Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

? Malone instead of who? Etc. Bennett understandably not wanted and this must be the longest time he's stayed fit. ?

On current form I think Malone would be a better bet than both Forsyth and Buchanan. The point was not about the genius of these very average footballers but how far we have fallen. 

Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

On current form I think Malone would be a better bet than both Forsyth and Buchanan. The point was not about the genius of these very average footballers but how far we have fallen. 

We have fallen very far. But Malone would not (even under Lampard) raise us up!

Watching Norwich being lauded reminds me of Mac1 - we have fallen a long way.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Another Cardiff? Give up before we start? I wouldn't put it past him.

Might turn out to be another Cardiff result, but have we actually got enough fit players for Rooney to be able to pick and choose this time? 

Reckon the queue into our treatment room is as long as our local Covid-19 vaccination centre.... ?

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

You're all running scared of Norwich. I'm not for one very simple reason.....I have my head buried in the sand.

I say let's take them on with our best available team.

Assuming Clarke, Byrne, Waggy, Gregory, Stretton are unfit and that Knight needs a rest.

Let's go 4-4-2

Roos 

MacDonald Wisdom Forsyth Buchanan 

Roberts   Sibley   Shinnie. Jozwiak

Lawrence Kazim-Richards 

Ok, I'm forgetting how bad Forsyth is in central defence but I'm not yet convinced by Mengi.

Bird can keep possession but needs to do more with it.

That is an insane side and not in a good way.  

28 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Might turn out to be another Cardiff result, but have we actually got enough fit players for Rooney to be able to pick and choose this time? 

Reckon the queue into our treatment room is as long as our local Covid-19 vaccination centre.... ?

We could put out the FA cup team. We don't need the points or anything.

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You're probably right, of course, but I look forward to seeing your selection from the players that we'll have available.

Marshall

Mengi          Wisdom        Forsyth

McDonald/Byrne             Shinnie            Bird              Buchanan

Knight

Lawrence               Jozwiak

Roos   McDonald/Ebosele   Bateman   A.Brown   Baningime  Watson   Roberts   Sibley   CKR

Alamo defence, try and catch them on the break. All goes tits up if they score early, but it's our only hope. Not starting CKR may seem controversial but we need him for other games. I would ask for 60 -70 minutes of hard work from the wing backs and front 3 with the plan of subbing most/all of them.  

9 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

You make it sound like it should have been a thrashing- we could have easily scored more. I would never take a defeat. We need a point at least.

On actual chances created (not shots from 20 yards out) it could have been second half. 

Archived