The thing that depresses me most

vonwright

40 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It is possible. 

Play Gregory, Lawrence, Roberts up front. 

Make room for Watson and Sibley . Stop playing five at the back. 

Play Shinnie or Knight, not both. 

Don't play Bird. 

But we looked awful playing 4 at the back in the first half against Brentford. Play 1 holding midfielder and play the creative and attacking players we have. Have a mindset at the start of games of trying to win them rather than prioritising a 0-0 draw....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Despite only being involved in 13 of our games this season, Bielik gets my vote for POTS. A mark of how much of a difference he made... and how poor the rest of them have been in his absence.

I agree ?Byrne and Clarke have done well from the rest...

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

They've struggled all season mate, just like the rest of the team. We're a poor side

Knight started the season in pretty good form but has dipped badly since the managerial change.

For Sibley and Bird I’d agree although I feel both struggled because the midfield was so disfunctional at the start of the season as we had to play a clearly out of form Rooney. Those two have never really recovered from that.

What depresses me is there was a 2017 rerun on sky football of us smashing hull 5-0 the other day.

Other then maybe byrne for baird not one of the players from this team today gets in that team. A prime carson. A younger davies and fozzy, keogh, vydra lawrence, johnson and huddlestone

As much as johnson used to get slagged off he's better than anyone we have at the moment.

I'm really finding it hard to care any more. Although I get a lift when we win (or come back to draw from 2 goals down against Brentford), I seem to be immune from defeats any more. I've got far more depressing crap which occupies my time.

That we have nothing in the short term to look forward to.

After the second half of Brentford the mood was great for a few days because the majority of us thought that this would be the kick on point. Even after hearing the team news we thought yeah maybe. After 10/15 mins of today's match we all knew in our hearts that the second half v Brentford was a blip. 

We are so starved of something to shout about that we latch on to the small glimmer of hope that comes in various disguises. Part and parcel of being a Derby fan but when it is spoken aloud it makes us look foolish. 

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

We could be at the games. Would that make it better or worse?

Might spur the players on a bit?

When things have fallen as flat as they have and you're out there in an empty stadium with no atmosphere, well I can't imagine it helps.

What you see / hear when watching on Rams TV is how quiet our players can be, it wasn't just our play that livened up in the second half against Brentford. Today we were quiet all game again.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Knight started the season in pretty good form but has dipped badly since the managerial change.

I disagree. He was fine up until about 10 games ago where we started to play badly as a team and lose games. Remember the goals at Millwall and Birmingham?

I think the most depressing thing about this season is that I fear with everything going off both off the field and on it we are about to squander the most promising generation to come through the academy in a long long time and ruin all the good work that's gone into it.

42 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

What depresses me is there was a 2017 rerun on sky football of us smashing hull 5-0 the other day.

Other then maybe byrne for baird not one of the players from this team today gets in that team. A prime carson. A younger davies and fozzy, keogh, vydra lawrence, johnson and huddlestone

As much as johnson used to get slagged off he's better than anyone we have at the moment.

The thing that depresses me about that is I said after the 5-0 win it just papered over the cracks.

3 hours ago, vonwright said:

...is that I no longer have any idea what might make things better. Usually as a fan you can at least say 'Well if he played this formation/player/tactic/blah then we'd be doing much better'. Of course it's probably complete nonsense, but it's at least a sign that you believe there's something there, some players who might make a difference. With this current lot I have no idea. Five at the back, Sibley, whatever. None of it seems to make any difference at all.

It could be worse, imagine being there...

I’ve finally seen some good football this season but it’s not Derby it’s Brighton beating Newcastle. I finally remember what pass and move football is like on the deck with pace people wanting the ball scoring goals and wanting the ball. I thought I’d never see it again 

Archived