The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Let's be honest, the latest 'relaxation' is all just going to create more divisions and fraught interactions between the masked and the mask-less.

I've never witnessed anything like this. Never seen anyone without a mask in shops etc being challenged by anyone while they've been compulsary, so don't see why that would change.

It's obviously too much to expect people to behave like responsible adults and manage their own risk, without being "confused".

22 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Let's be honest, the latest 'relaxation' is all just going to create more divisions and fraught interactions between the masked and the mask-less and put more people at risk - Government are essentially saying they're fine with paying for the economy getting going with 200 deaths per day. Don't think I'd be happy dying for the economy to be honest.

All done by design by a shambles of a Government to deflect attention away from their own failings by setting the public against one another.

Judging by this thread it will work as well. 

People have been dying for the economy since money was invented, only last week a roofer in my area  was killed falling off a roof , 

Edited by Archied

8 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Well he has a 50/50 chance of sorting out your haemorrhoids

Pity it's tennis elbow that I've got. True story, btw. It's doing my head in & can't get an appointment for about a month - presumably because all the doctors are too confused.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I've never witnessed anything like this. Never seen anyone without a mask in shops etc being challenged by anyone while they've been compulsory, so don't see why that would change.

It's obviously too much to expect people to behave like responsible adults and manage their own risk, without being "confused".

So because you've not seen it, it hasn't happened? 

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I've never witnessed anything like this. Never seen anyone without a mask in shops etc being challenged by anyone while they've been compulsary, so don't see why that would change.

Personally I've seen it several times and done it myself once - aimed at the maskless - whilst compulsory. 

Not much of a reach I don't think to suggest it will also happen when it's only advised as some people will follow the advice, some won't and people can't tolerate people behaving differently to themselves. In general.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

People have been dying for the economy since money was invented, only last week a roofer in my area  was killed falling off a roof , 

Fair point. Just think it's kind of odd to see the Government take a policy straight out of Shrek. "Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make".

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So because you've not seen it, it hasn't happened? 

I’m sure it’s happened but, quite rare I suspect. I’ve often thought about it but you never know if they have a valid reason not to wear one. I also think it is likely to be even less common when it’s no longer a legal requirements. So, I very much doubt it’s going to split the nation.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't you imply that - it is what your words seem to imply. What did you mean then?

I thought it was obvious that I was talking about my own experiences. It's a fair assumption that people are less likely to challenge others when it's optional than they are if it's compulsary. I'm not going to assume that people are suddenly going to start fighting in shops when they weren't previously.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Fair point. Just think it's kind of odd to see the Government take a policy straight out of Shrek. "Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make".

Doesn't it have to be a sacrifice that WE are willing to make, though, to get back to some kind of normality?.

As has been said, at some point we've got to open up and let it spread. Better now than closer to winter.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I thought it was obvious that I was talking about my own experiences. It's a fair assumption that people are less likely to challenge others when it's optional than they are if it's compulsary. I'm not going to assume that people are suddenly going to start fighting in shops when they weren't previously.

In your own personal experience that is. How many shops you been round then so we can tell how large a statistical sample it is. ?

3 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Personally I've seen it several times and done it myself once - aimed at the maskless - whilst compulsory. 

Not much of a reach I don't think to suggest it will also happen when it's only advised as some people will follow the advice, some won't and people can't tolerate people behaving differently to themselves. In general.

I’m with you on it seeming odd stating stuff now when the truth is as I posted earlier that we have always made those choices , same as the nhs make those sort of choices every year when they are rammed to the gunnels, we/ choose to turn off life support s or continue treating dependent on financial consideration s all the time but these are never in the main honestly admitted to ?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Wolfie said:

The government tells us to be sensible, considerate and responsible in the wearing of masks. There was the 'fan' with the flare up his nether regions, the reckless who invaded the stadium, those who injured 19 police, and the scum who posted vile messages to our brave boys not including those who booed the oppositions national anthem. I really believe that the vast majority of people are good but I wonder just how many people there are out there who lack kindness, responsibility, sense, consideration and compassion and will put the well being of others at risk because they just don't care.

23 hours ago, Rev said:

My lad got pinged, presumably from the pub he watched the Semi in, as all his mates did. 

Pub was open for the final though, even though Sunday was the day he got notified.

To update, he's now tested positive!

Which means the Rev household is going nowhere at all for 10 days. 

Dirty little bugger.