The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

37 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Trump was banned from Twitter 2-months AFTER the election because of Jan 6th insurrection that he was encouraging on Twitter.

I was gutted he was banned because I loved reading his rants.

I read at much Breitbart (still do read it every day) as I watched CNN.

And on the radio when out and about I'd rotate between Fox News and CNN.

Nobody is defending Cuomo, that's another goalpost move.

I'm defending Biden and saying he did what he could.

Cuomo is culpable and may end up in court in some way shape or form.

And Trump was treated badly by the media, I've never said otherwise. But he deserved most of it.

I'd say having people putting the deaths of 700,000 at your door (regardless of how uneducated the guess was), because of biased, poor, reporting is anything other than deserved.

By all means criticise his am a person, by all means criticise him as a person, by all means pick apart his record as President, but making lazy, baseless, accusations will do nothing more than empower him and his supporters even more.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

FWIW, I am not defending/supporting either Biden or Trump just pointing out that politics, especially in the US where things are so polar opposite, have contributed to the death count.

No doubt about that.

But the conversation when I got involved was about the handling of the pandemic by Trump and the suggestion that it was politicised by Biden.

Trump didn't attempt to keep people safe prior to the election and Biden did, and still is.

At any point in time Trump could have gone on every major news programme and told people to get vaccinated.

If he'd have called for a national Presidential broadcast, or even a simple press conference after the vaccine was cleared he'd look like a hero now and a lot less people who would be dead.

That's the confusing thing to me.

I can only imagine that he didn't go balls to the wall urging people to get the jab because the Democrats were and there isn't a bi-partisan bone in his body.

He'd be in power now if he'd told people to mask up and then kept his mouth shut prior to the election, no doubt about it. 

I said that Cuomo is culpable but we were talking about the other two.

What he did with the nursing homes was disgusting, but he did back down and go on TV and be vaccinated.

He's still a tool though.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'd say having people putting the deaths of 700,000 at your door (regardless of how uneducated the guess was), because of biased, poor, reporting is anything other than deserved.

By all means criticise his am a person, by all means criticise him as a person, by all means pick apart his record as President, but making lazy, baseless, accusations will do nothing more than empower him and his supporters even more.

Well, I don't know who those people are. I stepped in to correct a post that said ity was much higher than it is.

I've not seen any major news source blame Trump for 700k deaths, but feel free to link to one you have seen and I'll be as irritated with it as you are.

A handful of people here and there making that claim is no more representative of reality any more than the people claiming Fauci developed the virus himself and took it to China.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Well, I don't know who those people are. I stepped in to correct a post that said ity was much higher than it is.

I've not seen any major news source blame Trump for 700k deaths, but feel free to link to one you have seen and I'll be as irritated with it as you are.

A handful of people here and there making that claim is no more representative of reality any more than the people claiming Fauci developed the virus himself and took it to China.

You actually corrected the poster on here yourself.

I was just making the point how easy it is to spread misinformation, which I believe will have been based on poor and biased reporting. 

Do I think Trump handled the pandemic well. Not really.

Do I think his actions alone led to such a high death toll? Its certainly debateable.

Do I think the pandemic was used to score political points against him by both his opponent and the media? Absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Oh dear. Those spouting facts obviously haven't watched the Trump speech when he urged supporters to get vaccinated at a rally. He was booed. And he said 'I support your freedom of choice' amid the boos. 

And the same people go on about cognitive bias. Lolololololololololololololololololol. 

That was last month, we were talking about the run up to the November election last year. I know I dive into threads half way through and don't really know what is going on sometimes so I feel your pain and there's no need to apologise.

Is laugh out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud something you do very often?

It sounds tricky to pull off. You should start a YouTube channel showing how you do it and explaining what it even means.

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

That was last month, we were talking about the run up to the November election last year. I know I dive into threads half way through and don't really know what is going on sometimes so I feel your pain and there's no need to apologise.

Is laugh out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud out loud something you do very often?

It sounds tricky to pull off. You should start a YouTube channel showing how you do it and explaining what it even means.

Lolz. 

P.s it wasn't just last month. But thanks for bringing up another example of it happening. 

Edited by Norman

19 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Blimey.. Be a bit pissed off if the last question I was asked was are you Republican or Democrat.. How do they work this stuff out.

No idea but I did actually check his feed as I thought it might have got a tad tasty but he's put a note up saying he's deleted the post because it was causing too many arguments. Wouldn't have thought you'd need to be an astrophysicist to see that one coming Neil! ?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

5x more Democrats than Republicans are dying from Covid.

Prove I'm wrong.

So you can't then. FWIW, the only stats I can find suggest the difference is around 15%. The tweet has been taken down but the replies remain. Interesting reading...

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

35 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So you can't then. FWIW, the only stats I can find suggest the difference is around 15%. The tweet has been taken down but the replies remain. Interesting reading...

No I 100% could not prove or disprove it because it is extremely unlikely that the information would exist.

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No I 100% could not prove or disprove it because it is extremely unlikely that the information would exist.

It 100% does exist.

And it is 100% provable to anybody who wants to look up the information.

The US isn't like the UK with this kind of thing which is what I've spent a couple of days trying to explain.

Their freedom of information is way different to ours, there's very little anonymity within politics outside of QAnon. 

On a side note, Tyson is one of the most respected cosmologists in the world, he even supported Trump's idea of a Space Force for very interesting reasons, he's not a BS spreader. 

Edit: I'm not 100% sure a member of public can pull this info, but political parties and journalists can so I'd be highly surprised if that was the case.

Edited by Bob The Badger
Not 100% sure