The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Biden has consistently called on everyone to get vaccinated (well apart from during the election campaign when most deaths occurred)!

Wrong yet again.

Biden was calling for masks well before before the election.

He was insisting that Trumps team get tested before the debates even started.

Do you just guess at this stuff?

Or merely make it up?

Edited by Bob The Badger

19 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Wrong yet again.

Biden was calling for masks well before before the election.

He was insisting that Trumps team get tested before the debates even started.

Do you just guess at this stuff?

Or merely make it up?

Oh yeah, that is right, Biden didnt trust Trump but he trusted the scientists.

So I can only assume that he thought it was Trump that had made the vaccine, until he was voted into office of course...

As for masks, they really seem to have done the trick dont they. 

Edited by G STAR RAM

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Your kids don't come before my life! ?

BBC: "The JCVI said children were at such a low risk from the virus that jabs would offer only a marginal benefit." - different to what you said. That's still benefit!

Maybe the JCVI are wrong? Maybe another scientific body think differently. Maybe with more data - happening all the time, things will look different.

Choose your favourite science, choose your favourite stats 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well the JCVI concluded that the risks outweigh the benefits of vaccinating children.

Maybe we just have a different outlook on life. I would take absolutely no risk with my children's lives to potentially prolong mine, guess its just the way I was brought up but my kids lives always come first.

Just out of curiosity, why do you believe the JCVI?

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who says it's putting the younger generation at risk? I think the 'lost the whole point of life' is fantastic hyperbole. ?

There’s no proof that the younger are NOT at risk. Simply because all vaccines haven’t yet gone through the lengthy process of being tested. So whilst they’re not NOT at risk, they are at risk. 

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you believe the JCVI?

Well its kind of their job to advise on who should be receiving the vaccine?

The other side of the argument appears to be the Government and people who most likely have a financial incentive for extending the vaccine rollout as far as possible.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well its kind of their job to advise on who should be receiving the vaccine?

The other side of the argument appears to be the Government and people who most likely have a financial incentive for extending the vaccine rollout as far as possible.

And they would never be under any pressure or any 'financial inducement' be offered to them? Who are they by the way, I don't know.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

There’s no proof that the younger are NOT at risk. Simply because all vaccines haven’t yet gone through the lengthy process of being tested. So whilst they’re not NOT at risk, they are at risk. 

Just out of curiosity, but why are you dubious about the vaccine potential risk and not dubious of the potential risk in other sectors such as construction, consumables, tech and energy? 

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Did you wait 5-10 years before entering Pride Park as you then deemed it safe? 

No but I have a pretty decent professional understanding of construction engineering and understood the potential risk. However in terms of vaccinating kids, I’ve been watching/reading with interest the way American doctors are putting teens on medication with such ease, then those teens becoming total nutcases and taking guns into schools and stuff. 

Then the inner conspiracist in me sees who’s behind the insistence of vaccinations and their potential reasoning and then think “Wait….”  

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

No but I have a pretty decent professional understanding of construction engineering and understood the potential risk. However in terms of vaccinating kids, I’ve been watching/reading with interest the way American doctors are putting teens on medication with such ease, then those teens becoming total nutcases and taking guns into schools and stuff. 

Then the inner conspiracist in me sees who’s behind the insistence of vaccinations and their potential reasoning and then think “Wait….”  

Perhaps you ought to consider doing away with your inner conspiracist. I suggest Occam's razor.

16 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh yeah, that is right, Biden didnt trust Trump but he trusted the scientists.

So I can only assume that he thought it was Trump that had made the vaccine, until he was voted into office of course...

As for masks, they really seem to have done the trick dont they. 

Good point, I'm not at all sure why he didn't trust him.

I suppose it could have been because he suggested hydroxychloroquine was a cure when it wasn't.

Or maybe it was him telling people around him not to wear masks and then they all caught Covid as did a lot of non-mask wearing Republicans and very few mask wearing Democrats. Strange coincidence that.

It could have even been that Trump thought injecting bleach into people was worth the scientists  investigating.

Clearly they are all flimsy reasons for not trusting the POTUS to do something unscrupulous just before an election, so who knows what the real reason was my well informed friend? Who really knows?