Kamil Jozwiak - mid term assessment

SamUltraRam

9 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

To me he's a large part of the reason that our defence has been so good, but our attack has been so poor.

His work rate is superb - that alone occupies opposition players. His tracking back is excellent - he directly adds to the defensive effort. He generally moves the ball towards the opposition goal - which is a huge help defensively as it gives us a few seconds to get organised at the back. 

The problem is that his shooting is terrible and his crossing is only average. In a side so short of attacking quality, his lack of threat is not ideal. I'd still play him every time above Lawrence though. 

My view is that he's an asset whilst we're in a relegation dog-fight, but on current showing, we're unlikely to get promoted with him as a regular starter. Too early to give up on him though. It's possible that he'll improve - indeed he might even be tailoring his game to our situation. Maybe, in a more footballing team, he'd run around less and have more energy and 'head space' to be properly creative.

I agree with this but I do think he can be a starter in a top six team.

However in the off season the club needs to make some key decisions. A midfield where you choose from Waggy, Joz, Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Lawrence does not quite give enough end product return.

I hope we persist with this 4-4-2 a little more, play more direct because it will be a lot easier for our wingers and full backs to offer more when you have multiple players on the box to aim at, not just one player.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He appears to have steadily regressed since coming in.

In his first few games he was direct, aggressive and confident. 

Now he huffs and puffs but rarely does anything of substance, doesn’t seem as willing to drive at defenders and beat them, it often results in him getting dispossessed or giving up and passing backwards.

The fact that I have to keep reminding Myself he’s a full Polish international who is highly rated throughout polish football suggests he’s underperforming substantially currently. 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

He appears to have steadily regressed since coming in.

In his first few games he was direct, aggressive and confident. 

Now he huffs and puffs but rarely does anything of substance, doesn’t seem as willing to drive at defenders and beat them, it often results in him getting dispossessed or giving up and passing backwards.

The fact that I have to keep reminding Myself he’s a full Polish international who is highly rated throughout polish football suggests he’s underperforming substantially currently. 

I always say that Derby seem to take good players and slowly ruin them, hope he isn’t an example of that but I totally agree.

When he first came in I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team and looked a threat running at teams. 

He seems to have lost that cutting edge, but let’s not forget it’s his first season in England, in a team that’s struggled for goals and had a lot going on behind the scenes.

I’m hopeful he will kick on next season. 

I dont want to be talking about potential when we spend £3m/£4m on an international player.

Very disappointing. Works hard and carries the ball well really shouldn't be what we should be saying about a winger.

Very weak, gives the ball away too much, poor decision making and very little end product. 

I have no doubt that if he was English he would be getting absolutely slated.

Hope he comes good but seen very little so far to suggest that he will.

At the start, minimal contact and he would go down, this is the english championship, refs aren't trigger happy like on the continent. Tbf he does not seem to do it as much, so he should get some free kicks in good positions on the pitch because he likes to carry the ball, this is as long as he doesnt look like he's looking for it every time.

There is a half decent player in there, just need to do a bit more

I like him. Think still settling in to championship and visibly not the same since Bielik was injured. He sometimes seems surprised people are not where he seems to expect to be or running where he expects but links up well with Byrne. His final decision often lets him down. However, think he will get there

Won't cut it at Derby unfortunately. If he's trying this hard and only producing what he currently is then that's worrying.

His head is always down when running with the ball.
He doesn't have lightening pace to breeze past players.
The ball never seems under control when he's got it (not just on the Pride Park pitch....other away grounds with better pitches too).
He can't take a decent set piece, worryingly he doesn't look like he can really kick it with enough pace for a decent free-kick.
He always seems to mis-time a key pass or over-run the ball at key moments, serious lack of composure.

That said, I would give him next season for a fresh crack at it. But I don't hold much hope for him.

On 19/02/2021 at 18:42, minesahartington said:

Holds onto the ball far too long. Looks busy but achieves little (so far) Needs to look up, relax and not try so hard

Exactly what I would say, he needs to realise that the right 10yd pass given early is just as effective/more effective as beating three men and slinging a cross in to no one in particular.

Wow this thread is a nightmare - I really hope none of our players come on this forum - Hope anyone from the club keeps them away from it

Young lad, first season at a new club in a new country plus he's gone through a managerial transition already and we're shocked he doesn't make an immediate impact?

Rooney has been asking the team for more hard work, more energy and more defensive solidity - When Jozwiak first came in he showed some flashes of brilliance and tenacity in the final third but was barely tracking back and wasn't helping out the defence at all - In more recent weeks he's been more disciplined, tenacious and helpful to the defence - The whole team is responsible for the increased solidity we've seen under Rooney including him, Waggers and CKR 

But when you make that kind of change he's not going to play with quite the same openness - At least for now - And with the loss of Bielik everyone else is having to put even more defensive shift in cos he's such a huge loss and we have no-one else with that ability 

Give it a bit of time people - He's obviously got ability - Maybe don't jump down people's throats after what you perceive to be a couple of bad games

1 hour ago, WamRam said:

Won't cut it at Derby unfortunately. If he's trying this hard and only producing what he currently is then that's worrying.

His head is always down when running with the ball.
He doesn't have lightening pace to breeze past players.
The ball never seems under control when he's got it (not just on the Pride Park pitch....other away grounds with better pitches too).
He can't take a decent set piece, worryingly he doesn't look like he can really kick it with enough pace for a decent free-kick.
He always seems to mis-time a key pass or over-run the ball at key moments, serious lack of composure.

That said, I would give him next season for a fresh crack at it. But I don't hold much hope for him.

Make your mind up.

You start of by saying he won’t cut it at Derby (a bit early to be writing him off) then you say give him next season for a fresh crack at it.

Archived