The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I'll be happier once I see the line "the UK government have opted to follow the advice of the JCVI"

You wouldn't put anything past this bunch. Wait till Bojo gets an angry phone call from the CEO of Pfizer

Oh look what a surprise, the gov obviously aren’t happy with the JCVI conclusion that in this instance the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus. I hope parents are made well aware of this when/if they start rolling them out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9955325/JCVI-WONT-recommend-giving-Covid-vaccine-healthy-children-aged-12-15.html#article-9955325

41 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Oh look what a surprise, the gov obviously aren’t happy with the JCVI conclusion that in this instance the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus. I hope parents are made well aware of this when/if they start rolling them out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9955325/JCVI-WONT-recommend-giving-Covid-vaccine-healthy-children-aged-12-15.html#article-9955325

A sign of a weak argument is when someone starts misquoting (telling little porkies) an article.

7 hours ago, bcnram said:

A sign of a weak argument is when someone starts misquoting (telling little porkies) an article.

That wasn’t me quoting the article, those were my words. Look at the picture in the article, a child under the age of 16 is up to 8.5 times more likely to suffer adverse affects from the vaccine than they are to be admitted to ICU. The risk outweighs the benefit to these kids and that’s why the JCVI have ruled against it.

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

46 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Well after dodging the virus for all this time, and a couple of months after my second jab, Covid has finally caught up with me!

Ah well, the week off work will do me good. 

Same here mate, the Mrs got it last Monday and because I caught it off her 4 days later, my isolation has been extended……so I’m currently on day 6 of 13. Starting to crawl the walls. Hope you’re doing well.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Top up your antibodies and It’s given it nice so win win unless you’re feeling ill then it might not be too good. 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Same here mate, the Mrs got it last Monday and because I caught it off her 4 days later, my isolation has been extended……so I’m currently on day 6 of 13. Starting to crawl the walls. Hope you’re doing well.

Had a bit of a temperature and a chesty cough, but fine apart from that. 

I'll probably just try self medicating with some Scottish malt infused water to get me through the week.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can only imagine the reaction if Donald Trump had said this.

"Trump advises all Americans to become alcoholics"

Not trying to play down the importance of @GboroRam but his joke on a Derby Forum probably doesn't have the same sort of reach or impact as Trump did when president! And does anyone think Trump was joking or was just senile?

Edited by ariotofmyown

Anyone had a lateral flow test with a very faint line? My other son just had 2 of those, so been for a PCR. I'm hoping in vain a very faint line that took 5 or 10 minutes to appear means it might be negative.

My other son's lateral flow had both dark lines appear almost straight away and his PCR was positive.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Anyone had a lateral flow test with a very faint line? My other son just had 2 of those, so been for a PCR. I'm hoping in vain a very faint line that took 5 or 10 minutes to appear means it might be negative.

My other son's lateral flow had both dark lines appear almost straight away and his PCR was positive.

Yep my Mrs and Middle child, both positive on the PCR.

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

My lateral flow test had me down as clear, the PCR said positive. 

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not trying to play down the importance of @GboroRam but his joke on a Derby Forum probably doesn't have the same sort of reach or impact as Trump did when president! And does anyone think Trump was joking or was just senile?

Yeah just senile to be fair.

Thank goodness he was finally placed with someone sensible to bring peace back to the world and stability hey.

And just to bring it back on topic think Biden has done a brilliant job with the vaccines, managing to vaccinate 350 million people in a country with a population of about 330 million, only Dianne Abbot has managed a better rate so far.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah just senile to be fair.

Thank goodness he was finally placed with someone sensible to bring peace back to the world and stability hey.

And just to bring it back on topic think Biden has done a brilliant job with the vaccines, managing to vaccinate 350 million people in a country with a population of about 330 million, only Dianne Abbot has managed a better rate so far.

"Realise I probably look a bit daft for trying to equate the dangers of a madman who is followed by way too many morons. With Donald Trump (boom)!  So I'll...erm...I know...Dianne Abbot! Haha that'll learn em!"

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Realise I probably look a bit daft for trying to equate the dangers of a madman who is followed by way too many morons. With Donald Trump (boom)!  So I'll...erm...I know...Dianne Abbot! Haha that'll learn em!"

Well no, the post was mainly about Jo Biden, but as someone who probably wanted him to replace Donald Trump, I can understand why you decided to ignore that.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well no, the post was mainly about Jo Biden, but as someone who probably wanted him to replace Donald Trump, I can understand why you decided to ignore that.

No, it was mainly trying to go off on a new tangent as you realised it was a bit silly to criticise @GboroRamfor being hypocritical for making the sort of joke that he would also criticise Trump for making. Except Trump would be serious if he said the same thing.

I'd rather have you as US president than Biden. But I can't think of many people that I'd rather Trump be president instead of. Apart from most of your lot in the current cabinet.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

No, it was mainly trying to go off on a new tangent as you realised it was a bit silly to criticise @GboroRamfor being hypocritical for making the sort of joke that he would also criticise Trump for making. Except Trump would be serious if he said the same thing.

I'd rather have you as US president than Biden. But I can't think of many people that I'd rather Trump be president instead of. Apart from most of your lot in the current cabinet.

Sorry, appears I can't reply.