Kamil Jozwiak - mid term assessment

SamUltraRam

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Attacking midfielder / no10 

I like the fact he can hold the ball but not a great winger, as I said right at the start.

No noooo nooo if we’re playing a no. 10 then it has to be someone who can hold up the ball, thread a defence splitting pass or smash one in from the edge of the area - I’m not sure Kamil is that player 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

He's playing too many minutes. Think his impact would be much more significant if he was subbed off 60-65 mins, in most games. 

are you trolling?  Not clear but I will bite.  My perception is that he is normally the first to be subbed 

On the whole been really impressed with him and think he is good value for £3.5m (if that is what we actually paid for him). Certainly gone off the boil in the last few weeks, probably since the Sheff Wed game. On saying that he'd have scored on Tuesday night if Kazim didn't take that one off his toe in the first half.

Hopefully once Lawrence is fit and Ibe is back in the frame the extra competition will give him the kick he needs and he can rediscover his form earlier in the season.

Average player on poor pitch, good player on good pitch.

Can't blame him for the effort, but we could certainly get more out of him. I think he looked good partnering Byrne on the right, maybe some consistency with his playing position would give platform to build a more effective partnership with a fullback.

I think McClaren needs to put an arm around him and give him the benefit of his knowledge, I think he’s regressing lately and a bit of Mac’s TLC might bring out his undoubted potential. 

He brought out my turrets the other night against Wycombe as I believe he’s a better player than we’re seeing recently.

Good player in an average, workman like team. I think the Russell comparisons are spot on but he was more fortunate to be playing in top 6 finishing sides, Joz has his work cut out this year. He'll learn a lot though, first year playing abroad and he's still just 22 years old. 

I really like him. I'm excited to see him at the Euro's in the summer and in a better Derby County team next year when Wazza has had a chance to mould his own team. 

I've got time for him.  His work rate is brilliant and he's fully on it, he looks a real handful.  I just think that his decision making can be poor at times, but he's still new to the league, learning a new language, and it can't be easy for dribblers on the pitches how they are.

As others have pointed out, I think we'll see the best of him next season when he's settled.  Let's not forget that Bielik didn't look anything like the player we saw this season when he first came in.  I think with time his decision making will develop and he'll be a real asset.

Grade B Very promising prospects. 

Kamil does a lot of work for the team that probably goes a bit unseen because he is a forward and it is expected that he will unpick and unlock defences. It's this latter aspects that he needs to work on. We have frequently seen very adroit ball retention and some good footwork, but often it is at the expense of a considerable expenditure of Kamil's energy and with an insufficient amount of geographical advantage made; too often progress with the ball is obliquely sideways rather than forwards. Sometimes in addition, any ground made is immediately forfeited by loss of the ball or an intercepted pass. So, secondly, Kamil must work harder on "cashing in" on the advantage his work has achieved before the output is wasted. 

All of the above is within Kamil's grasp and he is still learning. The addition of Roberts will help significantly as it will serve to provide a similar model for the Team to work with and reduce some of the burden of expectation from Kamil's solitary shoulders.

I fully expect both players to show great improvement this year in tandem. 

I think he’s been ok, but he’s no more than an average Championship player. Good at driving forward with the ball, but a bit physically weak and is knocked off the ball too easy. Very similar to Waghorn really, works hard but pretty ineffective generally. Tough call between him and Lawrence - think Tom has more natural ability, but Jozwiak is more reliable. We need better than all 3 of them imo, unless Lawrence can get his act together. Youth coming through doesn’t look massively promising either - Mitchell-Lawson gets on the bench but isn’t good enough. May be an area to trade up in over summer.

I would judge him next season.

Do I think he is going to explode and rack up 10 goals and 10 assists in a season? Probably not.

But there is the potential there for him to improve and show more consistency in his end product and overall attacking contribution. 

It’s not going to help when he has walked into a group of players low on confidence and extremely low on flair, creativity and attacking output.

He reminds more of an Andreas Weimann rather than a Johnny Russell.

Johnny Russell was extremely underrated.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I like him but he lacks the final ball/shot/pass......

Comparing him to someone like Ince,Russell or Jamie ward,shows Jos in a very poor light once in the final third....he just doesn't ever look like he's going to score or put in that killer pass...it always just fades away.

He needs a lot of development.

He needs some support, Russell et al had more footballing talent to call on than Joz currently has available to help him.

Archived