the season where we are now we will be playing league one football next season!

FACT:- There is no such thing as being too good to be relegated.

BTW:- I still reckon we'll finish the season in the top twenty, probably about 14th!

FACT - the season isn’t 27 games long 

18 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The facts are irrefutable and must be faced.

None of them are likely after 46 games 

We are, however, in the bottom three as of 9th February and that is fact.

I am sure I haven't misread the league table...have I?

9 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

The facts are irrefutable and must be faced.

None of them are likely after 46 games 

We are, however, in the bottom three as of 9th February and that is fact.

I am sure I haven't misread the league table...have I?

Fact: if the season was ended today, we’d be above Sheffield Wednesday on points per game. We’re in the bottom 3 but we’ve got a game in hand. So you can’t say fir sure we’d be relegated until the games are evened up. If we win, we’re ahead of Coventry and wendies. We might not win, but you can’t say that for a fact, so we wouldn’t be relegated based on our position tonight. 

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Fact: if the season was ended today, we’d be above Sheffield Wednesday on points per game. We’re in the bottom 3 but we’ve got a game in hand. So you can’t say fir sure we’d be relegated until the games are evened up. If we win, we’re ahead of Coventry and wendies. We might not win, but you can’t say that for a fact, so we wouldn’t be relegated based on our position tonight. 

If the season finished now the likelyhood is that Wednesdays points deduction would also be reviewed to bring it in lone with the number of games that have been played.

Either way u look at it we’re behind / level with a team who have had a 6 point deduction ... it ain’t good is it 

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

If the season finished now the likelyhood is that Wednesdays points deduction would also be reviewed to bring it in lone with the number of games that have been played.

Either way u look at it we’re behind / level with a team who have had a 6 point deduction ... it ain’t good is it 

No, I've already made the same point a number of times previously, to be behind a team who started the season with 6 points fewer than us is absolutely scandalous and the blame needs to lie squarely with Morris for not bulleting Cocu earlier but also handing him a totally imbalanced and inadequate squad of players which he then contrived to mismanage. 

You can slice it anyway you like but we should never be in this position, I don't blame Cocu anymore as he was allowed to drag the team down to the position we are still struggling to recover from.

17 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Since Rooney took over. We are on track for staying up on a point per game basis.

Instead of looking at how many points we may get or need compared to previous seasons I prefer to look at how many we need to get above teams around us to stay up.

Surely we can/will get more than the teams around us with 19 games to go based off our form since Rooney took over especially when we have majority of these teams to play - 

1 point more than Birmingham with 1 game extra (Yes)

1 point more than Sheff W with 1 game extra (Yes)

2 points more than Rotherham (Yes)

4 points more than Coventry with 1 game extra (Yes)

5 points more than Forest with 1 game extra (Possible)

6 points more than Huddersfield with 1 game extra (Possible)

6 points more than QPR (Possible)

7 points more than Luton (Possible)

8 points more than Millwall with 1 game extra (Unlikely)

9 points more than Barnsley (Unlikely)

9 points more than Preston with 1 game extra (Unlikely)

So I think there are at least 4 teams (for the final 2 spots) we will get more points than over these final 18/19 games.

Edited by DCFC1388

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Surely we can/will get more than the teams around us with 19 games to go based off our form since Rooney took over especially when we have majority of these teams to play

The assumption you've made is that we will continue our same vein of form from now until the end of the season.

I'm not sure how valid an assumption that is to base your hypothesis on. 

The second part of your post also conflicts with reality, we will have to start doing something radically different when playing the teams around us as history dictates that we have only beaten Birmingham so far regards the teams in the bottom 7 places. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The assumption you've made is that we will continue our same vein of form from now until the end of the season.

The second part of your post also conflicts with reality, we will have to start doing something radically different when playing the teams around us as history dictates that we have only beaten Birmingham so far regards the teams in the bottom 7 places. 

Ive not assumed we will continue the same form, I just believe in the remaining games we can get 1-4 points more than the teams around us.

Also, of the 4 teams I think we will get more points than we have 3 of them to play -

Birmingham - we beat away comfortably

Sheff W - unfortunate to lose, we were the better team

Coventry - drew, should have won and hit the bar just before their equaliser

With Birmingham & Sheff W we need to match their results & draw the extra game to stay up, more than possible

Edited by DCFC1388

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

To be fair, we only need to beat Birmingham to stay 4th from bottom. We only need to beat the rest if we want to climb further up the table (assuming our game in hand would be enough to get us above wendies). 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Ive not assumed we will continue the same form, I just believe in the remaining games we can get 1-4 points more than the teams around us.

Also, of the 4 teams I think we will get more points than we have 3 of them to play -

Birmingham - we beat

With Birmingham & Sheff W we need to match their results & draw the extra game to stay up, more than possible

I hear what you're saying but could of should of. Part of the reason we are in the mire is that we've only beaten Birmingham in the teams around us.

Nevermind about what we could and should have done in previous games we need to start actually beating the teams around us and start quickly - the drubbing by Rotherham needs to be rapidly erased. 

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Birmingham - we beat away comfortably

Unfortunately, for every game we could have/should have won but didn’t there is probably another that we did win or managed a draw but we were either the poorer team or got a bit lucky. For example, I seem to recall Wycombe hit the woodwork late on didn’t they? (or am I making that up?).

Of course we can survive but it’s going to be tight and is way too early to call. Any of the teams in the fight, including us, could go on a mini purple patch or slump. It may well come down to the last three games which include Birmingham and Wednesday at home.

Wycombe look dead and buried so it looks like it could be a dog fight to avoid the other two places between us, Birmingham, Wednesday, Rotherham and Coventry. 

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was it you who said Rotherham had two games in hand on Derby.  Well they got 1 point and are 1 ahead with no games in hand and also a very difficult next 7 games which I have already posted in thei thread.