Kamil Jozwiak - mid term assessment

SamUltraRam

2 hours ago, JarodyDCFC said:

And coincidentally those two assists came from the right hand side of the pitch. The nice pass he played into Marriott and the cross for Knight. 

Unfortunately we don't actually have anyone else who can play on the left hand side at the moment. So even if Jozwiak might be better on the right, he has to play as there's no one else.  

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he said that he prefers left, but can play on both wings.

Maybe the reason he plays better on the right has more to do with Byrne's ability to support the attacks? Buchanan is developing nicely, but attacking-wise he is nothing special yet.

Always looked better on the right but needs must at the moment. Need Lawrence fit or Rooney needs to trust Sibbo and give him a go there.

I think the time to judge Jozwiak is next season. He looks a talent no question (those comparing him to Camara are being ridiculous), I liked his early performances where he really got stuck in. He seems to have lost that, probably due to confidence and he’s playing the victim a lot at the moment, goes down very easily. I think he needs some time out the team but hopefully he’ll come back and realise his potential because he’s a player no doubt.

The incessant going to ground easily needs to be cut out of his game. Am not sure if it's a confidence thing or a trait he has carried over from the Polish leagues but I noticed it when he first signed for the club.

Given the physicality of the Championship it's not going to wash and will wear real thin really fast. 

Would anyone be scared of him is he was playing for the opposition..? I highly doubt It. 
offers nothing and we are better without him in the side, I think the comparisons to Russell are unfair on Russell, he is more like a poor mans Tom Lawrence and that Is not where anyone wants to be.!

45 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The incessant going to ground easily needs to be cut out of his game. Am not sure if it's a confidence thing or a trait he has carried over from the Polish leagues but I noticed it when he first signed for the club.

Given the physicality of the Championship it's not going to wash and will wear real thin really fast. 

I just don't think he's very stable on his feet. 

He falls over when no one's near him. 

He needs to improve his shooting and we need to get players closer to him so he has an offload ball in tight spaces. 

If he can get defences guessing whether he will pass or shoot he will make time for himself. 

On 27/02/2021 at 14:40, Chris_Martin said:

Unfortunately we don't actually have anyone else who can play on the left hand side at the moment. So even if Jozwiak might be better on the right, he has to play as there's no one else.  

Jozwiak has said he prefers the LW. The other other player is SIbley for LW. He had a great game there vs Birmingham but hasn't played there since, not sure why.

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Would anyone be scared of him is he was playing for the opposition..? I highly doubt It. 
offers nothing and we are better without him in the side, I think the comparisons to Russell are unfair on Russell, he is more like a poor mans Tom Lawrence and that Is not where anyone wants to be.!

Fairly sure Holland will be concerned about him next time they play him.

So far he’s been very underwhelming. Other than his first few matches he’s really not offered a lot in the final third. 

Lots of posters have already defended him on this thread and I don’t dislike him. But if we don’t see much next season I think it’s safe to say we’ve wasted another £3-4m.

The fee as per usual will sit on his shoulders against his performances, at the moment his performances have been no better than what we could’ve got from a free transfer. He works hard which needs to be appreciated but for his reputation and hype we need more. 

Despite there being more than enough matches left this season I think it’ll be next season when the judgment from the fans can be passed fairly.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

What did Zoon cost us, 2.75 to 3 million? He's going down the same way as him unless he starts to radically buck his ideas up. 

Jozwiak is a player with a huge amount of potential. He has his best years ahead of him, Zoon didn't.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Jozwiak is a player with a huge amount of potential. He has his best years ahead of him, Zoon didn't.

Potential is the keyword. Playing devil's advocate you can say someone has the potential to get worse as I believe you've used the word in a positive light.

Josefzoon was never had any importance to the team in terms of workrate and playing a strict & disciplined system focussed on getting it right off the ball (Rooney keeps on picking him for a reason)... and yet even with the freedom he was given under Lampard still he offered nothing in return.

I'm pretty confident that Jozwiak would look a lot better playing under Lampard, McClaren & even Rowett (look at Weimann) than under Cocu & Rooney.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

What did Zoon cost us, 2.75 to 3 million? He's going down the same way as him unless he starts to radically buck his ideas up. 

Sorry, but he's absolutely not. In terms of playing style, effort, defensive coverage and willingness to try and beat his man, they are absolutely poles apart, pun intended. Let's not make him the latest in a long line of unwarranted scapegoats please, especially when the reasoning behind such thinking is so completely devoid of substance.

With a season to acclimatise and hopefully a more settled club in general to look forward to, I can see him doing well next year, especially if we can keep his Polish buddy fit. I think folk fail to take into account how hard it can be for foreign players, especially younger ones, to simply up and leave their homeland for somewhere like Derby and even more so when they arrive in the epicentre of a shitstorm they most likely never saw coming. Recruited under Cocu to play one role and then almost immediately finding himself under a new manager in a team rooted in a relegation mire, is not exactly a recipe for a smooth transition, is it? As it stands and even without an progression, the only similarities between him and Zoon are their signing fees. This lad has already shown he can give FBs a torrid time when he's right on it, he just neds to find the confidence to do so consistently.

On 28/02/2021 at 21:43, Coconut said:

Josefzoon was never had any importance to the team in terms of workrate and playing a strict & disciplined system focussed on getting it right off the ball (Rooney keeps on picking him for a reason)... and yet even with the freedom he was given under Lampard still he offered nothing in return.

I'm pretty confident that Jozwiak would look a lot better playing under Lampard, McClaren & even Rowett (look at Weimann) than under Cocu & Rooney.

Rooney inherited all but five if the present squad. He has either fitted around them or he is expecting them to fit round his plans. Either way this is not Rooney's squad as yet. We will see how good Rooney is when he has signed about ten players whether on loan or on reasonable length contracts. Is the way we are are playing Rooneyball or will it be very different when he has his own players.

On 28/02/2021 at 22:26, 86 Hair Islands said:

Sorry, but he's absolutely not. In terms of playing style, effort, defensive coverage and willingness to try and beat his man, they are absolutely poles apart, pun intended. Let's not make him the latest in a long line of unwarranted scapegoats please, especially when the reasoning behind such thinking is so completely devoid of substance.

With a season to acclimatise and hopefully a more settled club in general to look forward to, I can see him doing well next year, especially if we can keep his Polish buddy fit. I think folk fail to take into account how hard it can be for foreign players, especially younger ones, to simply up and leave their homeland for somewhere like Derby and even more so when they arrive in the epicentre of a shitstorm they most likely never saw coming. Recruited under Cocu to play one role and then almost immediately finding himself under a new manager in a team rooted in a relegation mire, is not exactly a recipe for a smooth transition, is it? As it stands and even without an progression, the only similarities between him and Zoon are their signing fees. This lad has already shown he can give FBs a torrid time when he's right on it, he just neds to find the confidence to do so consistently.

Ditto. That is a seriously impressive summing up  @86 Hair Islands gave me a tingle down my spine it was that good.  

Archived