El DerbyCo

roboto

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Reportedly by John Percy there were numerous offers including a 'dream bid' on the table for the club. Why Mel has chosen this offer it's unknown and could be for one of a variety of factors. Being sceptical about the unknown new owners and their known 'frontman' doesn't mean I have to present you with concrete options for immediate alternative ownership. 

You can't at once say 'trust Mel he'll do the right thing' and then in the next sentence say 'he's desperate to get rid and we're on the brink of ruin' those two arguments are contradictory. You need to pick one and stick with it. 

Ok I’ll put it like this .

Mel has made his choice as a Derby fan and according to Simon Jordan he’s a canny operator.

Are you saying Mel is wrong already 

Edited by Curtains

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You well know Mel wanted to sell and he has his reasons that we should respect as fans .

We have to trust his judgment on this .

The EFL will decide on fit and proper right ! 

We certainly don't have to trust his judgment. Just because we have no say in who he sells to doesn't mean we have to love it.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

We certainly don't have to trust his judgment. Just because we have no say in who he sells to doesn't mean we have to love it.

Ok tell me why you aren’t trusting his judgment on this .

Give me some facts 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Ok I’ll put it like this .

Mel has made his choice as a Derby fan and according to Simon Jorden he’s a canny operator.

Are you saying Mel is wrong already 

and I'll put it like this. Mel is already on his second choice as his first choice ended up not having the capital to buy the club and struggled to even pay their wages for a couple of months which led to the wage delays. John Percy said there was reportedly a few suitors for the club including a dream option (from the US I believe) and Mel has gone for this one. 

According to someone who Simon Jordan knows he's a canny operator despite the fact this guy has never fully ran a football club before and was essentially fired from his previous position at Sheffield Wednesday. He also comes with a whole host of question marks and utterly unknown backers. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

Just now, Curtains said:

Ok tell me why you aren’t trusting his judgment on this .

Give me some facts 

His judgment has been questionable on many occasions.

The number of managers he has hired.

The quality of managers he has hired.

The transfer policy.

The financial state of the club.

Sam Rush.

The fiasco over the previous takeover is evidence enough that people have every right to question what is happening.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

and I'll put it like this. Mel is already on his second choice as his first choice ended up not having the capital to buy the club and struggled to even pay their wages for a couple of months which led to the wage delays. John Percy said there was reportedly a number of suitors for the club including a dream option (from the US I believe). 

Third choice...his first choice was Henry Gabay and look what happened there..

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

and I'll put it like this. Mel is already on his second choice as his first choice ended up not having the capital to buy the club and struggled to even pay their wages for a couple of months which led to the wage delays. John Percy said there was reportedly a number of suitors for the club including a dream option (from the US I believe). 

According to someone who Simon Jordan knows he's a canny operator despite the fact this guy has never fully ran a football club before and was essentially fired from his previous position at Sheffield Wednesday. He also comes with a whole host of question marks and utterly unknown backers. 

You still haven’t told me Mels options.

He wants to sell I why shouldn’t he .

Do you expect Mel to hang on forever .

He has told us he will sell to the right people and I trust him on this .

We are not going to agree on this 

Just now, Curtains said:

You still haven’t told me Mels options.

He wants to sell I why shouldn’t he .

Do you expect Mel to hang on forever .

He has told us he will sell to the right people and I trust him on this .

We are not going to agree on this 

Would the right people have been BZI then as he was more than willing to offload us to them? Yeah, we're not going to agree. I desperately hope I'm wrong but I don't see this ending well for us. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

His judgment has been questionable on many occasions.

The number of managers he has hired.

The quality of managers he has hired.

The transfer policy.

The financial state of the club.

Sam Rush.

The fiasco over the previous takeover is evidence enough that people have every right to question what is happening.

And the answer is .

Mel won’t stick around forever.

22 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I wonder if Leicester fans wanted to know this before they won the premier league . Jesus some folks are never happy . 

Because Leicester won the league with an owner who was initially mysterious, that has no bearing on how this will work for us.

You surely know that many clubs have got into serious difficulty with these sort of takeovers? I'd guess more often than not they end badly, with success even more rarer.

History would suggest this has more chance of being a debacle rather than a roaring success. Hopefully it will turn out good, although there are a few worrying aspects to this straight away.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Would the right people have been BZI then as he was more than willing to offload us to them? Yeah, we're not going to agree. I desperately hope I'm wrong but I don't see this ending well for us. 

I don’t know who the right people would be but I’m hopeful Alonso is driving a good deal 

Up the Rams 

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Since when did football fans become so precious? What right do we have as fans to know how this guy is being financed? Who cares. As long as he has the money and can fund wages/ incomings I couldn’t give a monkeys where he gets the money from.

All I care about is what happens on the pitch. I’m finding all these question marks pathetic quite frankly.

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I can’t understand where you are coming from .

You want to be sceptical that’s your choice .

I don’t. 

I am asking you to tell me what Mels options where considering he wanted to sell the club .

I don't know what Mel's options were, nor have I ever said he had better/worse options at all. Other posters may have but I've said nothing of the sort. I've explained why I'm cautious in my own post, a few above. You're replying to people and adding in other things that aren't what the posts you are quoting are even saying.

I have zero problem with Mel selling the club for any reason.

Edited by ThePrisoner

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

I don't know what Mel's options were, nor have I ever said he had better/worse options at all. Other posters may have but I've said nothing of the sort. I've explained why I'm cautious in a few posts of my own above. You're replying to people and adding in other things that aren't what the posts you are quoting are even saying.

I have zero problem with Mel selling the club for any reason.

That’s good then a because Mel was the owner and if people had gripes about that then that was the time to get annoyed about it not now when he’s sold it for his choice.

I’m not adding other things I’m posing questions to dig out what alternatives people think there where .

You may not like my style of posting which is not a surprise is it lol. 

Just now, Curtains said:

That’s good then a because Mel was the owner and if people had gripes about that then that was the time to get annoyed about it not now when he’s sold it for his choice.

I’m not adding other things I’m posing questions to dig out what alternatives people think there where .

You may not like my style of posting which is not a surprise is it lol. 

But you're effectively getting under people by inferring things that they aren't even saying. You kept asking me and others what Mel's options were but those people and myself never mentioned other options. We don't know what Mel's options were, so it's a moot point.

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

But you're effectively getting under people by inferring things that they aren't even saying. You kept asking me and others what Mel's options were but those people and myself never mentioned other options. We don't know what Mel's options were, so it's a moot point.

What does that mean ! 

You have a nice way of undermining me don’t you .

Edited by Curtains