Chris Wilder leaves Sheff U

Curtains

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this had been at the end of last season then he would have been able to get a job at most clubs, however this season has damaged his reputation and can only seeing him dropping down to the championship.

Would be an excellent option if Rooney was to leave for whatever reason.

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

"differing visions" being quoted and "not being happy for a while".

Usually means something like Wilder wants to spend all the cash and the owners want to keep all the cash......

lol, The ownership dilemma at the club has caused such big fractions it's a wonder Wilder has stayed this long. Considering his achievements the club are notoriously bad at supporting their manager with funds. I think this has contributed to his poor aquasitions as he couldn't buy who he really wanted. Some club in the championship are going to get very lucky picking him up.

41 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

lol, The ownership dilemma at the club has caused such big fractions it's a wonder Wilder has stayed this long. Considering his achievements the club are notoriously bad at supporting their manager with funds. I think this has contributed to his poor aquasitions as he couldn't buy who he really wanted. Some club in the championship are going to get very lucky picking him up.

You say that but he still spent £23m on Brewster & £18m on Ramsdale, both are bang average, and both have contributed to too few goals being scored, and too many goals being conceded.

It will be interesting to see if he tries the same king of formation, with the overlapping centre halves in his next job.  As it seemed to have been figured out my opposition bosses this season.

I could see him going to Celtic

That’s what losing every week in the Prem does.

A lesson for those thinking we should be going out hell bent for promotion.

if we’re not ready, we’re not ready. 

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

And yet here we are in in a relegation battle with an uncertain financial future.

I'd take promotion, a 9th place finish and relegation any day of the bloody week, thanks.

5 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

If this had been at the end of last season then he would have been able to get a job at most clubs, however this season has damaged his reputation and can only seeing him dropping down to the championship.

Would be an excellent option if Rooney was to leave for whatever reason.

I don't see his reputation has been damaged. What I see is a completely unprecedented season with no fans in the grounds and match after match coming thick and fast, without the usual recovery times. It will be unlike any other season in future and is one that sensible people will ignore. All these people somehow surprised Liverpool have lost 6 in a row at home? That's because they're not at home. They're playing in a soulless empty stadium. Wilder is still the most exciting English manager in the game for me.  

I agree he'd be an excellent option if Rooney left. I don't think we'll act if Rooney stays, but if I were being ruthless I would love to see him come to Derby regardless and take us to the next level. Which I acknowledge would be incredibly harsh on Rooney. 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

This argument is a nonsense. Everyone said Norwich were 'ready.' They absolutely destroyed this league but were rubbish in the prem, finishing rock bottom by some distance. They are in a better position for it though, they are a sustainable club and going up again.

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

You say that but he still spent £23m on Brewster & £18m on Ramsdale, both are bang average, and both have contributed to too few goals being scored, and too many goals being conceded.

It will be interesting to see if he tries the same king of formation, with the overlapping centre halves in his next job.  As it seemed to have been figured out my opposition bosses this season.

I could see him going to Celtic

I'm a big fan of Wilder, but some of his transfers have been terrible. Brewster is one of the worst deals I've ever seen. So bad, that I'm certain our recruitment team would've gone for it if we had the cash. McBurnie is a complete clogger too and they paid relatively big money for him.

I'm sure Wilder will do very well wherever he turns up next. It will be interesting te see how he handles this though since it's the first time he's really tasted any kind of failure in his managerial career up to this point. Up to this season his record looked like someone save scumming in Football manager.

A lot of underperforming Championship managers just became very, very twitchy 

bound to be a few owners contemplating giving the current manager the boot and persuading Chris to come aboard 

it has to be said, he absolutely mastered that 352 system and that first year in the premier league was a breath of fresh air and a tactical masterclass, nobody knew how to play against them. 

Would take him here in a heartbeat 

He's the pick of that batch of Premier league managers under pressure. I don't fancy Scott Parker, Bruce would just be more 0-0's, Dyche would be even more hoof. 

If Sibbo doesn't start today and we play for a draw then get Wilder in.

Archived