Neil Warnock

BriggRam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

Hate the bloke, but absolutely spot on about the refs, and hats off for having the nads to say it....I genuinely believe we have been let down massively by the men in black, about time something is said on SSN

No doubt they made some bad decisions in that game yesterday, the boro goal that was disallowed, never a foul on the swansea defender, the other way round if anything.

The penalty never a penalty either, but what seems more concerning to me is that the ref appears to have changed his mind after being approached by the swansea players.

I think warnock is going to get a fine though especially for his comments about Steve Coopers dad. Of course it was tongue in cheek, sort of but you cant say stuff like that, not these days.

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Spot on with what he says and he is still the best manager in the league, would have loved him at our place at some point, gutted we never managed to get him. 

He always speaks highly of Derby and would have joined us in a heart beat.

I have a theory. Referee’s poor decisions are being highlighted more as more games are on TV and more fans are watching with the replays. 

In the South Stand, you can be on let’s say the 5th row up in the lower tier, no way will you see if a defender gets the ball or man in the North Stand end area.

Think about bigger stadiums, away end at St James Park.

I don’t think the standard has dropped as such, maybe a little, it’s just being highlighted more now.

One of the very few times I actually agree with Warnock. The standard of officiating in the Championship is just terrible. The number of blatantly obvious decisions that not only the referees, but the linesmen too, miss is just ridiculous. Ruins the game. The FA need to do something to improve standards, because it’s an embarrassment to the English League at the moment.

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

One of the very few times I actually agree with Warnock. The standard of officiating in the Championship is just terrible. The number of blatantly obvious decisions that not only the referees, but the linesmen too, miss is just ridiculous. Ruins the game. The FA need to do something to improve standards, because it’s an embarrassment to the English League at the moment.

Mate of mine used to work do marketing for Carling when they sponsored the Premier League. He went to a promotional event and got talking to a PL ref and asked him why so many blatant fouls seemed to be missed by linesmen. He was shocked to be told that it was entirely up to the Ref and linesmen to decide how the match would be officiated - in many cases the Ref would instruct the linesmen that they were only to flag for offside and when the ball went out of play and that the Ref would deal with all on-field issues...no wonder the fans think officiating is crap if some Refs are so self-important that they won’t use their colleagues to help out....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Mate of mine used to work do marketing for Carling when they sponsored the Premier League. He went to a promotional event and got talking to a PL ref and asked him why so many blatant fouls seemed to be missed by linesmen. He was shocked to be told that it was entirely up to the Ref and linesmen to decide how the match would be officiated - in many cases the Ref would instruct the linesmen that they were only to flag for offside and when the ball went out of play and that the Ref would deal with all on-field issues...no wonder the fans think officiating is crap if some Refs are so self-important that they won’t use their colleagues to help out....

Every game I watch the assistant referees look frightened to death to make any kind of decision. 

Mind you, I wouldn’t want a baying mob behind my back where I couldn’t see a missile being thrown as well as the invective. My cousin refereed a Bristol Rovers reserve match and said the personal abuse was the worst he has experienced.

Just imagine if in your own job, just about everything you did was stopped and held up for scrutiny. I think you’d all soon go a bit jittery.

The sooner we return to referees making decisions (and yes, mistakes) and get rid of this Big Brother technology which is ripping the soul out of the game, the better. 

We should also have regular discussions between players and refs so each can learn from each other and create mutual respect. Divers and fakers need banning for substantial periods. Those who abuse refs too. There’s no room for it in amateur football, so people who are paid to be professional in their behaviour should be able to keep their gobs shut.

Then perhaps we might get a free-flowing game back which the fans can enjoy.

10 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Think that’s one of the major problems. Some of these referees seem like attention seekers, desperate to make bold calls that bring the spotlight down on them, rather than the game...

"Middlesbrough have been charged with a breach of conduct related to rule E20 by the Football Association after Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Swansea City."
"... The breach of E20 in the FA rulebook relates to any misconduct of person or persons connected with the club from directors and players to staff and supporters which relate to "improper, violent, threatening, abusive, indecent, insulting or provocative words or behaviour".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56362675

"Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following comments he made about the referee after the defeat by Swansea City.

The 72-year-old was angered by calls made by Gavin Ward, including the award of a 97th minute penalty.

Boro were already charged with failing to ensure their players "conducted themselves in an orderly fashion".

Warnock has until Monday, 22 March to respond to his charge."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56432218

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Got a virtual evening with Warnock tonight, thought I’d google the forum and see what I could bait him with.

Reckon this and the weather forecasts around Pride Park should do for starters.

send him a picture of @angieramcar in the snow

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Got a virtual evening with Warnock tonight, thought I’d google the forum and see what I could bait him with.

Ask him why he goes by Neil and not his real name Colin.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Ask him if he’ll manage us once WooneY has gone 

Archived