Neil Warnock

BriggRam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, David said:

Ask him why he goes by Neil and not his real name Colin.

? my mate asked why is he called Colin? Pete Graves the compare fielding the questions said was it something to do with Gary Lineker and Warnock said it was a fairly rude answer, to be honest he loves it, could clearly see that.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Ask him if he’ll manage us once WooneY has gone 

He’s been very close a few times, but listening to the amount of jobs he’s been close to is amazing. 

His main agent for players once told him to sign a French striker playing in ligue 2, Warnock didn’t fancy paying £100k for a ligue 2 striker, he couldn’t remember the club he was at, but Warnock’s actual agent told him off screen it was Bury. That player was Drogba! ? He reckons the players agent reminds him every time he has a recommendation for him ?

One for @Coneheadjohn he would apparently manage Sheffield Weds for nothing ? he reckoned Mandaric wanted him once, so Warnock said they should test the water one Friday night and leaked it to the Sheffield Star; what surprised him was 60% of fans actually wanted him in a poll over that weekend, but Milan had second thoughts come Monday morning. Warnock said he understood as the first 2 or 3 nil defeat would have been horrendous for Milan.

Funny how he shot down a couple of Spurs and Arsenal fans, said both should be careful what they wish for, he really rated Wenger and didn’t agree how he was hounded out of the club, said it’s really worked well since eh. He said Mourinho doing a great job with Levi controlling the purse strings. Really rates Mourinho and thinks he has an unfair press.

He loves banter but to be honest, he’s real entertainment and a quality celeb speaker, gone up a bit in my estimation.

11 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Wasn't Brian Clough once asked which manager he thought was most similar to himself. After some thought, "Mourinho, but not as handsome. Oh, and Neil Warnock, but without the success"

He spoke highly of Cloughie too, when on the subject of Wenger getting hounded out and certain Managers getting a bad press, said Cloghie was another. Couldn’t believe he never got the England job, always shared a drink with him in his Notts County days. His one story really linked to us and Cloughie, was about how some Managers can get the best out ordinary players, citing Willie Carlin as a perfect example.

12 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I love Colin and he's really fond of us for some reason. I remember earlier in the season, his pre-match presser for Boro sounded like he was interviewing for the Derby job!

Unsurprisingly, he loves traditional clubs, he told a Ipswich fan, he’d have loved to manage either East Anglian clubs but told a funny about Delia and the Canaries board interviewing him. The first question from the finance director was what makes you think you’ll take us up, when he answered along the lines “well I know more about getting you up than you lot”, he looked around the room and said to himself, well Neil I don’t think you’re getting this job ? He rates Farke b.t.w says he very under rated by the media.

4 hours ago, Zag zig said:

He spoke highly of Cloughie too, when on the subject of Wenger getting hounded out and certain Managers getting a bad press, said Cloghie was another. Couldn’t believe he never got the England job, always shared a drink with him in his Notts County days. His one story really linked to us and Cloughie, was about how some Managers can get the best out ordinary players, citing Willie Carlin as a perfect example.

Unsurprisingly, he loves traditional clubs, he told a Ipswich fan, he’d have loved to manage either East Anglian clubs but told a funny about Delia and the Canaries board interviewing him. The first question from the finance director was what makes you think you’ll take us up, when he answered along the lines “well I know more about getting you up than you lot”, he looked around the room and said to himself, well Neil I don’t think you’re getting this job ? He rates Farke b.t.w says he very under rated by the media.

Willie Carlin ordinary?

sounds like the bloke has been on the Carling.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Willie Carlin ordinary?

sounds like the bloke has been on the Carling.

Wine actually, there was a wine “expert” reviewing drinks every 20 minutes, it was noticeable that Neil was wearing his specs more at the end of the night ? He spoke about Carlin with affection, it was his opinion Cloughie made him better than he was; I’m too young to know otherwise ?

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Wine actually, there was a wine “expert” reviewing drinks every 20 minutes, it was noticeable that Neil was wearing his specs more at the end of the night ? He spoke about Carlin with affection, it was his opinion Cloughie made him better than he was; I’m too young to know otherwise ?

Think we signed him from Sheff Utd, so suppose he would have seen a lot of him as a fan there and made comparison.

Archived