The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

54 minutes ago, Norman said:

I had my Booster last week. Only to protect others. For me, the government can duck off with any restrictions. 

I worked through the worst of it, caught it through work when it could have easily have been avoided. Not letting people from a certain city who were already positive being shipped to my place of work would have helped me and my family - most of which caught it from me. 

When the restrictions were lifted, through a mixture of time, money and common sense, I didn't put myself in various pubs where you could drink with no mask on, I haven't been on holiday, I haven't been to as many football games.....now, who the duck has the right to tell me to not mix with my family over Xmas? Nobody. 

There are people on here who have potentially been spreading the virus a lot more than me, but because they wear a mask to the shops, but not to the pubs they frequent or the holidays they have been on, they seem to think they have the right to call others selfish.

Bizarre. And it is the same people who now fully support a lockdown. 

Get out of here with your hypocrisy.

Norman

I been to games and yes been careful and yes had my booster and I feel that if people just got damn injections this would not been happening now and I cant count on one hand were been for a drink not many times so dont say people on here been spreading this damn virus about.

33 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don’t know the data. Maybe you could look it up….

That’s why I said “if” and “possibility” We’re told it’s too early to be sure but anecdotally the unvaccinated seem to be the ones worst hit: talking today to a paramedic friend & he said that he’s taking covid patients into hospital who are in a bad way but it’s rare for him to have to pick someone up who’s had the vaccinations. 

I wouldn't know where to look it up, was hoping you'd be kind enough to provide a link to the data.

I think its probably a safe assumption that the unvaccinated will be the hardest hit, however I believe it to be complete bs that 90% of patients in hospital are unvaccinated.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Norman

I been to games and yes been careful and yes had my booster and I feel that if people just got damn injections this would not been happening now and I cant count on one hand were been for a drink not many times so dont say people on here been spreading this damn virus about.

I’m sorry mate but you are so wrong regards injections , the double , triple jabbed are spreading all variations of covid just as much as the unvaccinated 

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We are less likely to spread it mate and been proven people who have not had are the ones spreading it and the ones in hospital now.

Where has it been proven that it is the unvaccinated spreading it?

If you was saying such things about the vaccinated you would be getting called all sorts of names...

They’re asking for retired teachers to help out with the assumed ill teachers missing work after Xmas.

You can’t volunteer direct to schools though, you have to apply to a new teaching agency set up by the Landord of the local pub to the Education Secretary’s constituency home.

(You can hide this mods, I’m just feeling mischievous tonight)

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where has it been proven that it is the unvaccinated spreading it?

If you was saying such things about the vaccinated you would be getting called all sorts of names...

I think it’s obvious that everyone is spreading it.

I laughed at the quote that said 2 jabs won’t stop you catching omicron but a booster will help.

10 boosters won’t stop you catching it, just limit the effects.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

But they are mate after christmas but everything else is flaming shutting again grrrr grrrr grrrr.

I am not happy at all.

It started weeks ago mate. This weekend in Nottingham, traditionally the busiest time before Xmas, town was absolutely dead both days. Xmas parties being cancelled, Xmas meal bookings being cancelled. It's already here. 

3 hours ago, sage said:

I agree with much of that, however, 90 Sheffield paramedics had a night out last weekend and 48 caught covid. 

Sheffield now has a skeleton ambulance service. Now that is an extreme example, but unless you are happy for people with Covid still going to work, the numbers make further restrictions inevitable. 

Again the blame goes to anti vaxxers, asnt makers etc

Indeed. It seems this is running through medical staff in a way the other variants haven’t, and there are big staffing failures approaching. 

Anyone who ends up needing treatment for any condition or accident, covid or not, could be poo out of luck soon!

On a side note I noticed the NBA were considering letting asymptomatic players play, to ease the problems in the league. I wonder when if this sort of thing will be adopted in a variety of industries?

17 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed. It seems this is running through medical staff in a way the other variants haven’t, and there are big staffing failures approaching. 

Anyone who ends up needing treatment for any condition or accident, covid or not, could be poo out of luck soon!

On a side note I noticed the NBA were considering letting asymptomatic players play, to ease the problems in the league. I wonder when if this sort of thing will be adopted in a variety of industries?

They will have to if this spreads the way they are saying ,,,, this war on covid is turning out just like the very long running war on drugs and we know how that’s panned out , billions are being spent vaccinating millions that don’t need it man hours and focus too , jeez you can’t get near a doctor for anything but a covid jab , a covid jab that Doesn’t stop the spread and from the looks of things it’s not even slowing it down ,

there needs to be a total re think on the approach to covid and people need to stop swallowing the divisive blaming rhetoric being fed to them 

Edited by Archied

50 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think it’s obvious that everyone is spreading it.

I laughed at the quote that said 2 jabs won’t stop you catching omicron but a booster will help.

10 boosters won’t stop you catching it, just limit the effects.

It well known it give 75 percent to 80 percent protection or bad illness from it.

I just feel they cant keep shutting things down every half freaking secound it is punishing those that work in cinermas football stadiums and pubs and restaurants this none of our fault.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I sent back three home tests on Monday night. Nothing Tuesday, or Wednesday morning. Wednesday afternoon I went to a drive through test site. No results Thursday. Friday night I got the 3 home test results and Saturday morning I got the drive through results. 

It seems to be taking 3 or 4 days to get PCR results back  atm. Sometimes 2 to 3 days to receive them as well.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

It seems to be taking 3 or 4 days to get PCR results back  atm. Sometimes 2 to 3 days to receive them as well.

When it went through my house last month it wasn't great, I did a home test Tuesday after my wife tested positive and then another home test on the Thursday after I had a positive LFT, I got my Thursday result back on the Saturday and my Tuesday result on the Sunday? Both posted in the same NHS priority post box.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

When it went through my house last month it wasn't great, I did a home test Tuesday after my wife tested positive and then another home test on the Thursday after I had a positive LFT, I got my Thursday result back on the Saturday and my Tuesday result on the Sunday? Both posted in the same NHS priority post box.

Similar results with people at work Rynny.

36 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Not one person will stop me from seeing my family ever again for as long as I live and I hope most people feel the same. 

There’s no lockdown coming my way and if anybody sticks to the rules that are set, more fool you. 

That would depend what rules were set.

I wouldn't say I'm going to break the rules just because politicians did, that would make me as bad as them. 

Like you, I won't ever be told I can't see my family again but I'd have no problem with social distancing again in shops.

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wouldn't say I'm going to break the rules just because politicians did, that would make me as bad as them. 

Like you, I won't ever be told I can't see my family again but I'd have no problem with social distancing again in shops.

Well even that did not work eathier say to shop staff that got attacked because they ask people keep there distance.

34 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The question is, can you introduce social distancing in shops without doing it in pubs and restaurants? And if you do it in pubs and restaurants you then probably have to reintroduce furlough due to the devastation it would cause on the hospitality industry. Social distancing is one of the worst measures they could reintroduce. 

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Not one person will stop me from seeing my family ever again for as long as I live and I hope most people feel the same. 

There’s no lockdown coming my way and if anybody sticks to the rules that are set, more fool you. 

So no matter what any rules are, we should all ignore them?