The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Get it done 

So we can go back freaking normal

People not having the jab is nothing to do with getting back to normal , I took the double jab on that reasoning , how’s that one working for us ,, cry freedom says Matt, 

my triple jabbed mate has just tested positive 

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Archied said:

People not having the jab is nothing to do with getting back to normal , I took the double jab on that reasoning , how’s that one working for us ,, cry freedom says Matt, 

If he dies or is very ill then you may have a point. At the moment Omicrom is not having a huge effect on death rates and I suspect that the doom mercahnts are laying it on thick. But that is in no small part due to vaccination programme doing its job.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If he dies or is very ill then you may have a point. At the moment Omicrom is not having a huge effect on death rates and I suspect that the doom mercahnts are laying it on thick. But that is in no small part due to vaccination programme doing its job.

The point I was replying to was get it done ( booster ) so we can get back to freakin’ normal , as if people not taking vaccine are to blame for spread 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

The point I was replying to was get it done ( booster ) so we can get back to freakin’ normal , as if people not taking vaccine are to blame for spread 

People not taking vaccines means more  people will get seriously ill. Which means hospitals will be busier than they need to be. 

No doubt you could say the same about drunks and obese people  but some of this is avoidable.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

The way i look at it is there is a disease out there. There is a way to limit the damage i might as well do it.

i got a chronic condition, take some medecine twice a day, and have done so for 15  years. It will never get better but will prevent from getting worse, thats all i can hope for. On that basis if i have to get jabbed every 6 months even 3, monthly, whats the difference? You tell me.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Every anti vaxxer has a triple jabbed mate who has Covid. What are the odds? It's like anti vaxxers who know people who died after having the vaccine. 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Well appently it gives upto 75 percent protection from it mate or more which one he has.

But they 2 jabs wont be enough to protection of new damn strain.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Every anti vaxxer has a triple jabbed mate who has Covid. What are the odds? It's like anti vaxxers who know people who died after having the vaccine. 

Not all people who are not vaccinated are anti-vaxxers fella. I have never tried to talk anyone out of having the jab. I have had other jabs in my life, most of my family and friends are covid jabbed. 

One fact I do know, in my factory we currently have 9 people off with Covid. All are double jabbed, all have very mild symptoms but have tested positive. We also have 2 people off feeling ill from the booster. Very similar symptoms, headaches, feeling cold and hardly any feeling from the waist down. One rang in today to say they are feeling better so hopefully its just a 24 hour reaction.

If you truly believe in the vaccines then you should not be bothered about those who choose not to have them. You will be fine.

Good news on the Omicron variant from South Africa.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-17/s-africa-says-hospitalizations-in-omicron-wave-much-lower?srnd=premium-europe

It looks like its highly transmissable but with mostly very mild symptoms.

Gossip around the football world suggests all those currently positive have mild symptoms or none at all. Hopefully thats true and its the beginning of the end. My hope is that it becomes just another cold or flu variant and we can start to get back to normal, albeit with better hand washing and sanitising procedures embedded and wearing masks in shops if we have coughs. 

These measure would also save people a lot of money on over the counter medicines by not catching flu in the first place.

I might start charging for my whisky, honey and lemon concoction that has never yet failed to sort a cold out though.

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Good news on the Omicron variant from South Africa.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-17/s-africa-says-hospitalizations-in-omicron-wave-much-lower?srnd=premium-europe

It looks like its highly transmissable but with mostly very mild symptoms.

Gossip around the football world suggests all those currently positive have mild symptoms or none at all. Hopefully thats true and its the beginning of the end. My hope is that it becomes just another cold or flu variant and we can start to get back to normal, albeit with better hand washing and sanitising procedures embedded and wearing masks in shops if we have coughs. 

These measure would also save people a lot of money on over the counter medicines by not catching flu in the first place.

I might start charging for my whisky, honey and lemon concoction that has never yet failed to sort a cold out though.

I had my flu haps

If shop around you can find cold and flu stuff a lot cheaper.

It looks like the new variant is spreading like wildfire and it doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated or not, chances are you are going to get the virus.

The vaccines, however, are proven to limit the potential damage. 

Ultimately the government want to limit deaths and hospitalizations. They are pushing for the vaccines because science indicates it’s the best course of action to save lives. Not some ulterior motive of being part of a worldwide elite level cahoot and lining their own pockets like some still claim.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

It looks like the new variant is spreading like wildfire and it doesn’t matter if you’re vaccinated or not, chances are you are going to get the virus.

Ultimately the government want to limit deaths and hospitalizations. They are pushing for the vaccines because science indicates it’s the best course of action to save lives. Not some ulterior motive of being part of a worldwide elite level cahoot and lining their own pockets like some still claim.

What's the situation like in Mexico, are vaccines freely available and mostly taken up or is there a push back on the take up of them?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Might be the case in Mexico Bris.

In Britain, the current government have cut 22,000 beds out of the NHS system so I'm not convinced they want to limit deaths and hospitalisations.