The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Exactly and completely understand why and am please we did it. However my point still stands, those who have been double jabbed did so taking a risk, but took that risk as they wanted an end to this craziness. Now it looks like that risk was pretty much a waste of time, as the craziness is back, and I can only see it getting worse including waste of time lockdowns. 

Yep ,I played the game and got double jabbed ,,, never again ,the jig is up??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If I understand this Virus correctly, if all of mankind sat down and watched telly for say 21 days, never leaving the house, the virus would be eradicated. What is wrong with these scientists? I only got a CSE Grade C in Physics, but the answer is obvious.

No Problem Laugh GIF by HannahWitton

Silly boy ,, do you not understand the next super duper variant which is so contagious you can catch it from the telly ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Never played a board game called 'Scoop' by Waddington's as a kid? It used to happen every time.

I never did, But played Cluedo and got smashed over the head with a piece of lead pipe by Miss Scarlett for trying to put my hand down her knickers while in the Kitchen.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

However my point still stands, those who have been double jabbed did so taking a risk, but took that risk as they wanted an end to this craziness.

Weird that, I couldn't wait to get the vaccine as it was completely obvious that any possible risk posed by the vaccine was way, way less than the risk of becoming very ill from Covid.

I know loads of people who got pretty ill before the vaccine. I know people who know people who died before the vaccine. The other day I posted about a 11 year old I know who was in intensive care. (Fortunately he is on the mend.) I know of a few people who've got long Covid from before the vaccine.

I think I know one person who has been pretty ill after double vaccination, ie nearly had to go to hospital. Think I know one person who was ill for more than a couple of days after a vaccine shot.

When you think a vaccine was "untested", or not tested properly, it's not a surprise you think taking it was a big risk.

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Weird that, I couldn't wait to get the vaccine as it was completely obvious that any possible risk posed by the vaccine was way, way less than the risk of becoming very ill from Covid.

I know loads of people who got pretty ill before the vaccine. I know people who know people who died before the vaccine. The other day I posted about a 11 year old I know who was in intensive care. (Fortunately he is on the mend.) I know of a few people who've got long Covid from before the vaccine.

I think I know one person who has been pretty ill after double vaccination, ie nearly had to go to hospital. Think I know one person who was ill for more than a couple of days after a vaccine shot.

When you think a vaccine was "untested", or not tested properly, it's not a surprise you think taking it was a big risk.

And now we have the vaccines there should be no need for any other restrictions then? 
FWIW like a few on here I don’t know anyone who was ill before the vaccines, however know at least 5 people who have had Covid since being double jabbed (including me) all were ill for a couple of days (not bed ridden, just a bit feverish and that was it. 
im not saying the vaccines are a bad thing, not at all. However now we have them let’s not keep going back to masks, tests, isolations etc etc etc. There comes a point it all needs to end, we’re way past that point. Those who don’t want the vaccine, absolutely no issue from me their choice their risk. 

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

And now we have the vaccines there should be no need for any other restrictions then? 
FWIW like a few on here I don’t know anyone who was ill before the vaccines, however know at least 5 people who have had Covid since being double jabbed (including me) all were ill for a couple of days (not bed ridden, just a bit feverish and that was it. 
im not saying the vaccines are a bad thing, not at all. However now we have them let’s not keep going back to masks, tests, isolations etc etc etc. There comes a point it all needs to end, we’re way past that point. Those who don’t want the vaccine, absolutely no issue from me their choice their risk. 

That's true, but if they refuse the vaccine then they are at an increased risk of catching the virus and therefore passing it on to vulnerable people like my mum, who have been vaccinated and because of their weakened immune response stand little chance of surviving if infected.

The choice of the unvaccinated becomes not only a risk to themselves (which I have no issue with) but to others as well (and there lies my issue). That said, I understand that vulnerable people could also pick up infection from double vaccinated people who have caught the virus, but it's not quite as likely.

I understand and respect differing viewpoints on this thread but we are all influenced by our own personal circumstances and this is how I feel at the moment.

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know I'm only talking to the half of people in this thread that believe in science and that accept there are people more knowledgable than they are.

But the irony is, that if all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers hadn't been anti-mask and anti-vaxx they wouldn't be whining about having to wear a mask now because there would be no need.

The new variant is here in this country, in large part, because of people who refused to wear masks and have the vaccine.

Dr. Fauci said as soon as the vaccine came out that if we cannot get at least 80%, preferably 90% of people to get vaccinated then it would just mutate.

No doubt that was all part of the great conspiracy.

And yes, I recognise that if they'd not been whining then they wouldn't be whining now, but you get my gist.

I assume you 'scientifically respectful' and ever so 'umble folk are well versed in the differences between the propensity of RNA viruses (like covid-19 and influenza) vs. DNA  viruses to mutate? 

15 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Fnar fnar 

image.thumb.png.6685ff09d94b0f522582848cb8ddfa54.png

Is this really a thing?

Are there adults out there who have never been taught how to wash their hands?

Maybe it's a matter of complacency, where we just give a quick rinse, which isn't quite the same as the cleaning that is needed.

Sorry, thoughts changing as I'm typing.

We shouldn't need to be reminded how to wash our hands, however such notices serve a useful reminder.

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Yet Astra zenica not approved in USA , slow slow quick quick slow ,,,,, always follow the money 

You do realize AZ is a public company with many holding shares and options in them? Just like mRNA, PFE, JNJ, SAVA, BNTX etc 

The follow the money, drug companies making billions line only works if they are private companies with a select few cashing in.

But they’re not.

You could have become rich off this pandemic too. Anybody in the world could have by acquiring shares in the above mentioned companies.

The them vs us line is absolute rubbish and holds no truth whatsoever when we’re talking about public companies who form part of the S&P500, NYSE and Dow.

2 hours ago, Miggins said:

That's true, but if they refuse the vaccine then they are at an increased risk of catching the virus and therefore passing it on to vulnerable people like my mum, who have been vaccinated and because of their weakened immune response stand little chance of surviving if infected.

The choice of the unvaccinated becomes not only a risk to themselves (which I have no issue with) but to others as well (and there lies my issue). That said, I understand that vulnerable people could also pick up infection from double vaccinated people who have caught the virus, but it's not quite as likely.

I understand and respect differing viewpoints on this thread but we are all influenced by our own personal circumstances and this is how I feel at the moment.

Dig a bit and you will find vaccinated and unvaccinated are catching and spreading COVID pretty much the same , 

I don’t say this to you in an argumentative way as I find your posts  decent and respectful , I say it in the hope you get more peace of mind and have less to stress over whether others are vaccinated or not

54 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You do realize AZ is a public company with many holding shares and options in them? Just like mRNA, PFE, JNJ, SAVA, BNTX etc 

The follow the money, drug companies making billions line only works if they are private companies with a select few cashing in.

But they’re not.

You could have become rich off this pandemic too. Anybody in the world could have by acquiring shares in the above mentioned companies.

The them vs us line is absolute rubbish and holds no truth whatsoever when we’re talking about public companies who form part of the S&P500, NYSE and Dow.

Don’t be naive

Edited by Archied