The thing that depresses me most

vonwright

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Rooney is on a 2 year deal isn’t he ?

Mutual consent.

Does Rooney really want a relegation on his cv in his first managerial job?

he could get out now with a record of 1.3 pts per game, which with a bit of spin could look ok on paper after Cocu 9pts from 15

Pld 23 w9 d7 lost 9 pts 34. 

but a relegation is a relegation and is a very black mark.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We have never been the same since Bob Malcolm fell asleep in his car on the motorway ?

He’d been training too hard.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Mutual consent.

he could get out now with a record of 1.3 pts per game, which with a bit of spin could look ok on paper after Cocu 9pts from 15

Pld 23 w9 d7 lost 9 pts 34. 

but a relegation is a relegation and is a very black mark.

I think if he left now his tenure wouldn’t be viewed as a success, deserting a sinking ship in effect ?

What depresses me is that all the hard work done by Mcclaren and Clough has been undone by Mel Morris treating our club like a computer game in the Clement summer. The five years under Nigel Clough were so dull but felt  like we were building towards something. We are even further away from promotion now than we were then. Even his team with Dean Moxey up front would beat this lot. The past few games I’ve been getting so angry at the players and snapped at a few people on here straight after the game.  But when you take a step back and look at it, we’re exactly where we should be, we’ve got a team made up of freebies and academy players that have regressed since Cocu brought them into the team. The only player we’ve spent money on who regularly gets in the team is Jozwiak and he’s gone off the boil recently. Anything other than a relegation battle this season would’ve been a miracle. Even if we stay up, next season will be the same unless there is somehow serious investment

2 minutes ago, AGR said:

What depresses me is that all the hard work done by Mcclaren and Clough has been undone by Mel Morris treating our club like a computer game in the Clement summer. The five years under Nigel Clough were so dull but felt  like we were building towards something. We are even further away from promotion now than we were then. Even his team with Dean Moxey up front would beat this lot. The past few games I’ve been getting so angry at the players and snapped at a few people on here straight after the game.  But when you take a step back and look at it, we’re exactly where we should be, we’ve got a team made up of freebies and academy players that have regressed since Cocu brought them into the team. The only player we’ve spent money on who regularly gets in the team is Jozwiak and he’s gone off the boil recently. Anything other than a relegation battle this season would’ve been a miracle. Even if we stay up, next season will be the same unless there is somehow serious investment

Whatever happens this season we need a root-and-branch overhaul of the club from top to bottom during the summer....basically start again.......new owners, management team and playing squad....

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Rooney out.

@Anag Ram in (so long as he changes his Avatar)

I’d get JRM to do the team talks.

He has some interesting ideas on Association Football and would get the Corinthian spirit back up and running in a trice.

He has been working on getting down with the kids.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

He has some interesting ideas on Association Football and would get the Corinthian spirit back up and running in a trice.

You pick the team.

B4 to do the team talks.

We'd walk this league.

35 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Mutual consent.

It's very much looking that way isn't it as I'm running out of excuses now for him to perpetually orchestrate that level of performance from his players.

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Please tell me the avatar is a joke....

16 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Despite only being involved in 13 of our games this season, Bielik gets my vote for POTS. A mark of how much of a difference he made... and how poor the rest of them have been in his absence.

Got to be Matt Clarke for POTS again , dont know how the hell we are going to replace him , he is the defence

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think if he left now his tenure wouldn’t be viewed as a success, deserting a sinking ship in effect ?

I doubt it’d matter, his big name will get him another decent gig somewhere else.

Another championship team or lower Prem team will probably take a punt on him if only for short term commercial reasons!

12 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Here's what depresses me the most...

During Mel's era each managers reign has been about 3 things:

1. Money - Having or not having money to spend, hit or miss signings but at least it's exiting.
  2. Style of play- Playing or not playing entertaining, fun to watch football. Seeing improvement each game.
  3. Success - Finishing or not finishing in he top 6.

Having just one of these 3 things made each season enjoyable

Mac 1     -    Money✔️  Style of Play✔️  Success✔️

Clement -    Money✔️  Style of Play  Success✔️

Pearson -    Money✔️  Style of Play  Success

Mac 2     -   Money  Style of Play✔️  Success

Rowett    -  Money  Style of Play   Success✔️

Lampard -  Money✔️  Style of Play ✔️  Success✔️

Cocu       -  Money  Style of Play   Success

Rooney    - Money  Style of Play  Success 

It's probably because we've been spoilt in recent seasons, but not having one of these things the past 2 managers is what's depressing, and I don't see us having any of these things for the foreseeable future. As well as the fact it's dawning on me that we're at the end of an era which had such potential, and never reached the promised land.

Would say Rowett had money

12 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Here's what depresses me the most...

During Mel's era each managers reign has been about 3 things:

1. Money - Having or not having money to spend, hit or miss signings but at least it's exiting.
  2. Style of play- Playing or not playing entertaining, fun to watch football. Seeing improvement each game.
  3. Success - Finishing or not finishing in he top 6.

Having just one of these 3 things made each season enjoyable

Mac 1     -    Money✔️  Style of Play✔️  Success✔️

Clement -    Money✔️  Style of Play  Success✔️

Pearson -    Money✔️  Style of Play  Success

Mac 2     -   Money  Style of Play✔️  Success

Rowett    -  Money  Style of Play   Success✔️

Lampard -  Money✔️  Style of Play ✔️  Success✔️

Cocu       -  Money  Style of Play   Success

Rooney    - Money  Style of Play  Success 

It's probably because we've been spoilt in recent seasons, but not having one of these things the past 2 managers is what's depressing, and I don't see us having any of these things for the foreseeable future. As well as the fact it's dawning on me that we're at the end of an era which had such potential, and never reached the promised land.

depends also what you class as 'money'. Because some of those managers sold players in order to buy others, eg. Lampard

Cocu spent £10 million on Bielik and didn't make any real sales so i guess probably has one of the worse records on that list

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

depends also what you class as 'money'. Because some of those managers sold players in order to buy others, eg. Lampard

Cocu spent £10 million on Bielik and didn't make any real sales so i guess probably has one of the worse records on that list

If you add transfer dealings as a criteria then Rowett not so good and also didn’t mac  1 inherit Clough jr  team Lampard only got temp loans  were very good, but no long players

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

If you add transfer dealings as a criteria then Rowett not so good and also didn’t mac  1 inherit Clough jr  team Lampard only got temp loans  were very good, but no long players

Yeah i don't think Mac1 spent a lot. 

Lampard did get Marriott, Waghorn, Holmes, Evans, Malone, Jozefzoon, permanent deals

11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

We made a huge wages saving under Cocu though. Squad as small as it has been under Mel. So whilst £10mill on one player seems a lot, that was it that season. 

Who do we actually have, other than the young players who anyone would actually want to buy?

Archived