Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely it's time for one of our occasional "where the hell has that performance been all season" moments?

Norwich will be thinking they can roll up and stroll past us. We've injuries. We're very little threat.

So, time for Lawrence, Sibley and someone else to all have a good day at the same time and everyone else work their nuts off and we have our day.

Go on.

Be positive.

Season is nearly over.

12 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Malone, Evans and Bennett I think, from what I have just been reading from a Millwall fan. All 3 were bang average at best and needed to be moved on. Sadly, all 3 would now walk into our current team. Sign of the times, as the Belle Stars would have said. 

Bought that single, great track.......they didn't do a lot else from what I remember.....

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Surely it's time for one of our occasional "where the hell has that performance been all season" moments?

Norwich will be thinking they can roll up and stroll past us. We've injuries. We're very little threat.

So, time for Lawrence, Sibley and someone else to all have a good day at the same time and everyone else work their nuts off and we have our day.

Go on.

Be positive.

Season is nearly over.

We already have...Norwich away....

12 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Malone, Evans and Bennett I think, from what I have just been reading from a Millwall fan. All 3 were bang average at best and needed to be moved on. Sadly, all 3 would now walk into our current team.

No they wouldn't. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No they wouldn't. 

I disagree. Evans would be a far safer bet at the back than Mengi, who doesn’t look ready to me. As much as I like Forsyth, he is struggling a little, as is Buchanan-Malone is in better form than the pair of them. Bennett, although an inferior footballer, would cause more problems than Jowziak and Waghorn out wide, who let’s face it haven’t exactly contributed in terms of assists and goals - both Malone and Bennett have scored more than both of them combined, and probably Lawrence added in to that too. 

I thought all three were poor, bang average at best, but all three would sadly improve us right now. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I disagree. Evans would be a far safer bet at the back than Mengi, who doesn’t look ready to me. As much as I like Forsyth, he is struggling a little, as is Buchanan-Malone is in better form than the pair of them. Bennett, although an inferior footballer, would cause more problems than Jowziak and Waghorn out wide, who let’s face it haven’t exactly contributed in terms of assists and goals - both Malone and Bennett have scored more than both of them combined, and probably Lawrence added in to that too. 

I thought all three were poor, bang average at best, but all three would sadly improve us right now. 

Sadly I agree with you.....

16 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

We now play a team with over twice our points tally with six games left.

They are fresh from a 7-0 win against one of our rivals.

They intend to win the league with a three figure ponts total.

We are riding the crest of a slump.

Easy win for the Rams then!

I cannot see us getting anything from this game.

So I I would put out a squad of kids and reserves. Two reasons - 

1. Insulate the first team's confidence

2. Norwich will have poor intel on this squad, and you never know. 

13 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

We now play a team with over twice our points tally with six games left.

They are fresh from a 7-0 win against one of our rivals.

They intend to win the league with a three figure ponts total.

We are riding the crest of a slump.

Easy win for the Rams then!

My thoughts too ?

I hoped we'd get something at Reading. We didn't. I'm expecting a sizable loss against Norwich. I'd love to be wrong of course.  But with all our injuries I struggle to see anything positive happening. It's the games against Blackburn, PNE, Brum and of course Wednesday that we need something.  Swansea I see as a free hit, a draw would be good. I think we'll scrape by but it's very squeaky bum time. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Swap knight for Sibley and we might get something special in that position again.

You mean... start on the front foot, surprise the opposition, maybe even score a couple of goals and then make changes to shore us up and try to hit them on the counter?

Are you insane?

Much better to try to keep it safe from the off, inevitably fail to do so, gift the opposition a goal or two and then attempt to claw ourselves back into it in the final 20 minutes like we've done so successfully throughout the season.

No such thing as a free hit ffs.. We need to try and get every point we can get,  may come down to a point in the end. Wouldn't play a weakened side or else we'd be looking at a 10- 0 loss or something worse than 7 and the loss of confidence that comes with it. 

Probably best to go pretty much unchanged apart from Bird out Jozwiak in. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Depressing isn’t it.

Yes but not true, because Buchanan/Fozzy are better than Malone. Evans wouldn't get a game and never showed any consistency at centre-half. Bennett is a possible but I'm amazed he's still fit - plus I'm happier with Gregory (ignoring the fact he's not fit either!).

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes but not true, because Buchanan/Fozzy are better than Malone. Evans wouldn't get a game and never showed any consistency at centre-half. Bennett is a possible but I'm amazed he's still fit - plus I'm happier with Gregory (ignoring the fact he's not fit either!).

I think Malone is a better wing back, done really well for Millwall, got good reviews and scored some goals. Bennett would be a decent option either out wide or as a striker and is on a par with what we have. Not sure currently if Evans is any worse than some other current options at the back. Having this conversation just shows what a poor squad we have....

Archived