Home v Norwich Matchday Thread

sage

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes but not true, because Buchanan/Fozzy are better than Malone. Evans wouldn't get a game and never showed any consistency at centre-half. Bennett is a possible but I'm amazed he's still fit - plus I'm happier with Gregory (ignoring the fact he's not fit either!).

I think you are ignoring the point. Would they get in our team and improve it - now. Gregory is injured so is a moot point. Evans is a better bet than Mengi. He might not be in 5 years time but I haven’t seen anything from Mengi to suggest he would be a better option right now. I think both of our left backs at better than Malone but they aren’t at the moment. Buchanan is understandably going through a tough period, inevitable in his first season, and Forsyth is increasingly struggling for pace. On current form Malone would get in I think. 
I think we agree that all 3 aren’t very good but with current form and injuries I think all 3 would make the team on Saturday and improve us.

For the record I would prefer Buckley, Micklewhite and Hindmarch but sadly those days are gone! 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Byrne   Edmondson   Clarke    Buchanan

Baningime   Shinnie

Jozwiak          Knight        Lawrence

Kazim

(Marshall, McDonald, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Watson, Roberts, Stretton/Cresswell)

*assuming Waghorn and Gregory are out injured and that Byrne and Clarke are fit

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Malone is a better wing back, done really well for Millwall, got good reviews and scored some goals. Bennett would be a decent option either out wide or as a striker and is on a par with what we have. Not sure currently if Evans is any worse than some other current options at the back. Having this conversation just shows what a poor squad we have....

Undoubtedly we have a poor squad, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy we have shifted on some 'average' players, on no doubt silly wages as they were signed/resigned under Lampard.

12 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I think we agree that all 3 aren’t very good but with current form and injuries I think all 3 would make the team on Saturday and improve us.

We'll agree to disagree. I think they are no better than what we have.

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Baningime   Shinnie

Kazim

(Marshall, McDonald, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Watson, Roberts, Stretton/Cresswell)

Edmondson and Clarke are out for 'weeks'. No word on Byrne yet but I'd guess he's unlikely to make it.

Potentially looking at this given all the injuries and Byrne potentially missing out due to concussion!

Marshall
McDonald   Wisdom   Mengi   Forsyth
Jozwiak   Knight   Bird   Shinnie   Lawrence
Kazim

Subs: Roos, JBrown, Bateman, Forsyth, Sibley, Watson, Roberts, Wilson, Cresswell

With us being up agaisnt Norwich and an inexperienced and weakened defence, Rooney will stick with Marshall and Forsyth and also go with a more solid 5 man midfield.

4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Baningime   Shinnie

Kazim

Edmondson and Clarke out for about 2 weeks

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Undoubtedly we have a poor squad, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy we have shifted on some 'average' players, on no doubt silly wages as they were signed/resigned under Lampard.

Shifted some average ones on and replaced them with more average...the squad is devoid of any real quality bar Bielik...

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Edmondson and Clarke out for about 2 weeks

It's a nightmare. Edmundson hernia. Clarke groin. Gregory hamstring. Waghorn hamstring. Byrne concussion. Stretton ankle. Ibe hamstring. Kazim just about recovering. Plus obviously Davis and Bielik. 

40 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Baningime   Shinnie

Kazim

Clarke aint going to be fit, nor is Edmundson I think. Do you think Knight is better just behind Kazim than Sibley would be?

54 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Edmondson and Clarke are out for 'weeks'. No word on Byrne yet but I'd guess he's unlikely to make it.

Must be going mad but wasnt Clarke on training video posted yesterday of them running? Must have been old post. Cant find now

Roos

Byrne   Wisdom   Mengi   Buchanan

Sibley   Shinnie

Jozwiak       Lawrence     Roberts 

Creswell 

Let's put some pressure on them. 

If we try to defend without the ball they'll take us apart. We need to play the ball to feet which is what we're best at. 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Boooo! @sageout!

He was our worst player v Reading and our worst player (after the first 20 mins v Luton). Parts of his game are very good, but elements are awful. He has a lot to learn and needs to start doing it now. 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

He was our worst player v Reading and our worst player (after the first 20 mins v Luton). Parts of his game are very good, but elements are awful. He has a lot to learn and needs to start doing it now. 

Well he needs to adapt to be played out of position so I agree with your opinion.

Archived