The thing that depresses me most

vonwright

...is that I no longer have any idea what might make things better. Usually as a fan you can at least say 'Well if he played this formation/player/tactic/blah then we'd be doing much better'. Of course it's probably complete nonsense, but it's at least a sign that you believe there's something there, some players who might make a difference. With this current lot I have no idea. Five at the back, Sibley, whatever. None of it seems to make any difference at all.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we've just got to play more direct like we did at the start under Rooney. In recent weeks we've been trying to play this passing football on the floor and this lot just simply aren't capable of it. It's all in front of the opposition and we're not creating anything. We need to get in behind more, get their defenders turning and scrap for a few results. We did that earlier and it worked. 

2 minutes ago, vonwright said:

...is that I no longer have any idea what might make things better. Usually as a fan you can at least say 'Well if he played this formation/player/tactic/blah then we'd be doing much better'. Of course it's probably complete nonsense, but it's at least a sign that you believe there's something there, some players who might make a difference. With this current lot I have no idea. Five at the back, Sibley, whatever. None of it seems to make any difference at all.

A fit Bielik would help

4 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Are you Wayne  Rooney or Liam R ?

26 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Couldn’t agree more, this is where I am with it all 

C2B8109A-1917-4963-9EB0-F4BD59AA4CF2.jpeg

The last year has shown me that no matter what happens I have missed match days.  Not so much the football, but the beers prior to the game, the banter, the beers after the game, seeing people I haven't seen for ages and in case I didn't mention it the beers at half time. 

Therefore as bad as it is, next season we will be able to do this again, be it in the championship or the first division. So as much as it is depressing now, there is for me, light at the end of the tunnel.

34 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think we've just got to play more direct like we did at the start under Rooney. In recent weeks we've been trying to play this passing football on the floor and this lot just simply aren't capable of it. It's all in front of the opposition and we're not creating anything. We need to get in behind more, get their defenders turning and scrap for a few results. We did that earlier and it worked. 

People moaned about us playing that way but at least we got points on the board

38 minutes ago, vonwright said:

It is possible. 

Play Gregory, Lawrence, Roberts up front. 

Make room for Watson and Sibley . Stop playing five at the back. 

Play Shinnie or Knight, not both. 

Don't play Bird. 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

The thing that depresses me most is we’ve gone from a club and team that was quite admired by other teams fans under Mac 1 to fans (and in some cases, owners) of other clubs enjoying our demise. Not nice that.

Very true sadly.

Ideally, and not meant as a dig at Rooney, we'd go all out for Wilder when he wants to return. His record at Northampton, Oxford and Sheff Utd is incredible.

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Very true sadly.

Ideally, and not meant as a dig at Rooney, we'd go all out for Wilder when he wants to return. His record at Northampton, Oxford and Sheff Utd is incredible.

I don’t think he’d come anywhere near us to be honest, he’s got standards. ?

Probably for manager to not pick a team based on the opposition every game and making 4 or 6 changes. Settled team for the run in and don’t play shinnie and knight in the middle play 1 of them and get some technical brains in the middle of the park 

Archived